The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   FAQ Truck Tech (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   SoCal checkin' in (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=655965)

VDOG 04-02-2009 12:44 PM

Re: SoCal checkin' in

Quote:

Originally Posted by huero (Post 3233652)
It might be a good idea to post a couple of dates so you can get responses on who can make it or not.
Just a suggestion.

Very good idea Huero. You guys know im open for suggestions. Just trying hook up with you guys and a few more new people. Also dont give up on the breakfast idea.

semperfidoordie 04-18-2009 12:18 PM

Hey everybody trying to get another meet together we have some good car shows coming up so let me know if anyones up check out the San Diego Members post for more or PM me

Dano69c10 05-07-2009 10:31 AM

I started this thread two years ago with the hopes of creating a SoCal network of truck owners. I kinda dropped the ball on that. With that said,
June 7th is the next Antique Auto Swap meet at the Fairplex in Pomona. Does everyone want to meet that day. I figure if everyone gets there early enough we could probably stake out a whole row for all of our trucks. Bring your EZ-ups, chairs, mini BBQ's and coolers.

smokeysjet 05-07-2009 11:58 PM

atwater village / los angeles new member here.
just picked up a 70 c20 3/4 ton........cant wait to get her all set up.
cheers! - smokey

VDOG 05-08-2009 10:02 AM

Welcome Smokeysjet to the board and to the SoCal members page.
What are you plans for your truck?

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeysjet (Post 3299149)
atwater village / los angeles new member here.
just picked up a 70 c20 3/4 ton........cant wait to get her all set up.
cheers! - smokey

VDOG 05-08-2009 10:05 AM

Well Dano, I tried to pick it up from where you let off. As adults we all get busy in life, and I thank you for getting it started. Cant say for sure if I can make Pomona, I will know better as time gets closer. But im working on a meet in Orange County. I will keep you posted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano69c10 (Post 3297953)
I started this thread two years ago with the hopes of creating a SoCal network of truck owners. I kinda dropped the ball on that. With that said,
June 7th is the next Antique Auto Swap meet at the Fairplex in Pomona. Does everyone want to meet that day. I figure if everyone gets there early enough we could probably stake out a whole row for all of our trucks. Bring your EZ-ups, chairs, mini BBQ's and coolers.

smokeysjet 05-11-2009 05:56 PM

hey VDOG.. thanks for the welcome!
she runs really strong .... only 2500 miles on a rebuilt 350... pretty sweet.

for right now i just want to lower her a bit and put some new wheels on.
its a 3/4 ton with 8 lugs.. i really want some basic rally wheels but im havin a hard time finding those in 8 lug.

my biggest hurdle though is im tryin to find an experienced mechanic for basic stuff... also someone who is trustworthy with suspension/lowering knowledge.

anyone on this board have any recommendations in L.A. for mechaincs and or a suspension guy with 68-72 truck experience?

thanks alot.....
best - smokey

leddzepp 05-11-2009 06:09 PM

Welcome from another So Calif dude.

They do not make 8-lug factory style rally wheels.

smokeysjet 05-11-2009 06:19 PM

what up Zepp.
that's what im starting to realize....bummer
this is as close to a rally/stock look as i could find.. not to bad.
these powder coated 20 series wheels at stockton wheels
http://www.stocktonwheel.com/heavy_duty_wheels.htm

if i make it happen ill post the final result picts for sure.

Ronm909 05-11-2009 11:30 PM

hey bro I started with a 67 C20 , first thing I did was go to a junk yard and found a 87 suburban. I took the axle and front crossmember with upper and lower arms, sindles disc brakes, almost bolts right up with minor modifications and you got your self 5 lug set up too!! any chevy truck from 73 to 87 will work, and those you can find anywere, you have alot more options for rims with 5 or 6 lugs also.. I did this cause I too was set on rally rims.

smokeysjet 05-11-2009 11:48 PM

nice...thanks for for the tip man.

FleetsidePaul 05-12-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano69c10 (Post 3297953)

I'm going, but I'll be driving my Bug since my truck is down right now.
It would be nice to get something going though.

VDOG 05-12-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 3306323)
I'm going, but I'll be driving my Bug since my truck is down right now.
It would be nice to get something going though.

What year Bug you got Fleetside? I want a 65-72, but it has to be one that I can afford, darn near free. LOL

VDOG 05-12-2009 04:59 PM

The plan is to host it at my friends BBQ place in Anaheim. On State College Blvd, bout 3 miles from the Honda Center.
What im finding is that a Sunday might be work out best for this meet.
The place is called Smokehouse BBQ, on the corner of South and State College. Just south of Lincolin Blvd. Give me a day or two and I will throw a date out for June.

VDOG 05-12-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeysjet (Post 3305333)
nice...thanks for for the tip man.

Another option is get the C-20 spindle conversion kit from CPP (Classic Performance Products), then all you would do is change your spindles, and add disc brakes from 73 to 87 trucks. You would keep your crossmember tie rods etc etc. The rear is a different story.

VDOG 05-12-2009 05:53 PM

http://www.classicperform.com/Store/...ruck/CP4S1.htm

FleetsidePaul 05-13-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 3306455)
What year Bug you got Fleetside? I want a 65-72, but it has to be one that I can afford, darn near free. LOL

I've got a 68, here's a pic

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...n/Image103.jpg

VDOG 05-13-2009 12:24 PM

Thats nice Fleetside. I useto have a 68 Auto-Stick Bug. What plans do you have for the bug?

VDOG 05-13-2009 12:31 PM

VW Link

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeroforum?id=9

FleetsidePaul 05-13-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 3307808)
Thats nice Fleetside. I useto have a 68 Auto-Stick Bug. What plans do you have for the bug?

Not much, just drive it, it doesn't need much and my truck is project enough :lol:

VDOG 05-13-2009 06:15 PM

I understand, I just finish installing the new MC on my truck. The booster rod was too long so instead of changing boosters or another MC, I just cut the rod.
Works like a charm.

Dano69c10 05-14-2009 08:10 PM

Tryin to get my project running, VDOG sundays are best for me, except Antique Auto Swap Meet sundays. I always go to Angel's games, I'll have to check out your friends place.

Boneslammed91 05-24-2009 12:33 PM

Newbie Big Al here.... Great Website guys....I stumbled upon this site this past Friday and still feeling my way around it. Can you anyone help me understand why I cannot upload my pics? I tried both methods and still a no go... Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend....

Big Al / Chino Ca. :sumo:

VDOG 05-25-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boneslammed91 (Post 3324778)
Newbie Big Al here.... Great Website guys....I stumbled upon this site this past Friday and still feeling my way around it. Can you anyone help me understand why I cannot upload my pics? I tried both methods and still a no go... Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend....
Big Al / Chino Ca. :sumo:

Welcome to the board and to the SoCal page.
Have you tried just attaching them by using the paperclip next to the smiley face? Also if your pictures are too big, then they wont attach.

Boneslammed91 05-25-2009 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Right On... I will give it a shot.... Thanks for the Welcome !!!