The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   SO disappointed with Brothers.... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=665588)

fade94 03-31-2015 07:12 PM

SO disappointed with Brothers....

Ordered an engine harness along with several other items. Email confirmation of the order said the harness was on back order so I called to see how long they anticipate before it is available. I was told they are made to order and it takes an additional 4-6 business days, so I left it on the order.
I get my other items yesterday and call to see when the harness with ship because my truck is dead in the water without it. This time I am told 4-6 WEEKS. He said it is because they are all made here and not imported. That is all well and good, but how about informing people? I told the guy it would be nice if that info was on the website to be seen when people are ordering. I would have gone somewhere else had I known that. He had a very we-don't-care-what-you-think attitude and dismissed me. So I told him I would get it elsewhere and cancelled the back order. I have 2 of these trucks to build and have a LOT of parts to buy, and NONE of them will be from Brothers after that.

EARNHARDT#3 03-31-2015 07:43 PM

Re: SO disappointed with Brothers....

Yeah I don't like brothers. And their website stinks. My favorite is classic parts.

Ohio mike 03-31-2015 08:26 PM

I've heard same thing about them from other people

Carmen Black 03-31-2015 08:28 PM

I get their sales papers where parts are 50% off. It just makes me think they were selling overpriced junk to begin with.

hugger6933 03-31-2015 09:08 PM

I had a order that was open over three months. Yes three months. I won't do that again. Jim

71swb4x4 03-31-2015 09:16 PM

I placed an order with Wes at Classic Heartbeat and he actually answered the phone. I had a question about my order a week later and he answered again. That's worth quite a bit in my opinion, the guy answering the phone owns the business, and restores these trucks.

BrianG 03-31-2015 09:48 PM

I just received my new 4x4 fan shroud today from LMC. I had originally ordered one from Classic Industries and had to send that one back. The one from Classic Industries was made from fiberglass and it looked like someone made it in their back yard. Really bad. Classic was good about returning it, but I lost out on shipping. The one from LMC cost a third as much an is AMAZING... let me repeat I AM VERY VERY HAPPY WITH LMC. The fan shroud looks nearly identical to the stock ones. People if you need one of these don't spend 300 that some people are charging for NOS. Give LMC a shot on these. I've shied away from LMC mainly because of the rotten reputation that most people on this board have of them. I read a few posts where people had been satisfied with their fan shrouds so I gave them a shot. They have moved up a few notches on my source list with this order.

'68OrangeSunshine 03-31-2015 09:57 PM

Wes is cool, but get it direct from M&H in Santa Fe Springs Calif. They are probably the guys who are actually building the harness. Middlemen just cause delays.

getsomegreen 03-31-2015 10:25 PM

I do Brothers, Classic and LMC. Never had an issue with any

pat english 03-31-2015 10:28 PM

last time brothers sent one of there spring sale adds i drove down there to buy some parts(about 45 min drive) and everything that i wanted to buy on sale was not available...i ended out just buying a gas tank at regular price because i was already down there.

leddzepp 03-31-2015 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pat english (Post 7114618)
last time brothers sent one of there spring sale adds i drove down there to buy some parts(about 45 min drive) and everything that i wanted to buy on sale was not available...i ended out just buying a gas tank at regular price because i was already down there.

Same here. Luckily I'm only 10 minutes away...

Elliot949 03-31-2015 10:32 PM

I got a catalog from Brothers on a Tuesday when I got home from work... The next morning I called to place a order for the trailing arms from them... There was a price in the catalog they had just sent me but when I called to place the order I was quoted 67.00 higher for it... I was told they had a price increase and when I told them they had just sent me the catalog He said well that was a old one and the prices have changed and the new catalog would be out soon with the new prices... I told him he needed to sell for the price in the catalog and he said they wouldn't so I just told him that the other 6000.00 in parts that I needed to buy would definitely not come from Brothers...

Bowtiguy 04-01-2015 09:00 AM

New to the truck hobby. After shopping around, I ordered a power brake assembly for my CPP big brake package because it was "on sale". Three months later I get it..and its from CPP anyhow.

