The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds 88-98 (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   99' CCSB build Family Cruiser! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=566848)

YBNORML 04-27-2013 08:04 PM

Re: 99' CCSB build Family Cruiser!

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 6032603)
Wow, so sorry to hear! Hope they're tracked down & you get it all back, especially the truck. I pray those low-life's are caught & punished to the max! Wishing you the best.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by zammer (Post 6033025)
No way! Dirty scum that is for sure. Ill be watching for it.
Sorry to hear that man, crap that pisses me off
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slammed66 (Post 6033750)
Wow, brutal. Sorry to hear that.
I hope they recover the truck intact, and those dousche bags get what's comin.
Posted via Mobile Device

FOUND IT!!! I got a call last night from the city impound lot. They had my truck, i picked it up last night. There isn't much damage, they broke into my shop first and stole the keys so the column wasn't busted up. It just looks like they somehow bent the steering wheel. It'll go in next week for a full inspection and repair.

I have been trying to do an inventory of my shop and so far it looks like they got about 6-8 grand worth of tools. Sure doesn't take long to add up. They also vandalized my 4-door Blazer, probably gonna be a write-off:(

likaroc13 04-27-2013 09:02 PM

Glad to hear you got the Crew back with minimal damage. Really sucks about the tools & your Blazer though. :(

Any leads/info on the thieves?
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

LEEVON 04-27-2013 09:30 PM

Glad you got it back!!!

zammer 04-27-2013 10:10 PM

Great to hear you got it back, you're right about tools adding up quick . It takes years to gather them too . Hope your insurance covers most of it. Send huge cops to the local pawn shops that's where lots of that stuff ends up . Many of the trades that worked on my house said they have gotten tools back from pawn shops. Just brutal and a big pain in the ass. Good luck clearing it all up soon
Posted via Mobile Device

YBNORML 04-27-2013 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 6038353)
Glad to hear you got the Crew back with minimal damage. Really sucks about the tools & your Blazer though. :(

Any leads/info on the thieves?
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEEVON (Post 6038412)
Glad you got it back!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zammer (Post 6038483)
Great to hear you got it back, you're right about tools adding up quick . It takes years to gather them too . Hope your insurance covers most of it. Send huge cops to the local pawn shops that's where lots of that stuff ends up . Many of the trades that worked on my house said they have gotten tools back from pawn shops. Just brutal and a big pain in the ass. Good luck clearing it all up soon
Posted via Mobile Device

I am really happy I got the crew back. It would've been extremely hard to replace. There just aren't many around here.
I have really good coverage on the shop, my main concern is that I won't realize something is gone and settle the claim. Leaving me on the hook to replace it. The 4-door has an agreed value insurance policy.

The truck was abandoned here in the city, so it's not like they were caught in the act. Highly unlikely that they'll be caught.
Posted via Mobile Device

NEVR2LO 05-19-2013 01:51 PM

Awesome crew!!! YBNORML. I hope mine will be at least half as bad ass as yours. Keep up the good work! Also keep the pics coming. I'm working on a similar truck, mine is a 1999 G.M.C. crew cab short box 2 wd 3/4 ton, black with tan leather loaded. I bought the truck with a blown motor with the body in decent shape. So far i have put in a low K engine and is almost turn key. I have a bunch of parts collected for my 4/6 drop and will be doing the 1/2 ton conversion at the same time. I have one Question for you. When you swapped to 1/2 ton what did you do with the upper A-arms? Did you redrill stock tubular arms to accept 1/2 ton ball joint or did you use the upper arms from the donor truck? Thank you!

Rob

YBNORML 05-21-2013 12:20 AM

Thanks for the compliments. Sounds like you have a pretty nice truck of your own. You should post some pics. As far as the upper control arms go, I swapped the 3/4 ton units out for the 1/2 ton ones. Brake hoses are also a bit of an issue. I was able to bend the 3/4 ton ones to work, but if I was to do it again I would change to the 1/2 ton versions.
Posted via Mobile Device

YBNORML 08-24-2013 11:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First time towing since the modification's. tires got a little close to the box so I am gonna add a load levelling bag setup.
Posted via Mobile Device

likaroc13 08-24-2013 11:54 PM

Cool!
Posted via Mobile Device

fluffyfreak 08-26-2013 02:22 AM

Glad to see you got your truck back in one peice! All you guys building these crews has got me wanting one bad! Almost wanna flip my butban for one!

DroppedAsAChild 09-05-2013 03:22 PM

Badass Crew Cab. I wanna build one someday. Keep up the great work. Glad you got it back after the theft.

zammer 09-06-2013 10:07 PM

sweet another bagged truck :lol:

Ackattack 09-06-2013 11:49 PM

I can't figure out who would want a CCSB?

