The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Project "It's a Jimmy Thing" (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=583528)

IronCanine 06-22-2015 09:59 PM

Re: Project "It's a Jimmy Thing"

Congrats. Looks great! Only thing better than looking at em is driving em.

JJH Jimmy 06-24-2015 08:44 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 7217668)
Great work, truck turned out amazing, glad you re enjoying it. If you get a chance I would like to see it with the soft top on

Thanks Jim! Glad you are back at it. Is this what you are looking for?

JJH Jimmy 06-24-2015 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowrodderchev (Post 7217906)
They look great whole trucks awesome

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronCanine (Post 7218329)
Congrats. Looks great! Only thing better than looking at em is driving em.

Thanks! Yours is turned out amazing! Now it is time to enjoy them.

lowrodderchev 06-24-2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJH Jimmy (Post 6582543)
Finished product!

What did you do to get the bezel so clean from what it was

JJH Jimmy 06-24-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowrodderchev (Post 7220007)
What did you do to get the bezel so clean from what it was

Just a cotton buffing wheel on my die grinder and some polishing compound.

lowrodderchev 06-24-2015 12:12 PM

I got try that mines about the same condition thanx

jaros44sr 06-25-2015 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJH Jimmy (Post 7219824)
Thanks Jim! Glad you are back at it. Is this what you are looking for?

yes, exactly! thank you for taking the time, looks amazing....

tjsblazer 06-25-2015 03:16 PM

Curious. Is that seat heater switch on the side of the seat base? Maybe not but If so, what did you use for heater inserts?

JJH Jimmy 06-26-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsblazer (Post 7221349)
Curious. Is that seat heater switch on the side of the seat base? Maybe not but If so, what did you use for heater inserts?

Yes it is. I just used a cheap Doorman universal heaters. They actually work pretty good and are easy to hook up with the American Autowire Harness and the accessory plug.

Amazon.com: Dorman 628-040 Universal Seat Heater... Amazon.com: Dorman 628-040 Universal Seat Heater...

youngrodder 07-20-2015 10:33 PM

I saw your blazer last week going into SW Soule on Sprinkle Rd. I was in my daily driver. It looked very nice...It is just a few miles South of where I work

Marc

JJH Jimmy 07-21-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngrodder (Post 7248508)
I saw your blazer last week going into SW Soule on Sprinkle Rd. I was in my daily driver. It looked very nice...It is just a few miles South of where I work

Marc

Thanks! I have been driving it as much as i can. I took it to the Vicksburg car show and i was hoping i would run into you but i didn't see you. I'm sure we will meet up sometime.

youngrodder 07-21-2015 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJH Jimmy (Post 7249123)
Thanks! I have been driving it as much as i can. I took it to the Vicksburg car show and i was hoping i would run into you but i didn't see you. I'm sure we will meet up sometime.

Yeah I have missed more car shows than I have attended this summer. I missed the VB show for the first time in some 10 years. I was out of town.

Marc

SONOSADSACK 07-30-2015 08:38 PM

Those are some really nice pictures of your Jimmy sitting in the lawn! I wonder what it would look like in an off-road setting. Maybe some sort of sandy type of location? Others are probably wondering the same. ;)

JJH Jimmy 07-31-2015 10:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SONOSADSACK (Post 7258933)
Those are some really nice pictures of your Jimmy sitting in the lawn! I wonder what it would look like in an off-road setting. Maybe some sort of sandy type of location? Others are probably wondering the same. ;)

HaHa! Yea! It was nice meeting you up at the dunes. You have a bad ass blazer and are not afraid to drive it! It is funny what peer pressure will do.

JJH Jimmy 07-31-2015 11:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I saw quite a few first gen Blazers and Jimmys. This is sitting on top of test hill. The red one has a diesel in it. I didn't see under the hood but it sounded like a Cummins.

The next picture is all of the long travel trucks and buggies lining up for a parade lap. They had a jump contest later in the day but unfortunately my friend with a tube chassis twin turbo ls powered long travel truck broke his transmission before he could take me for a ride and launch some dunes.

1972 Jimmy 08-01-2015 01:12 AM

Great pics!! I have been wanting to go up there during the long travel truck weekend but it never seems to work out. I'm taking the family up next Thursday thru Saturday. Always a great time even though I can only take my 2011 Silverado! Hopefully I can get my Jimmy back together for next summer. If I can only get the body painted and get it back on the frame. :)
We need to pick a weekend next August to get a group of first gen K5's to meet up and hang out together. Just a thought...
Again great truck! Good to see your enjoying that beautiful rig!

CTENTA1 08-06-2015 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJH Jimmy (Post 7259393)
I saw quite a few first gen Blazers and Jimmys. This is sitting on top of test hill. The red one has a diesel in it. I didn't see under the hood but it sounded like a Cummins.

The next picture is all of the long travel trucks and buggies lining up for a parade lap. They had a jump contest later in the day but unfortunately my friend with a tube chassis twin turbo ls powered long travel truck broke his transmission before he could take me for a ride and launch some dunes.

Nice pictures. I always enjoy looking at trucks in the dunes. I live 20 Min away from Pismo Dunes here in Ca.

JJH Jimmy 05-23-2016 10:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally had time to pull the cover off of the Jimmy and take it for a spin around the block. When i pulled it back in the driveway a snapped a couple of pictures. Looking forward to some nice summer cruises. Anyone headed to the Lane Auto car show next weekend?

Chulisohombre 05-23-2016 07:35 PM

Looking good. Enjoy the sunshine.

youngrodder 06-13-2016 10:31 PM

I saw your Blazer at the Vicksburg car show on Sat. Your Blazer looks even better in person. I stopped by a few times to introduce myself but I never saw anyone by the Blazer. I left around 12:30. My sons were in a soccer tournament and it was hot so I was ok leaving then.

Marc

JJH Jimmy 06-15-2016 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by youngrodder (Post 7624265)
I saw your Blazer at the Vicksburg car show on Sat. Your Blazer looks even better in person. I stopped by a few times to introduce myself but I never saw anyone by the Blazer. I left around 12:30. My sons were in a soccer tournament and it was hot so I was ok leaving then.

Marc

Ha Ha! We were probably down checking out your "slick" ride when you were checking mine out! It was hot we stayed until about 2:00. We will catch up sometime. Thanks for the compliments!

youngrodder 06-17-2016 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJH Jimmy (Post 7625610)
Ha Ha! We were probably down checking out your "slick" ride when you were checking mine out! It was hot we stayed until about 2:00. We will catch up sometime. Thanks for the compliments!

Funny...Yes it was hot. You lasted longer than I did.

Marc

JJH Jimmy 10-24-2016 01:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well the end of another summer. I put about 4,000 miles on the Jimmy this summer with only one problem. The cheap Chinese fuel pump connector on top of the pump hanger failed, melted and shorted. Easy fix, had to pull the tank and i eliminate the connector all together and I hard wired it so this would not happen again.

I snapped a couple of pictures before i put it in the barn for hibernation for the winter. Can't wait until spring!

Chulisohombre 10-24-2016 10:36 PM

I don't drive mine nearly enough. I usually only put a few hundred miles a year on mine. Someday maybe. Lol

shenk10 04-23-2017 07:03 PM

Interested to know which kick panel speaker panel you went with and did it get in the way of the vents, high beam switch or emergency brake pedal? Thanks