The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Tools, Shops and Shop Safety (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Motive brake bleeders (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=746347)

Rickysnickers 09-10-2017 10:38 AM

Motive brake bleeders

Anyone have or use one of these? Just curious if you liked it and it worked for you. https://www.motiveproducts.com/colle...c-bleeder-kits

mongocanfly 09-10-2017 03:40 PM

Re: Motive brake bleeders

I've seen one used at a local shop...worked great..I have one of the elcheapo ones from O'Reillys...it works ok also..

truckdude239 09-11-2017 10:31 AM

I use a matco brand that uses shop air works great i use it for every thing i use it to suck power steering fluid and stuff

nlped 09-11-2017 10:15 PM

I have one and it's fantastic...& simple! I've had others but they were either messy or junk. This is a good piece. I've used it on all kinds of applications. I've purchased several adapters for different applications, btw.

GIZZ 09-12-2017 03:03 AM

I have one too. I only remember to use it when I'm having a problem. Great tool for the money.

racecougar 09-12-2017 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Fair warning: once you buy it, you'll end up buying the attachment for every vehicle you own. :) It works great.

nlped 09-12-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racecougar (Post 8038366)
Fair warning: once you buy it, you'll end up buying the attachment for every vehicle you own. :) It works great.

Precisely!!! My wife is so happy that she will never hear, "Pump it up... hold it...".

Rickysnickers 09-12-2017 09:05 PM

Thanks fellas.

04ls1gto 09-17-2017 09:50 AM

I've got one and it makes bleeding brakes a one man job. Only issue I had was getting plate sealed to master but a few clamps fixed that. Well worth the money

pilotXC 05-10-2018 01:35 PM

Old thread, but my buddy made one from a garden sprayer. I recently was replacing my master cylinder over at his shop and could not get the pedal to come back, he eventually said to use the power bleeder and there was still air in the rear lines, even though it came out with no air when manually bleeding them... They are life savers!

Rickysnickers 05-10-2018 10:31 PM

I bought one, but have had issues with it, which I'm sure are operator error. In the photo above, one of the guys uses clamps on the master cylinder. I tried that and still had brake fluid going all over the place. It was a huge mess. I still think there is air in the lines somewhere too, as my brake pedal goes to the floor, when driving. If I pump it a couple of times, it comes back. If any of you are wondering, no I haven't driven it much at all in this condition.

04ls1gto 05-11-2018 06:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickysnickers (Post 8258806)
I bought one, but have had issues with it, which I'm sure are operator error. In the photo above, one of the guys uses clamps on the master cylinder. I tried that and still had brake fluid going all over the place. It was a huge mess. I still think there is air in the lines somewhere too, as my brake pedal goes to the floor, when driving. If I pump it a couple of times, it comes back. If any of you are wondering, no I haven't driven it much at all in this condition.

I put a very small amount of grease on the mating surface to help seal. Then put two c clamps on it and pump up with just air at first to check for leaks. Once you fix leaks then add fluid and bleed

pilotXC 05-11-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickysnickers (Post 8258806)

The one my friend built, he attached a piece of gasket to the plate covering the MC and I used large C clamps like the previous poster did and worked fine. You don't need much pressure to push the fluid through 10 psi is plenty!

dirtyjim 08-25-2018 09:16 AM

I've got a homemade one that I use the motive attachments on. I used a 1/2 gallon sprayer that I threaded for a gauge. they are nice

61_FL_Apache 08-25-2018 06:38 PM

How much pressure do those take to operate?

Rickysnickers 08-26-2018 11:12 AM

10psi.