The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Forget if they’re rare - how cool are these (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=760078)

Newtynewt 03-24-2018 02:37 PM

Forget if they’re rare or not - how cool are these

5 Attachment(s)
Found these In a parts box I bought. I’m not sure if they’re rare I just wanted to post because they’re so dang cool looking.
Posted via Mobile Device

Newtynewt 03-24-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newtynewt (Post 8220436)
Found these In a parts box I bought. I’m not sure if they’re rare I just wanted to post because they’re so dang cool looking.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry about the pics. They’re straight on my end but sideways on site. You get the idea though.
Posted via Mobile Device

'68OrangeSunshine 03-24-2018 05:30 PM

Re: Forget if they’re rare - how cool are these

The Bowtie tail light lenses are not stock. An aftermarket product. The Blue Dot is an old Hot Rodder's thing. Cops would stop and ticket Hotrodders for having the blue dot jewel. Most state regulations stipulate that only police and emergency vehicles can have blue lights or signals on them. Some hot rodders ran them anyway in defiance. Some cops had bigger fish to fry.
Some guys only screw them on while parked at a car show. Depends on local circumstances.

Newtynewt 03-24-2018 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine (Post 8220538)
The Bowtie tail light lenses are not stock. An aftermarket product. The Blue Dot is an old Hot Rodder's thing. Cops would stop and ticket Hotrodders for having the blue dot jewel. Most state regulations stipulate that only police and emergency vehicles can have blue lights or signals on them. Some hot rodders ran them anyway in defiance. Some cops had bigger fish to fry.
Some guys only screw them on while parked at a car show. Depends on local circumstances.

Well poo. Still pretty cool.
Posted via Mobile Device

turp mcspray 03-24-2018 07:48 PM

Love them blue dots!

jaros44sr 03-25-2018 08:05 AM

what if we changed the color, would the cops still pull us over?

YoungPup1977 03-25-2018 11:27 AM

I think these tail lights would really set off the purple/blue lights under your truck At night we all can see the undernearth of your trucks and the tail lights would totally match up. How groovy would that be to be the only person to have this. Are these tail lights for sale ?
Posted via Mobile Device

ls1nova71 03-25-2018 12:48 PM

You can still buy "blue dots", Speedway sells them for $5 a pair, just drill out your lens and install, pretty simple. But, yeah, some cops don't like them. I used to run them in my '34 Ford pickup. Had one cop who would stop me for any reason he could think of, and I had to resort to putting black electrical tape over them at times. I think he was jealous that an early 20's kid had such a truck in the 90's. I had glass lenses which allowed me to run halogen fog light bulbs as brake lights so they were super bright, and as long as the bulb is centered in the middle of the blue dot, the brakes would look purple, the further away you were from them the better they looked!

Newtynewt 03-25-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls1nova71 (Post 8221249)
You can still buy "blue dots", Speedway sells them for $5 a pair, just drill out your lens and install, pretty simple. But, yeah, some cops don't like them. I used to run them in my '34 Ford pickup. Had one cop who would stop me for any reason he could think of, and I had to resort to putting black electrical tape over them at times. I think he was jealous that an early 20's kid had such a truck in the 90's. I had glass lenses which allowed me to run halogen fog light bulbs as brake lights so they were super bright, and as long as the bulb is centered in the middle of the blue dot, the brakes would look purple, the further away you were from them the better they looked!

What about the white bow tie at the bottom. I haven’t seen those either.
Posted via Mobile Device

'68OrangeSunshine 03-25-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44sr (Post 8221024)
what if we changed the color, would the cops still pull us over?

Change 'em to red and they'd have to bust 'em with a billyclub if they wanted a reason to stop you.

CTENTA1 04-03-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newtynewt (Post 8221267)
What about the white bow tie at the bottom. I haven’t seen those either.
Posted via Mobile Device

The bowtie almost looks like it's painted from the inside. Notice they are both a little different than each other (size). what does the inside look like?