I just placed a $2K order with them early march when they announced their "sale". 15-20% of the items were on backorder, but you only know that AFTER placing the order and paying for it. Good thing I'm not in a hurry.

The rest of the parts arrived w/in 7 days to Colorado.

Elliot949 04-01-2015 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowtiguy (Post 7114959)
New to the truck hobby. After shopping around, I ordered a power brake assembly for my CPP big brake package because it was "on sale". Three months later I get it..and its from CPP anyhow.

I just placed a $2K order with them early march when they announced their "sale". 15-20% of the items were on backorder, but you only know that AFTER placing the order and paying for it. Good thing I'm not in a hurry.

The rest of the parts arrived w/in 7 days to Colorado.

ECE is definitely a better choice...

Bowtiguy 04-01-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot949 (Post 7114992)
ECE is definitely a better choice...

They might be, but there website gives me a headache! These parts companies need to step into 2015 in regards to web design.

I don't mind paying a bit more for better service and parts application knowledge. That's what will differentiate best from the rest.

I've also noticed that the higher price point of a given car line, the better website/product development/customer service you get. Compared to the companies I dealt with when I raced C6 corvettes, truck part providers so far have been like my old turbo dodge days (with the exception of Rob @ No Limit, 1st class all the way.)

Then again, we used to pay $1200 for a splined sway bar set, $750 dry sump tanks, $2500 cranks and a set of 295/19 F 345/20R tires was $2k. :crazy:

71meangreenc10 04-01-2015 11:31 PM

Yep,

I stay away from them also along with CPP and Top Banana.

I use WES, ECE, Manes, LMC (Never had one issue with them) Atheys. Four out of the five answer the phone and answer questions. Southern Kentucky Classic is down the road for me and I use them "if" they have it in stock and I need to save on shipping costs.

Smitty

Dustytrix 04-27-2015 08:16 PM

I ordered from Brothers last Monday April 20th, for their special spring sale. Great prices, But I have not even got a tracking number yet. Vendors like this should not treat customers like that. I will not order from them again. For example, I ordered from Rock auto last nite and got email today saying part has shipped with tracking #.

TJ's Chevy 04-27-2015 11:43 PM

I've only ordered from Classic Parts of America and Truck and Car shop in california....never had issues yet. Expecting a ton of suspension parts from Classic parts tomorrow. Great price for the amount I ordered and free shipping to. They've always packaged everything well and all has been good quality thus far. Same with the things I've ordered from truck and car shop. Never have ordered from Brothers and from the reviews I have gotten probably never will...The Op of this thread had something happen very similar to what just happened with me at proformance powertrain...you can read my thread on it on this forum.

crossfire84 04-28-2015 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustytrix (Post 7151003)
I ordered from Brothers last Monday April 20th, for their special spring sale. Great prices, But I have not even got a tracking number yet. Vendors like this should not treat customers like that. I will not order from them again. For example, I ordered from Rock auto last nite and got email today saying part has shipped with tracking #.

Dude chill out! I've ordered from them many times, Never had a tracking # or a problem. It may take time for the order to come with the sale. Don't panic!

Bowtiguy 04-29-2015 10:55 AM

follow-up from my last post ...everything showed up just fine and MUCH more timely than the Brake booster/master assembly. I've been getting regular e-mail updates of expected shipping date is and when the Back orders ship too.

Bowtiguy 06-09-2015 10:39 AM

another follow-up. I have to say, these guys are impressing me now. I ordered A BUNCH of parts in march.

After emptying every box I had, I just couldn't seem to find my window channel felt weather stripping. Gave Brothers a call, they sent out a new pair on their dime no questions asked. Once I got them, I noticed the packaging (4 in total, they sent 2 sets) looked similar to my hood/cowl seals I thought I had ordered two of by mistake in march.

Except, they weren't hood to cowl seals. You guessed it window channel felt.:devil:

I gave them a call and told them I'd be sending these back on my dime this time.

El Dorado Jim 01-23-2017 12:24 AM

thanks for the input guys, from what i can tell on other reviews, I will not order anything from Brothers, I hate bad service...