The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Bucket Seats with Integral Seat Belts (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=461617)

blong 04-27-2011 09:23 PM

Bucket Seats with Integral Seat Belts

I am a new member to the board (hello everyone), and I just picked up a 1970 K5. I want to put some new seats in the front, and I was considering trying to find some out of a extended cab pick-up (the non 4-door models without the pillars) as many of these have integrated shoulder belts. Has anyone done this before and happen to have advice on a good make and model of vehicle to try and get the seats from? Also is there anything from an installation stand-point that I should be looking for, or that could cause problems. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Brett

BLUE THUNDER 04-28-2011 12:25 AM

Re: Bucket Seats with Integral Seat Belts

5 Attachment(s)
That's what I did. Hope this helps.

BLUE THUNDER 04-28-2011 12:28 AM

4 Attachment(s)
And these....It does make a big difference when you drive it alot. So much more comfortable.

Erik V 04-28-2011 03:18 AM

I picked up a pair of similar style buckets from a 97 Chrysler Sebring Convertible. Driver seat is power, passenger is not. Both seats have a 12v circut that allows the shoulder belt to release (wierd that without power the seatbelts wont loosen). The trim level of the car I got them from was top of the line, leather-dark gray almost black. ~$50 in a the U Pull It junkyard.

I havnt installed yet, I'm having difficulty figuring out how to mount the passenger seat. I dont hvae the block for the factory tip forward to latch into, but I have everything else. It doesnt appear I'll be able to drill through the floor and reach the bolt to nut it below since this area has a space/cavity between layers of metal? So I'm thinking about making my own block, and then reusing the factory seat mounts, but with the Sebring seat frames cut down to fit, and welded to the factory Blazer/Jimmy frames.

I believe the seats you're after came in 99ish to 06 trucks-all pickups, tahoes, yukons, suburbans. Only full size trucks though.

Erik

blong 04-28-2011 02:07 PM

Thanks for the help!

99-LS1-SS 04-28-2011 06:32 PM

BLUE THUNDER, do you have a more detailed write up of your seat install?

mcmlxix 04-29-2011 04:56 AM

I have almost the same seats as BLUE THUNDER; Mine just don't have the arm rests. What I did was drill out the "rivets" that hold the brackets on (the ones you see he cut.) You end up with a completely flat track to start with. I will try and post some some pics this weekend. REMEMBER> your seats were bolted down to keep the SEAT in place and the seatbelts had a stronger mounting point to keep YOU in place. Once you swap to new seats with built in seat belts, your life is depending on how you mount your seats.....