The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   ATTENTION: In regards to James Blanton aka "tex parts 67-72" and Partner. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=298002)

Josh 01-04-2004 03:13 AM

ATTENTION: In regards to James Blanton aka "tex parts 67-72" and Partner.

I have banned James Blanton aka "tex parts 67-72" after many unsavory dealings, and violations of board rules. He was selling as a dealer without paying proper advertising fees etc. He is claiming to switch ISPs and come back, and also get other board members to post parts for him. Take this warning, ANY member caught selling parts for him, will be banned permanently, immediately. If any of you see him, registered, or posting selling parts on this board, please let me know ASAP.

68 Suburban 01-04-2004 03:36 AM

Everything I have heard about this guy is bad news.

teeitup 01-04-2004 07:37 AM

Thanks Josh!!!!!!!!:D We do not need misrepresentation on this board, Your doing great! Randy:D

JimKshortstep4x4 01-04-2004 09:01 AM

My thanks too, Josh. This is the best board on the net and we are glad to see you keep it that way!

Jim

hughnews1 01-04-2004 05:33 PM

just like Primer67 took my $200 .. never heard from him again ..

LT 72 Jimmy 01-04-2004 07:59 PM

rip off

That dude ripped me off on Ebay. I was foolish enough to send feedback before closely looking at the parts. I only lost $30 though. Lesson learned.

LT

BAD4X4 01-04-2004 11:49 PM

Thanx Josh, this guy ripped me off on e-bay too. This guy is a class act, snake in the grass. You are doing a great job Josh. Thanx again Dana

sakohntr 01-05-2004 07:31 PM

sums

This is one of his responses to negative feedback on ebay -
Response by truckparts67_72 - CUSTOMER RECIEVED WHEEL WELL IN LESS THAN 1 MONTH .THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT
That about sums it up!

junkyardjohn 01-05-2004 09:57 PM

:bowtie:

THANKS JOSH ..... ONE LESS RIPOFF ARTIST WE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT.:D :D :D JOHN

Bowtiefreak 01-05-2004 11:19 PM

I have been keeping my mouth shut for months now on this issue but due to the recent sticky note, I want to share something. Do a search on sliciknsmooth72 and smooth72 and YOU WILL SEE that this person seems to be using the same phone number. I called smooth72 awhile back about some doors that he was selling and he said his name was James,but I never bought them because he would never send me pics. Then a couple months went by and I was going to buy a cab from slicknsmooth72 and quess what NO pics again, then I realized the voice sounded the same as smooth72 and so I asked what his name was, quess what, this guys name was James again. So I then did a search on the two names and found out that the phone numbers were the same. After getting a little pissed I confronted him about being smooth72 and slicknsmooth72 and asing if his name was James B. he hung up the phone. OH btw, he said he was never a board member before when I was talking to him as slicknsmooth72. You be the judge.

Just sharing some info.
Ron

Burnsman 01-06-2004 01:56 PM

tex parts

This guy is a real character. Been there, done that. He gives these trucks a bad name. Luckily, after threatening him (I know, not real good, but he had me pissed), I managed to get most of the damage re-imbursed. Stay far, far away..............

ChevyDude 01-06-2004 02:11 PM

I'm a little ignorant on this one.....but is this the guy that sells all the chrome stuff on ebay where your money is sent to some place like.....Lone Oak, TX ???

Randy70C-10 01-06-2004 02:12 PM

Bowtiefreak- Slicknsmooth also posted a link to one of his ebay auctions last week, same guy.

SEVEND2 01-06-2004 03:47 PM

Josh,
Thanks for the update info

68 Suburban 01-06-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ChevyDude
I'm a little ignorant on this one.....but is this the guy that sells all the chrome stuff on ebay where your money is sent to some place like.....Lone Oak, TX ???
Yes.

dinnut 01-06-2004 06:58 PM

when i was at his place i was in his office. i saw all his chrome and he said he had tons of parts waiting to goto the chrome shop. hell he could probably build a chrome truck. all the chrome looked bad.

teeitup 01-06-2004 07:14 PM

Dinnut, was that in Lone Oak?

PT'S 70 CST 01-07-2004 09:10 AM

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP ON THIS GUY , BUT I COUGHT ONTO HIM A LONG TIME AGO. I SELL ALOT OF PARTS ON EBAY AND I WANT YALL TO KNOW MY EBAY HANDLE IS (DAWGFAN227) NOT THAT I AM TRYING TO HIDE ANYTHING AT ALL FROM YALL, BUT I JUST JOINED THE BOARD ABOUT THREE MONTHS AGO AND WANTED MY NAME TO REPRESENT MY TRUCK. I TRY TO BE VERY HONEST ABOUT EVERYTHING I SELL AND IF SOME ONE IS NOT HAPPY I GLADLY WILL GIVE A REFUND. I HAVE BEEN LUCKY SO FAR OR JUST HONEST BECAUSE I HAVE 270 TRANSACTIONS AND 100% POS. FEED BACK. BUT GETTING BACK TO TRUCK PARTS I HAVE PONDERED BUYING FROM HIM ABOUT A YEAR AGO AND LOOKED AT HIS FEEDBACK AND IT IS VERY SAID TO SAY THE LEAST AND FROM TIME TO TIME I WILL LOOK AT SOME OF HIS STUFF JUST TO SEE WHO HE IS SHAFTING.
PT'S 70 CST AKA EBAY DAWGFAN227
I AM GLAD THAT I HAVE FOUND THIS SITE IT HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL TO ME
AND IF I CAN HELP ANYONE OF YOU MEMBERS IN ANY WAY DON'T HESITAE TO ASK ME. AND THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF YALLS VALUBLE INFO

PAUL TIMMERMAN

spencra 01-07-2004 11:44 AM

I was reading another link to this page and somebody stated that "they were afraid to buy anything coming from Texas for fear that it could be this guy". After reading all the nightmare statements about this guy, and I have seen him on e-bay and steared clear because of his negative feedback, I also am weary of purchasing from a Texas vendor. I definately pay attention as to what area the person is selling parts out of.
Anybody can change their handle name if they get a bad enough reputation. So bang up job there Slicknsmooth or whatever your name is at this moment for ruining it for all those honest sellers from Texas.
Some people just have no shame about ripping people off. From what I've read this guy also has the brass ones to get irate with customers that call him to question him about the crap that they have received.
Lying to customers about the product you are selling and taking their money is the same as stealing. So get a conscience and change your ways but it's probably too late for that as it appears your reputation, if you ever had one, is badly tarnished.

Shane 01-07-2004 05:19 PM

only two words for this kind of person: SLIME BALL!

Pilgrim 01-07-2004 05:39 PM

Glad to see the board working as it should. Thanks, Josh.

714x4lover 01-07-2004 09:57 PM

thanks

Isure enjoy looking at all the stuff you boys are putting on the site,ive been looking for some time .i havnt had any dealing with this guy ,but have had good ones with every one else, THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP 714X4LOVER:bowtie: :burnout:

dinnut 01-08-2004 06:32 PM

yeah what about us honest texas guys? :D people just ignore this guy and a certain chrome shop in lone oak lol

Billy G 01-09-2004 08:46 PM

Hopefully.....this puke DOESNT represent Texas!!! 99.9%
of us are OK.....

teeitup 01-09-2004 09:22 PM

Everyone else I've dealt with in Texas has been great except him.!