The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=729469)

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 02-05-2017 09:35 PM

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 7849652)
Tony, it was about 5 or 6 yrs ago or so, and I think the price was around $7-8K (ish). It was a real super, GM replacement 350, and aftermarket a/c. Body had some dings and there was a dent in the bed - overall good price I thought for as nice as it was.

Looks clean. What's RPO stand for Jocko?

jocko 02-05-2017 09:43 PM

Re: Post a real Cheyenne Super only (aka the defiinitive Cheyenne Super thread)!

I've always heard it referred to as Regular Production Option - it's associated with the 3 digit codes on the SPID, as in "RPO codes"

jocko 02-05-2017 09:56 PM

5 Attachment(s)
a couple more - don't have the SPID on the ochre K20, but I remember when it sold a year or two ago, it had pessimistic me convinced! Don't remember if there was a SPID in the ad - I thought there was but I usually save those things if they are included.

tommys72 02-05-2017 11:37 PM

The medium red one is gorgeous jocko...good grief

jocko 02-05-2017 11:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I agree Tommy, that's kinda the cream of the crop there. I'm hoping sameyrasmea will post his - it's probably my favorite swb truck on the planet.

The truck below is somewhat the ochre twin to the red one above - ochre being one of my favorite colors - it's one I was quite serious about, actually drove to Vegas to look at it and meet the owner. Aside from aftermarket air cleaner, valve covers, crazy exhaust tips and baby moons, it was 100% #'s matching and original. I'm embarrassed to say what the asking price was because I'm still kickin myself for not buying it - Super swb big blocks don't pop up for sale every day. Ended up passing along the info to a member who bought it and has since re-sold it I believe. Anyway, here's what it looked like when I went to see it:

tommys72 02-06-2017 12:08 AM

Yep...shoulda bought that one. I remember that truck on this board a while back

joeydurango 02-06-2017 12:10 AM

Fun thread. Digging all of these!

71 super 02-06-2017 12:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Light red 71 super

71 super 02-06-2017 12:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Medium olive 72 4x4

71 super 02-06-2017 12:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Black and white 71 big block- only pic I have on the iPad. You can also see the 68 anniversary CST in the foreground as well as 4x4.

allchevy58 02-06-2017 12:54 AM

Nice looking trucks.

Chevyland 02-06-2017 01:01 AM

They sure are!
Are they all the genuine article?
With spids intact

71CHEVYSHORTBED402 02-06-2017 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jocko (Post 7849687)
I've always heard it referred to as Regular Production Option - it's associated with the 3 digit codes on the SPID, as in "RPO codes"

Thanks Jocko

72supr 02-06-2017 06:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a plain one compared to the others on here.Somebody at one time added cruise,radio and another fuel tank.It must not of came with power steering but has it now.

72supr 02-06-2017 06:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the spid.

CG 02-06-2017 08:02 PM

Are all the wood grains the same pattern, or do they change? Can you get good repros of these for the door panels, cluster, and glove box for 72's?

So many nice trucks in this thread!

Ol Blue K20 02-06-2017 08:30 PM

Nice idea for the thread Jocko. I'm loving it

71 super 02-06-2017 09:55 PM

Yes all three are genuine supers, spids intact. The 4x4 has shoulder belts and buckets added by me because I had them and wanted to. The red and white is pretty plain, factory tach, tilt and ac with steering brakes. The black and white is loaded. I added factory overflow bottle and tissue holder as well as dealer 8 track

jocko 02-06-2017 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by too much stuff (Post 7848755)
jocko, nice looking trucks! If it would help, I can post pics of quite a few spid pics. If you want to keep this for trucks that still exist, that is fine.

Thanks for asking - I'd like to see the SPID associated with the truck if you have both, but I'll let others chime in. I'm a SPID-saver too, ha, one never knows when one might need to glean a tidbit... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 (Post 7848850)
Here's the beater ... Don't know how common, but it's got a piece of trim that runs down the center of the hood. Probably common for Super.

Somehow I missed the pics you posted. LOVE that truck. I think it would look incredible with the original dark over medium two tone and steelies! The hood spear is aftermarket, not a GM thing. Thanks for posting pics. I remember when this was up for sale, it's a nice loaded truck.

jocko 02-06-2017 10:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tristan (Post 7848872)
Jocko, luv the thread. One minor clarification request - didn't the Super option come out late in the 1971 model year? Thought I read that somewhere. That would make it a 1.5 or 1.25 year option rather than 2 years. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe you are correct Tristan. I guess I just meant you could get one in 71 or 72 - but good point, the 71 should be a little more rare as a post-rollout release. I KNEW I shoulda held onto ol greenie!

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeydurango (Post 7849198)
Here's mine. Most of you have seen it before, but then I never get tired of looking at Jocko, DeadheadNM, or ChevyLand's trucks either, so...

A few things not original on this truck, according to the SPID - someone added tach and tilt later, and I've changed from the PO's rally wheels to white steelies with dog dish caps, ignoring the original P01 full wheel covers. One repaint, I think, but in original colors. I've converted to HEI, and will be changing a few other small things. But largely this truck looks and feels "original" - as in, not a true survivor, but most mods done in keeping with the original spirit of the factory build. No LS swaps or lift kits (unlike my last truck).

That's an awesome truck, love everything about it!

[quote=71CHEVYSHORTBED402;7849374]The steering wheel is a replacement? In other terms, was black an option with blue interior?

Black wheel and column is correct on a tilt truck like yours. Non-tilt would have had both blue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 (Post 7849589)
My preference is black as opposed wood grain. Olive being the exception, especially dark. The interior on that 71 is first rate.

Thanks Tony - that 71 was gonna be a keeper, but then I stumbled onto the Highlander I have and had to make room - used to move around a lot and it got pricey to ship a fleet... So I had to kinda flip my planned frame-off quickly before it ever got that far. Before and after pics below - it was a real fun quick project. I liked the "hidden Super" effect of a 71 Super that is also a Custom Camper. Are you referring to the lower belt molding (black vs woodgrain) or are you referring to a black truck's glovebox door? Wasn't sure what you were referring to in with black vs woodgrain.

jocko 02-06-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71 super (Post 7849822)
Black and white 71 big block- only pic I have on the iPad. You can also see the 68 anniversary CST in the foreground as well as 4x4.

I've been waiting for these! I have always been a huge fan of your K10 and the black/white C10. I can remember you sharing pics of your bucket interior in the K when I was considering the same in my 71. The detail and perfection on your trucks is incredible. Thanks for sharing.

Chevyland 02-06-2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by too much stuff (Post 7848755)
jocko, nice looking trucks! If it would help, I can post pics of quite a few spid pics. If you want to keep this for trucks that still exist, that is fine.

My vote is to keep this a Truck/spid picture thread
It is cool to see them the way they were built from the factory
And the proof in the glovebox

Chevyland 02-07-2017 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This one still exists

Chevyland 02-07-2017 12:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
But I sold it a while back

Chevyland 02-07-2017 12:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What the hell was i thinking!?