The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Portland, Oregon area c-10 lowriders (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=310968)

Lwrclass 10-17-2008 10:33 PM

Portland, Oregon area c-10 lowriders

Trying to stay motivated on my C-10, had it for sale during the rod run just for kicks. I saw a couple guys with similiar styled trucks heading home through astoria ( i live nearby ) that weekend figured i would see if their on here or anybody semi local for some motivation or to check out rides.

65 C-10 400 th350 ford 9 air mini tubs shaved sheetmetal bed fuel cell welded gate

Corts60 10-17-2008 10:44 PM

Re: Portland, Oregon area c-10 lowriders

I'm here man. I live out in Knappa and I was also at the Rod Run. I wasn't real impressed with the show. I normally try to go to pre '64 shows. It seems the show Seaside had the same weekend was way better. My '60 is down right now getting the generator rebuilt though. Where abouts are you living?

And WELCOME!!!

Lwrclass 10-18-2008 12:45 AM

Sweet, i live in knappa as well.......did'nt make it to either of the shows this year was trying to not fill my head with more projects or build ideas ya know. Did see alot of 60-66 pu cruising home, allot more than i've ever seen. We'll have to connect and check out rigs.

LuckyHenriksen 10-18-2008 01:49 AM

I live in P-Town! But wasnt at either show....

We will have to have a Portland-area gathering

chevytrucknut 10-18-2008 03:12 AM

Hey guys, I have a group of friends with 60-66 chevys and we have a weekly and sometimes 3-4 nights aweek get togethers, we were all at the Rod Run. The show was fun but the best part of the Rod Run is the 3 days of cruising. I had a blast.In fact my avatar pic is from cruising at Rod Run. I met Cort there at the show but he left before the rest of my club could see his truck. Next time you go to the Rod Run, go cruizin down the main drag of Long Beach... 20 miles of burn outs and a really fun time.
As for a local get together...I'm all for it. You are welcome to come over here and wrench with us. Heres a link to my friends site ...please check it out.
http://www.sickindustries.net/gallery.html

Corts60 10-18-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

had it for sale
Oh, you had that silver Chevy by Camp Nine right? PM me with your number and we'll meet up sometime. Monday I leave for two weeks to go to Victoria though! WOOHOO!

Quote:

I met Cort there at the show but he left before the rest of my club could see his truck
Yeah sorry about that, kinda had a family emergency come up...would have liked to have met everyone else.

LuckyHenriksen 10-18-2008 11:57 AM

I dont have a 60-66 (yet), I have a 68. But It would still be great to meet and hang out with some fellow truck enthusiasts.

Lwrclass 10-18-2008 12:10 PM

:metal:A local get together would be awesome! Sooner the better. Still trying to convience myself not to sell mine, have had allot of people interested but i keep dragging my feet. That orange bodydropped c-10 was what got my brain back in the garage. Would love to check out SICK INDUSTRIES rides.....I want in!

chevytrucknut 10-18-2008 07:48 PM

Hey you have a nice truck and with alot of great work done to it. We all stopped and checked it out on the way back to Vancouver. Acutally I'm surprised that you haven't sold it yet. As for "Getting in"...all you need is a sickness for 60-66 chevy's.I'll let you all know when we have something planned. Take care, Jack

Frizzle Fry 10-19-2008 11:49 AM

I've seen the Sick Industries rides at PIR. I'm in the area and was thinking about having a meet. There's a perfect spot right next to my house. But I'm thinkin we missed the weather window. But I'm up for a little get-together. You guys should also checkout the Northwest section. We've had a few meets organized there.

Here's what I'm messin with (haven't touched the 61 for a while...). Build thread links in my sig.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...g?t=1224432302

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1221181023

chevytrucknut 10-19-2008 01:12 PM

Frizzle...you rock. That sub is so cool.

502tripower 10-19-2008 04:45 PM

I'm just up the road Grays Harbor. Friz how are the one piece widows coming?

LuckyHenriksen 10-19-2008 05:08 PM

Count me in for a meet. What place where you thinking of frizzle?

Frizzle Fry 10-19-2008 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevytrucknut (Post 2936501)
Frizzle...you rock. That sub is so cool.

Thanks man!
Quote:

Originally Posted by 502tripower (Post 2936742)
I'm just up the road Grays Harbor. Friz how are the one piece widows coming?

Back burner...
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyHenriksen (Post 2936768)
Count me in for a meet. What place where you thinking of frizzle?