Oh...this guy. Cool build, I went up...you went down, but the same purpose....haul the family around.

I really like the tahoe rear seat. The bench seat in the back of mine will be a pain in the future when my kids get old enough that they don't need them. I'd much rather have the folding seat like you put in yours. Guess I'll put it on my to do list in a few years (youngest is 16 months :) )

YBNORML 09-07-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 6237242)
Cool!
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffyfreak (Post 6238933)
Glad to see you got your truck back in one peice! All you guys building these crews has got me wanting one bad! Almost wanna flip my butban for one!

Do it! You won't regret it:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DroppedAsAChild (Post 6255108)
Badass Crew Cab. I wanna build one someday. Keep up the great work. Glad you got it back after the theft.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by zammer (Post 6257287)
sweet another bagged truck :lol:

Thanks, only helper bags for the rear though! I'll be done working out of town the week of sept 20. We should hookup then and trade some parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ackattack (Post 6257406)
I can't figure out who would want a CCSB?

Oh...this guy. Cool build, I went up...you went down, but the same purpose....haul the family around.

I really like the tahoe rear seat. The bench seat in the back of mine will be a pain in the future when my kids get old enough that they don't need them. I'd much rather have the folding seat like you put in yours. Guess I'll put it on my to do list in a few years (youngest is 16 months :) )

Thanks! I've been following your crewcab build. Nice work. The Tahoe seat is one of my favorite parts of my build. You should do it!
Posted via Mobile Device

NEVR2LO 10-20-2013 07:42 PM

Any recent mods to the crew cab lately? iI love how it turned out and I also like the Tahoe rear seat mod. Awesome!! Got a question for you... when you did the rear end flip did you pull any leafs out of the spring pack?? if so or if not how does it ride? I want to rethink my rear drop set up a little since we bought a 29" tow behind travel trailer this past summer and would like tp pull it with the my crew cab, but i still want to stay low for sure!!

Thanks

Rob

YBNORML 10-21-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEVR2LO (Post 6324937)
Any recent mods to the crew cab lately? iI love how it turned out and I also like the Tahoe rear seat mod. Awesome!! Got a question for you... when you did the rear end flip did you pull any leafs out of the spring pack?? if so or if not how does it ride? I want to rethink my rear drop set up a little since we bought a 29" tow behind travel trailer this past summer and would like tp pull it with the my crew cab, but i still want to stay low for sure!!

Thanks

Rob

I haven't really been doing anything shop related lately. Work has been stupid busy, I barely had time to buy the 29' I posted above.

When I installed the flip kit I didn't remove any leafs. I was originally concerned that it was gonna ride reall rough, it doesn't. I couldn't be happier with the ride. I still plan on putting helper bags on the truck to assist when towing. Honestly, if I was to do it again I would just put a 4" drop in the rear. It would make towing much easier.

YBNORML 01-21-2014 08:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm beginning to think this truck is cursed! Back in October I lost a wheel. Luckily I was on traveling about 30kph. The wheel went flying but didn't hit anyone. Thankfully. Which means no one got hurt, except my pride of course.

YBNORML 01-21-2014 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It did give me the reason to buy these though.

fluffyfreak 01-21-2014 09:00 PM

Very nice

likaroc13 01-21-2014 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YBNORML (Post 6483933)
I'm beginning to think this truck is cursed! Back in October I lost a wheel. Luckily I was on traveling about 30kph. The wheel went flying but didn't hit anyone. Thankfully. Which means no one got hurt, except my pride of course.

Ouch, that sucks! Glad it wasn't any worse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YBNORML (Post 6483938)
It did give me the reason to buy these though.

Those are gonna look really nice! They say everything happens for a reason. :lol:

Rusbuilt 01-29-2014 10:44 PM

Nice new wheels! Whats the size and backspacing on those?

YBNORML 01-29-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusbuilt (Post 6498103)
Nice new wheels! Whats the size and backspacing on those?

Thanks. They are 20x8.5 with 5.25" of backspacing.

YBNORML 01-29-2014 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likaroc13 (Post 6484015)
Ouch, that sucks! Glad it wasn't any worse.

It's only steel and plastic. Anything can be fixed.

Those are gonna look really nice! They say everything happens for a reason. :lol:

:) Agreed, these wheels were always on my wish list.

vgate71 01-30-2014 02:10 PM

Wheels are gonna look great! Been wanting a CCSB for awhile myself, in that color too! Not too many around these parts either!

ksbrktracer 02-08-2014 12:18 AM

Looks like they made it ok .... Now get them on ...... I want to see them on it .