The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Interior side panel schematics (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=759772)

Perpendicular 03-20-2018 09:46 AM

Interior side panel schematics

Does anyone have a CAD drawing of the interior side panels for an upholster to make up new ones? I have panels i am removing and I may just use those to create my own but thought why invent the wheel if it is already there.

If not, I am going to create some and put them up for others to use.

LockDoc 03-20-2018 11:51 AM

Re: Interior side panel schematics

-
I have some originals too. Never really thought about making up a sketch. I couldn't do the CAD anyway, but it still might be nice to have a pattern.

LockDoc

Hart_Rod 03-21-2018 07:18 AM

5 Attachment(s)
This would be kewl. I didn't have anything to go by and had to make my own of scratch....

BGarza13x 03-24-2018 01:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Any rough drawings and measurements? I'm going to be making my own too, I think from diamond plate. I saw this somewhere in the forum and really liked it. I was thinking of adding bedliner, though. The doors are easy enough, the back panels are morenintimidating, perhaps just the arch of the wheelwell.

Perpendicular 03-25-2018 07:17 AM

I have made a pattern, but not transferred it to a CAD program yet. It is on my list :)

Travisarmenta 06-28-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perpendicular (Post 8221012)
I have made a pattern, but not transferred it to a CAD program yet. It is on my list :)

Update?

Perpendicular 06-29-2018 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travisarmenta (Post 8290637)
Update?

I need to get back on it. I got sidetracked though when I started really looking hard at my 67 and decided to blow it all apart and paint it from the inside out. That was NOT part of the plan :)

I did send copies of the pattern to an upholstery shop that is making new panels for me. I am sure they can duplicate from there too. Once I get them back I will post pictures on how close they come.

Travisarmenta 06-29-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perpendicular (Post 8291062)
I need to get back on it. I got sidetracked though when I started really looking hard at my 67 and decided to blow it all apart and paint it from the inside out. That was NOT part of the plan :)

I did send copies of the pattern to an upholstery shop that is making new panels for me. I am sure they can duplicate from there too. Once I get them back I will post pictures on how close they come.

Nice. looking forward to seeing them.