The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   OEM Lug Wrench - Size? Shape? Photo? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=773035)

blindbug 10-11-2018 09:58 AM

OEM Lug Wrench - Size? Shape? Photo?

Under my hood, I have the OEM Jack, Jack Holder on the driver's fender... the OEM Jack lifting arm (I don't know what it's called) and the OEM hold down bracket. However, I am missing the OEM Lug Wrench! I would like to find one that is similar to the original, so that it can fit under the hold down bracket without looking out of place... or find an original.

Does anyone have a source for the original wrench... or at least a picture of their OEM wrench, bonus points if you know the dimensions, and/or how it sits on the passenger fender. I went to a car show this last weekend and saw someone with the originals still on and realized I had mounted my stuff backwards.

TKCR 10-11-2018 05:24 PM

Re: OEM Lug Wrench - Size? Shape? Photo?

2 Attachment(s)
One like this? I had everything but the lug wrench too. Now if I can think of where I got it from.

blindbug 10-11-2018 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKCR (Post 8362070)
One like this? I had everything but the lug wrench too. Now if I can think of where I got it from.

That's it! I have all but the lug wrench. Do you have a shot of the passenger fender with the stuff bolted down? I think I have the orientation right now, but I'm not 100%.

CarolinaHD 10-11-2018 07:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Snapped these right quick

TKCR 10-11-2018 07:36 PM

Thanks CarolinaHD for the pics. I haven't installed mine yet. Got everything together now, just haven't gotten around to putting it all in the truck. I'm pretty sure you can find some on eBay, that's probably were I got mine, I just can't remember. I do believe the El Camino used the same wrench.

blindbug 10-11-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaHD (Post 8362132)
Snapped these right quick

THanks! I think even the guy who had the full setup at the car show this last week still has the orientation a bit off. What you have there looks like it’s the proper way I think.

Now I’m gonna have to be on the hunt.

Any advice on keywords? lol

CarolinaHD 10-11-2018 09:25 PM

Buy an entire vehicle lol. My 88 was missing the jack and handle so I took it off the 89. That was when I was still gonna part out the 89. I never had any luck on ebay.

mongocanfly 10-11-2018 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got one I was gonna use in my truck but decided against it...I'd let it go.....I just brushed it and sprayed some matte black on it....fits 13/16" lugs
Also have the jack and folding handle...not gonna use those either...

TKCR 10-12-2018 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindbug (Post 8362247)
THanks! I think even the guy who had the full setup at the car show this last week still has the orientation a bit off. What you have there looks like it’s the proper way I think.

Now I’m gonna have to be on the hunt.

Any advice on keywords? lol

Looks like mongocanfly can set you up with one. But keywords would be, 81-87 Chevy truck lug wrench.

Dead Parrot 10-12-2018 09:17 AM

Found several one day wondering through the local Pull-A-Part. $1 each. Used them for hat holders on a coat rack I made. Wasn't paying attention to the socket sizes. Got a weird look from the cashier when I checked out with six of them.

blindbug 10-12-2018 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mongocanfly (Post 8362264)
I've got one I was gonna use in my truck but decided against it...I'd let it go.....I just brushed it and sprayed some matte black on it....fits 13/16" lugs
Also have the jack and folding handle...not gonna use those either...

Would you be interested in selling the lug wrench separately? I'd hate to break up a set. Zip is 40205. I'll hit you with a PM!

I don't care about the lug size, its basically just going to be for show more than anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Parrot (Post 8362709)
Found several one day wondering through the local Pull-A-Part. $1 each. Used them for hat holders on a coat rack I made. Wasn't paying attention to the socket sizes. Got a weird look from the cashier when I checked out with six of them.

I haven't stepped foot in a junk yard yet. I really want to get out there, but work and life gets in the way too often. I guess you used all of them?

TKCR 10-12-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Parrot (Post 8362709)

I bet you did get a weird look. I see these things laying around all the time now that I have one, lol!!

Dead Parrot 10-13-2018 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A not real good pic of the coat rack. Black are the factory ones from Pull-A-Part. Shiny are the cut arms of some 4 ways from a local cheap tool place. Not sure where the 6th OEM wrench went. Recently moved and a lot of things are still hiding.

TKCR 10-13-2018 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dead Parrot (Post 8363376)
A not real good pic of the coat rack. Black are the factory ones from Pull-A-Part. Shiny are the cut arms of some 4 ways from a local cheap tool place. Not sure where the 6th OEM wrench went. Recently moved and a lot of things are still hiding.

That's cool!!:metal:

mongocanfly 10-13-2018 09:16 AM

I bet that 10way lug wrench is a booger to get back in the under hood mounting bracket.....haha