There's a clearing in a wooded lot next to my house that's just beggin for some classic iron to come visit. I think it may be more of a summer meet spot because there's grass and this time of year it's probably wet most of the time...

Corts60 10-19-2008 08:32 PM

Does anybody know of a restaurant or sports bar that might let us have a show in their parking lot and be a good place to meet?

Lwrclass 10-19-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevytrucknut (Post 2935761)
Hey you have a nice truck and with alot of great work done to it. We all stopped and checked it out on the way back to Vancouver. Acutally I'm surprised that you haven't sold it yet. As for "Getting in"...all you need is a sickness for 60-66 chevy's.I'll let you all know when we have something planned. Take care, Jack

Nice......Does that dudes orange ride have a big block? I have a 454 collecting dust in my garage waiting for a new home but wanted to talk to someone thats done one before i tackled it. As for rolling to portland i'm down anytime! Thats what they make rain-x for.........oh and that burb is wicked

502tripower 10-19-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry (Post 2936969)
Thanks man!

Back burner...

There's a clearing in a wooded lot next to my house that's just beggin for some classic iron to come visit. I think it may be more of a summer meet spot because there's grass and this time of year it's probably wet most of the time...

We have three acres of lawn on the Satsop River that would make for a good meet as well. But would be more of a summer campout rod run. We would be glad to host if there is any interest.

Corts60 10-20-2008 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 502tripower (Post 2937269)
We have three acres of lawn on the Satsop River that would make for a good meet as well. But would be more of a summer campout rod run. We would be glad to host if there is any interest.

I'm in!

chevytrucknut 10-20-2008 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lwrclass (Post 2937083)
Nice......Does that dudes orange ride have a big block? I have a 454 collecting dust in my garage waiting for a new home but wanted to talk to someone thats done one before i tackled it. As for rolling to portland i'm down anytime! Thats what they make rain-x for.........oh and that burb is wicked

No the orange truck doesn't have a big block but his black '63 burb does.

Ru5tyNut5 12-10-2009 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevytrucknut (Post 2935761)
As for "Getting in"...all you need is a sickness for 60-66 chevy's.I'll let you all know when we have something planned.

So does that mean Ru5tyNut5 will not be "getting in" since my truck is about 10 years too old?

moneysink66c10 12-10-2009 04:22 PM

So I've got a dropped pro street 66 LWB in the works and just bought another from Chevytrucknut which I just got running last night (14 degrees outside trying to get this thing started, beer kept freezing between drinks). Might rat out the new one, or put the body on the prostreet while i finish all the body work....don't know. Well up for a gathering.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/575769698mjNjLg

moneysink66c10 12-10-2009 10:33 PM

LWRClass....I think you and I spoke for about an hour at PIR one night. You were there with your son and he was sooooooo ready to leave.....as was my wife.

62 Longbed 12-11-2009 02:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the site !!! :hiya:

I'm in for a local get together .... Still waiting to meet up with all of you , I've breifley talked to Jack and Cort by phone arond the time of the Billet Cruise , but never met in person or made the show .. It would be great to have a camp out / cruise .... We have to keep this idea alive ... Jeff :metal:

Sicboy 12-11-2009 05:42 AM

I'm up for a meet up. A buddy of mine in Ptown who has a 63 is puttin together a cruise to Billet, over on HAMB. They meetup once a month at Voodoo donuts on Sandy.

Gary

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...y/IMG_1267.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...y/IMG_1265.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m...y/IMG_1271.jpg

Ru5tyNut5 12-11-2009 12:47 PM

well, I'm bummed now....I was planning to get the front of my '76 going up and down by the end of this weekend but it's not looking like that's gonna happen. I'm still waiting on my upper plates for the front bags to come in at the Drop Shop in portland, hopefully they'll come today. That's not the part that's the pain though, since I have no money right now I'm trying to get the bags going for cheap which means running them off CO2. I planned to use the regulator off my welder since I pretty much just use flux, but I found out yesterday that my reg is not the right kind and I can't afford the $80+ for a reg right now. anyone in the portland/vancouver area have an extra pressure reg that they're willing to part with for really cheap so I can get this beast going?

*EDIT - since setting it up with CO2 is more of a quick fix until I can afford a compressor, I may be better off trying to find a decent used compressor for a single 5 gal. tank. With that said, does anybody have any extra compressors or any other airbag parts sitting around?