The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Site Feedback and Announcements (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Name change? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=736194)

63C20 04-23-2017 04:33 PM

Name change?

when i signed up i thought i had a 63 buit its really a 62, can you fix my name? :truck:

Liz 04-24-2017 02:06 PM

Re: Name change?

The sticky post on name changes is 2 above this one. If you have further questions please PM Josh or myself

special-K 05-03-2017 08:09 AM

I keep going back and forth about changing my name. Never was too crazy about it, but I hate that it's a reference to a super stupid drug I want no associations with.

CG 05-03-2017 08:00 PM

Never heard of the drug, only the cereal.

special-K 05-05-2017 10:08 PM

It's elephant tranquilizer. I painted Special-K on a glovebox door about ten tears ago to put on my mailbox post when I had a board get-together. Now I take it to swap meets and hang it so members I've never met can find me. I get burnouts saying to their buddy, "Hey look man, Special-K...uhh huhh huhh huhh". "Yeah... huhh huhh" (think Bevis & Butthead in slow motion). I think it was Liz quite a few years ago who enlightened my after a member made a reference to the drug being called that. And I'm not trying to associated Liz with the drug, either. I figure she knew because, as you well know, she knows everything! :cool:

68panelman 05-06-2017 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 7932442)
I keep going back and forth about changing my name. Never was too crazy about it, but I hate that it's a reference to a super stupid drug I want no associations with.

All the while I'm thinking it was after the breakfast cereal.

68panelman 05-06-2017 09:23 AM

I too would change my screen name as I don't own that 68 panel anymore. Should of put more thought and used something with a wide spectrum related to GM

Liz 05-07-2017 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 7935331)
It's elephant tranquilizer. I painted Special-K on a glovebox door about ten tears ago to put on my mailbox post when I had a board get-together. Now I take it to swap meets and hang it so members I've never met can find me. I get burnouts saying to their buddy, "Hey look man, Special-K...uhh huhh huhh huhh". "Yeah... huhh huhh" (think Bevis & Butthead in slow motion). I think it was Liz quite a few years ago who enlightened my after a member made a reference to the drug being called that. And I'm not trying to associated Liz with the drug, either. I figure she knew because, as you well know, she knows everything! :cool:

I must be getting senile.. no recollection of that

too much stuff 05-07-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 7932442)

I just assumed it was because you were "special", (interpret how you wish) and you liked 4x4 trucks...

special-K 05-11-2017 07:45 AM

^^^ That is how Liz interprets it. Liz, that was in a thread probably 10 years ago. Just a quick insignificant blip that had no reason to register. You probably read it in the newspaper. The burnouts who comment on the sign and now hearing about it in the news lately, by the drug name not Special-K, as becoming a problem. I guess it was mostly used in certain areas and now is more widespread. Kind of like Donks. Just a couple weeks ago I saw my first one, an LTD I had to do a double take on. Coming at me sitting up like a lifted 4wd. I was scared!! :lol:

a1vintage69 05-17-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 7939923)
^^^ That is how Liz interprets it. Liz, that was in a thread probably 10 years ago. Just a quick insignificant blip that had no reason to register. You probably read it in the newspaper. The burnouts who comment on the sign and now hearing about it in the news lately, by the drug name not Special-K, as becoming a problem. I guess it was mostly used in certain areas and now is more widespread. Kind of like Donks. Just a couple weeks ago I saw my first one, an LTD I had to do a double take on. Coming at me sitting up like a lifted 4wd. I was scared!! :lol:

Special-K I love your handle, It's right. Short story from Cali forn ia !Mom always told me never smoke a cigarette because it might have marijuana:ito::ito::ito::ito: in it, She made me watch the movie Refer Madness in 1969. Well I didn't listen so well back then. I smoked one that was rolled at both ends but the jerk didn't tell me it had pcp in it. Then BAM, I was super man for 3 minuets jumping on tables and flying across the room and then I laid down and said I am DYING. Laid there :ito::ito::ito::ito: out for 1/2 hour. never again. Common or street names: Angel Dust, PeaCe Pill, Special K, Hog, Lovely, Wack, Ozone, Dust, Embalming Fluid, Rocket Fuel; Supergrass and Killer Joints are names that refer to PCP combined with marijuana.Special K, K. Both Ketamine and PCP cause hallucinogenic reactions that resemble those caused by LSD. JUST SAYING, a1

special-K 05-23-2017 08:02 AM

The people that I knew smoked PCP started out as not such smart people. The smart ones were happy with pot. I also accidentally smoked that crud in a joint being passed around. No thanks! Thankfully it was only a couple hits. It seemed more than a few flakeheads ended up found walking down the road naked or obsessed with this "us vs them" theme, saying "they this" and "they that", and me asking them "Who are they?". That always threw them off :lol: I can still see the puzzled look :lol: :lol: This us vs them thing carried over into their lives when they weren't high (or more like not low).

Oh, and about the movie Reefer Madness. I have come to find, over the years, that Reefer Madness was actually a very accurate, scientifically sound, well researched, unbiased documentary depicting the actual threat that marijuana could have been to society had it not been for people taking heed and staying away from that evil thing. Thank you so much Reefer Madness for saving me and the rest of the nation from won ton uninhibited fits of happiness and pleasure!!