The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Pdf parts list / manual? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=776807)

sinannasirli 12-07-2018 10:11 AM

Pdf parts list / manual?

Dear All,

I have made some research on the net, but could not find anywhere other than www.gmpartswiki.com (which is a very difficult place to find what you are looking for as you need to click 200 times to find a page you need).

Do you have a place where we can download a parts list manual for the 1969 suburban (or 67-72 ?). There are a lot of changes made, and also different versions over the years. I don't know how good Chevrolet was with parts manuals, but with my other cars and bikes, normally there are part list manuals that shows exploded diagrams of the parts together with part numbers and definition..

This is important for me when trying to convert most parts to stock..
Even-though there are lots of these vehicles made, I really struggle finding some "stock" reference... Even including trucks..

Where do you look at to find what is correct??

Regards

Sinan

sinannasirli 12-07-2018 10:26 AM

Re: Pdf parts list / manual?

I have found out that they are called "Assembly Manual". . So appreciate any link to a pdf file ? Thank you..

hatzie 12-07-2018 11:22 AM

AFAIK there are no scans of the 67-72 or 73-87 assembly manuals.
You can find hardcopies on eBay.

The 67-72 assembly manual is a combination of assembly line instruction sheets from 1967-1972 that escaped being thrown in the trash at the assembly plants. It's not complete for any one year but there's still a lot of information.

One basically full set of 1982 build sheets escaped destruction and is photocpied and sold on eBay as well.

LockDoc 12-07-2018 11:36 AM

-
You can download almost any manual in PDF format that you need here, for free...... Not sure about the Assembly Manual. I bought one on CD and it is searchable.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=558016

LockDoc

sinannasirli 12-07-2018 11:44 AM

Dear LockDoc,
Thank you , i had located that link and downloaded the service and overhaul manuals that i needed agains with special thanks to hatzie ( by saying that a couple of hours ago i could not.. there might be a problem with the web site the files are stored)

But there was no link to the assembly manuals mwntioned above.

I have seen some cd and hardcopies, but considering i live in Turkey, dont want to pay more to the shipping compare to the book itself..

Eventually i will buy hardcopies to keep, but now my main priority now is a quicker and cheaper option! (Which is most of the time not easiest :))

I am not interested with part numbers, what i am after is a reference point on how things should look like, to help me before starting a diagnosis/repair or ordering parts..

Thank you
Sinan

LockDoc 12-07-2018 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinannasirli (Post 8400662)
Dear LockDoc,
Thank you , i had located that link and downloaded the service and overhaul manuals that i needed agains with special thanks to hatzie ( by saying that a couple of hours ago i could not.. there might be a problem with the web site the files are stored)

I have seen some cd and hardcopies, but considering i live in Turkey, dont want to pay more to the shipping compare to the book itself..

Eventually i will buy hardcopies to keep, but now my main priority now is a quicker and cheaper option! (Which is most of the time not easiest :))

I am not interested with part numbers, what i am after is a reference point on how things should look like, to help me before starting a diagnosis/repair or ordering parts..

Thank you
Sinan

Buy the CD. There is a search function that you can use to find information that you are looking for and it is a lot cheaper to ship. You may even be able to download it from one of the vendors....

LockDoc

hatzie 12-07-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinannasirli (Post 8400662)
Dear LockDoc,

Thank you
Sinan

The file URLs changed for some reason. Mediafire is apparently changing things. It should be fixed now. If there's a problem it sould be good to drop a note in that thread or a PM to me. I don't often frequent the 67-72 area. I have a Square, T400, & T800.

Bigdav160 12-07-2018 03:27 PM

It seems like I might have a parts manual (pdf) on my home computer. I'll have to look.

It can be intimidating if you don't know how to read it.

sinannasirli 12-07-2018 04:30 PM

Sinan at nasirlilar dot com.. apreciated!!!

I already downloaded the index list that was prepared by the members here!

Looking forward to it!

Regards

Sinan