The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Truck Shop parts (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=756960)

atm70chevy 02-12-2018 02:01 PM

Truck Shop parts

I was curious if anyone has any experience with parts from the Truck Shop? I used the search function but only found some really old posts and nothing recent. I was looking at their catalog and their prices are quite a bit cheaper than Ecklers. I know Ecklers is probably the most expensive place but I was worried about the quality of the parts that come from the Truck Shop since they are so much cheaper. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Anthony

Graham57a 02-12-2018 02:03 PM

Re: Truck Shop parts

It depends what you are looking for. I have purchased many parts from there, they are a counterpart dealer so it's all made overseas as is most of the stuff you see from other vendors. If you have a list of things you are considering buying from there and I can tell you what is good and what to stay away from.

atm70chevy 02-12-2018 02:25 PM

I was looking at buying a front bumper with fog lights, a rear bumper, rear view mirror, door mirrors, bumper bolts and step side tail light brackets.

Thanks for the help.

Anthony

leddzepp 02-12-2018 02:32 PM

I’ve had good luck with everything from the truck shop except weatherstripping. I would source that from gmcpaul or wes at classicheartbeat.

Redneck Rydes 02-12-2018 02:36 PM

GMC Paul's or Classic Parts America,God parts and good prices.

Graham57a 02-12-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atm70chevy (Post 8186077)
I was looking at buying a front bumper with fog lights, a rear bumper, rear view mirror, door mirrors, bumper bolts and step side tail light brackets.

Thanks for the help.

Anthony

You should be fine with all of those parts. Where I have found the issues are with rubber products, gaskets, seals, etc. You may be able to check out their show circuit and save money on shipping those large items, they will usually delivery to the shows for free.

harpo231 02-12-2018 03:00 PM

Many of the parts you mention are the same from all the retailers .. These parts are manufactured overseas as it is not cost effective for U.S. companies in these "cash is king"
times we are in. If clearly better parts are available , of course that should be considered...but for the most part lowest price is best deal...

rsavage 02-12-2018 04:11 PM

I recently bought a 69-70 "Chevrolet" grille and inner from them while I was visiting my son in NC. They have a store near Charlotte in addition to their west coast store. Saved about $400 and I got to inspect the grille before purchasing - itwas unblemished. It's the second 69-70 grille I have bought from them - first one was a few years ago at Carlisle. I'm going down to the Charlotte auto Fair in April and plan on bringing a load of big or oversized shipping parts back to save on shipping, i.e. gas tank, rad shroud, etc

'68OrangeSunshine 02-12-2018 06:24 PM

The Car and Truck Shop in Orange, Calif. is OK. I've gotten stuff from them and it was good. They have some small items majors like LMC don't stock.
Got a drivers-side window regulator from GMC Paul, and it was first class, and got to me quick.

69Tom 02-12-2018 06:51 PM

GMC Pauls has really good prices compared to most places and they have really good customer service. I just placed a decent size order and I was able to get a bunch of extra stuff based on what I saved vs. Classic Industries or the more expensive places. Their website is a bit of a pain to find stuff quickly but if you're patient, you eventually find everything.

RedRider 02-12-2018 06:51 PM

No problems here with the Truck Shop. Granted, ordering through their website isn’t as streamlined as other vendors, but my order was correct and on time!

RedRider 02-12-2018 06:58 PM

No problems here with the Truck Shop. Granted, ordering through their website isn’t as streamlined as other vendors, but my order was correct and on time!

406flyfish 02-13-2018 12:06 AM

I agree with the others, I wasn’t impressed with the weatherstripping, I’ve had to replace mine again after a couple years. Also the fuel neck gasket cracked in a few months and all four side markers faded really fast. Other than that great stuff. I’ve only bought in person, but the staff has always been great and super knowledgeable. Also at the shows they have limited product on hand but I’ve been told you can call and have them bring stuff for you.