The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Where is a blazer build sheet found? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=553605)

hgs_notes 11-26-2012 09:27 AM

Where is a blazer build sheet found?

Just curious. I know where the truck ones are found, but never found a blazer one. Where do they hide them?

YBNORML 11-27-2012 05:55 PM

Re: Where is a blazer build sheet found?

Good question.

briank 11-27-2012 06:13 PM

Possibly under drivers seat since that was the only standard seat. Or maybe in the dash? Ill post it as soon/ if I find one in my 69, the other blazers I have have been messed with.
Posted via Mobile Device

Graham57a 09-26-2017 03:50 PM

Reviving an old thread here... I was curious about the same thing and did some searching with no answer. I have a fairly untouched 72 jimmy and have searched high and low for a build sheet with no luck. It's a Freemont truck which leads me to believe it likely left the plant with a build sheet (if they treated the jimmys/blazers like the trucks.) My jimmy is covered with grease markings as well which leads me to believe that Freemont was consistent with their markings and patterns of leaving build sheets.

Anyone found a blazer build sheet yet? If so, where was it located?

saskred 09-26-2017 08:17 PM

You would think it would be somewhere in one of the front seats or even in the rear seat. Possibly in the dash. It seems surprising that no one has found one on a blazer or jimmy yet.

Tuff Gong 09-26-2017 10:27 PM

No build sheets for blazers. Not sure why though.

DeadheadNM 09-26-2017 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham57a (Post 8048525)
Reviving an old thread here... I was curious about the same thing and did some searching with no answer. I have a fairly untouched 72 jimmy and have searched high and low for a build sheet with no luck. It's a Freemont truck which leads me to believe it likely left the plant with a build sheet (if they treated the jimmys/blazers like the trucks.) My jimmy is covered with grease markings as well which leads me to believe that Freemont was consistent with their markings and patterns of leaving build sheets.

Anyone found a blazer build sheet yet? If so, where was it located?

Fremont never built k5s. The "F" in the vin denotes the Flint plant ( St Louis is the other plant where k5s were assembled). It does seem the case though that Fremont built pickups are the ones that have build sheets when they turn up. Lore has it that the build sheets were supposed to be tossed. I've not yet seen a k5 turn up with a build sheet.

Graham57a 09-27-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 8048797)
Fremont never built k5s. The "F" in the vin denotes the Flint plant ( St Louis is the other plant where k5s were assembled). It does seem the case though that Fremont built pickups are the ones that have build sheets when they turn up. Lore has it that the build sheets were supposed to be tossed. I've not yet seen a k5 turn up with a build sheet.

Hmm that's good to know. My Jimmy was sold new in California so I assumed the F on the SPID was Freemont. Guess the answer to the question is NO build sheets in Blazers or Jimmys... Bummer

Keith Seymore 09-27-2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadheadNM (Post 8048797)
Lore has it that the build sheets were supposed to be tossed. I've not yet seen a k5 turn up with a build sheet.

This is correct.

They were supposed to get tossed while cleaning up all the other debris left in the vehicle (other papers, extra screws, etc). Sometimes the vehicle was built up around the sheet such that it could not be removed, like inside a door panel, a seat cushion or on the floor with a screw shot through it or glue accidentally holding it down.

In most cases, if you find a build sheet - someone was being lazy.

K

A1971Blazer 09-27-2017 11:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
the only thing I ever found was this tag under the rear seat cover and foam.....attached to the seat frame....

Attachment 1693965

Attachment 1693966