The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Gm truck nationals (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=742267)

MikeCofield 07-12-2017 11:09 PM

Gm truck nationals

Anyone going to the truck nationals this weekend in Nashville?

FRCvette 07-13-2017 06:49 AM

Re: Gm truck nationals

I am leaving today for the c10 nationals in Maggie Valley NC

special-K 07-13-2017 07:16 AM

Doesn't look like I'll make it to White House. I had wanted to go, but been too dang busy to afford the time...dangit!

So there is a show back at Maggie Valley and they decided to throw it the same weekend? That's a shame they didn't look into that and make it a different date. Sounds like it's just for 2wd '60-'86 1/2t Chevys, though. The Southeast GM Truck Nationals are for all GM Trucks.

flashed 07-13-2017 07:21 AM

I want to go but not sure I will feel up to it .

sambrutay 07-13-2017 07:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I will be there. Mike you bringing parts?

hewittca 07-13-2017 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 7989876)
Doesn't look like I'll make it to White House. I had wanted to go, but been too dang busy to afford the time...dangit!

So there is a show back at Maggie Valley and they decided to throw it the same weekend? That's a shame they didn't look into that and make it a different date. Sounds like it's just for '60-'86 1/2t Chevys, though. The Southeast GM Truck Nationals are for all GM Trucks.

Yes, I've wondered this same thing. I think last year was the first year for the revival of the Maggie Valley show. Completely short foresight to hold it on the same weekend. I know many in between the two shows are choosing White House. Who wouldn't? It's bigger and more established. Maggie Valley would be an awesome show if they could hold it a month or two later after people have recovered from traveling to White House and the weather has started to cool off.

sambrutay 07-13-2017 08:09 AM

What he said. /\ /\ /\

special-K 07-14-2017 08:13 AM

Ironically, the last year the original show was at Maggie Valley I had a room reserved with Brian, who started and runs the show in White House because we needed a show. If it was another weekend I'm sure he'd go!

flashed 07-14-2017 09:32 AM

I thought this years show was at Moss Wright Part instead of White House . Dont know if I will make either show ,not feeling the best these days .

special-K 07-15-2017 06:04 AM

Sorry, I could be wrong. Just going by where it was. I didn't know it moved and never saw mention of it's new location

MattPSU 07-17-2017 09:39 AM

I'm a part of the Upstate SC GM Truck Club that's based in Greenville/Spartanburg South Carolina. There are a bunch of us who would go to both shows if they weren't the same weekend, but when our members look at it, they can drive 2 hours or less to Maggie Valley, or 6+ to Nashville, so Maggie Valley is where we end up.

After last year's shows, I got Brian and Rodney (the MV promoter) to talk to each other but neither would budge on the dates, and unfortunately, I think that they're on the same weekend again in 2018. I can understand both sides not wanting to change, but they're probably both hurting themselves and each other. However, it's clear that Brian's show outside of Nashville is the more dominant, established, larger show.

Our club represented about 25 of the 80-90 GM trucks in Maggie Valley this year. Maybe if we all hadn't have been there, it might convince them to move their dates. It's just hard to get a large group convinced to take an entire day to travel and another day to get back when they could easily drive to Maggie Valley, enjoy the show for several hours, and drive back all on a Saturday.

Regardless, I had a great time in Maggie Valley, and it sounds like everyone enjoyed Nashville despite rain at both shows!

flashed 07-17-2017 09:44 AM

If they were different dates I would love to go to both but did not feel up to either one this time .Planning on going to the Nashville show next year though .

Duck 37 07-17-2017 10:31 AM

Were is the best place to find info on truck events. I spend winter in south central FL. and the rest of the year in western PA. Truck Carlisle is good but I'd like to go to some others. Thanks for any info.

Andy4639 07-17-2017 12:47 PM

I'm in the club with Matt and agree it's a lot easier to take one day out of the weekend for the M/V show than a whole weekend for the Nashville show.
I would love to go but it's just not worth the time for me to drive that far in July.
We have a beach house and we spend a lot of time there in the month of July.
In fact I hadn't been home this month except for the show in M/V.
Yes it would be nice if they changed one of the dates.
I had one day to get the truck cleaned up and loaded for M/V I wouldn't had be able to consider Nashville with one day to prepare.
:chevy: