The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Here it is (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=674430)

Already Gone 06-21-2015 01:12 PM

Here it is

5 Attachment(s)
I don't have her home yet because of a plugged fuel filter. I have been looking for a Burb for while and SSTim referred this one to me. Long story short I made deal and me and my wife drove down to Portland, Oregon to pick her up. It only has 52,000 original miles but sat for many years and the man I bought it from just bought it this past Spring. He changed all the rad hoses, put a new timing chain and water pump on the BB and generally cleaned up and installed an in line fuel filter on the line between new fuel pump he installed and the carb. He also added and installed a new fuel filter near the fuel pump on the tank side of the fuel pump, only he neglected to tell me that and you can't see it from under the hood. Anyway after 500 miles and only 5 minutes from former board member Mr B's place the Burb stalled but then started and ran again. I still had 750 miles to go and wasn't comfortable driving that distance so I left it with A.J and rove home. On the way home the self called me and told me about the extra fuel filter and I wish he would have called the day before. Anyway its getting shipped the rest of the way home. The Burb is an unmolested 71 C20 with a BB, tilt, tach and buckets and drives real nice. It needs some cosmetic stuff and there are a few rust spots but I like it. Anyway enough dribble about my trip, so on with the pictures. I will put more pics in next thread.

Southcity 06-21-2015 01:27 PM

Re: Here it is

Congrats! love those C20's - great looking example.

In The Ten Ring 06-21-2015 02:21 PM

Such a vehicle would be great for my ski condo business and for ski trips.

Riveted1 06-21-2015 05:11 PM

Glad you FINALLY found one! :cong:

undertaker72 06-21-2015 05:28 PM

that's a nice burb , and it sounds like its loaded

'68OrangeSunshine 06-21-2015 07:28 PM

Replace the plastic fuel filter on the engine with a steel one.
My '67 K/10 sub has been sitting since '98 as a project-with-a-salvage-title, because the 454's aircleaner [K&N] caught on fire from a backfire and the plastic filter melted thru. (Situation was complicated by an electric fuel pump that stayed on.)

Nice truck. I see there's an extra fuel cap amidships. What kind of extra tank does it have? That much rust in the filter tells us you will want to have your gas tanks and fuel lines flushed and cleaned out.

Ol Blue K20 06-21-2015 08:35 PM

Very nice Burb...very nice of AJ to help out. Also how's he doing? Does he still have his truck?

vectorit 06-21-2015 11:50 PM

Congratulations on getting your burb!

Already Gone 06-22-2015 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine (Post 7216956)
Replace the plastic fuel filter on the engine with a steel one.
My '67 K/10 sub has been sitting since '98 as a project-with-a-salvage-title, because the 454's aircleaner [K&N] caught on fire from a backfire and the plastic filter melted thru. (Situation was complicated by an electric fuel pump that stayed on.)

Nice truck. I see there's an extra fuel cap amidships. What kind of extra tank does it have? That much rust in the filter tells us you will want to have your gas tanks and fuel lines flushed and cleaned out.

Yes, I plan to put the steel in line filter on the Burb when I get the fuel situation straightened out. There is and original "Travel Tank" brand tank tucked under the second seat. I do not know outs capacity but it goes from side to side and front to back under the set. I did put 16 gallons in on one fill but the gas gauge doesn't work properly so don't know how much wa sin it.

SS Tim 06-22-2015 05:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
70's flashback picture of the day... well almost.

DeadheadNM 06-22-2015 05:39 AM

Nice Greg! Hope it gets home soon and safely. Look forward to more pics. Pete

Already Gone 06-22-2015 09:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 (Post 7217050)
Very nice Burb...very nice of AJ to help out. Also how's he doing? Does he still have his truck?

Yes it is very gracious of AJ to help me out and I hope I can help him or someone else in need one day. AJ is doing well and all settled in his new home in the Spokane Valley, Washington. As far as his truck goes as you can see it is doing great as well.

Hart_Rod 06-22-2015 10:08 AM

Sweet!

Ol Blue K20 06-22-2015 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Already Gone (Post 7217531)
Yes it is very gracious of AJ to help me out and I hope I can help him or someone else in need one day. AJ is doing well and all settled in his new home in the Spokane Valley, Washington. As far as his truck goes as you can see it is doing great as well.

That's great to hear and see. I had several deals with him, all of them were very good. I didn't know he moved. Nice looking house. Thanks for the info.

'68OrangeSunshine 06-23-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Already Gone (Post 7217305)
Yes, I plan to put the steel in line filter on the Burb when I get the fuel situation straightened out. There is and original "Travel Tank" brand tank tucked under the second seat. I do not know outs capacity but it goes from side to side and front to back under the set. I did put 16 gallons in on one fill but the gas gauge doesn't work properly so don't know how much wa sin it.

The aux tank on my Sub, "White Fang", was an Army surplus gunpowder can. About 2' x 3' x 10" it held 16 gallons. It was made from galvanized steel. painted gray, had a 5" opening seal on one end and leaked like a sieve. I had to quit using it. It usually ran dry before 2 hours of highway driving with a BBC and 4x4. Tank was blind - no gauge. Your 'Travel Tank' sounds like a real product. Mine was a PO's homebrew.
The Suburban - K/5 stock tank is rated at 20.5. Some will say that's more than the behind-the-seat tank in pickups, but I've crammed 22.5 in them, so I know that's not correct.
Good luck on your project, and if I can pass on my bad experiences so a fellow board member can avoid them, then that's something good.

71swb4x4 06-23-2015 10:10 PM

Nice looking burb Greg. It looks like you can clean it up a little and drive it.

Already Gone 06-23-2015 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 (Post 7219475)
Nice looking burb Greg. It looks like you can clean it up a little and drive it.

Yes, that is the plan Shawn. I don't why i bought it thought cause I am so happy with the green Highlander which drives super and the A/C works great. I've been wanting a Burb for years and now i have one but can't justify having the Burb and the Highlander.

mdw 06-26-2015 05:31 PM

Did that one come out of Sandy, Or.?

Already Gone 06-26-2015 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdw (Post 7222657)
Did that one come out of Sandy, Or.?

Yes it did. Do you know anything about it?

northerngmc 06-29-2015 11:07 AM

Very nice score.

Already Gone 07-12-2015 07:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
After 3 1/2 weeks it finally got on the truck yesterday morning. I should be able to pick her up Monday/Tuesday..

Bigdav160 07-12-2015 08:19 PM

N I C E !

And my favorite vehicle color.

I'll need some details about it :)

DeadheadNM 07-12-2015 09:17 PM

Great news Greg - can't wait to see more pics and know it's safe in hand.