The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Tired of looking at it... for now.. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=750788)

MailManX2 11-18-2017 06:11 PM

Tired of looking at it... for now..

5 Attachment(s)
Got burned out working on my 60 Apache so it's been sitting in the garage on a rotisserie for quite a while (years). Last week I bolted the front suspension on (Jimmy Meyer) and mocked up the rear suspension, which isn't right but allowed me to move the truck out of the garage. I'll rework it later..

Using my Kubota L3901 I hauled the truck out and put it in a shipping container for storage. I need to make something for the tractor that will allow me to move the truck back up to the house without a struggle. Something that I can lift the front end and will allow the truck to pivot behind the tractor. That way I can easily move it back to the garage so I can work on it if the mood hits me.

Oh, now my garage is half full of woodworking tools that were in storage in another shipping container... :metal:

Clyde65 11-18-2017 08:46 PM

Re: Tired of looking at it... for now..

At least you have a dry place to put her!!

'63GENIII 11-19-2017 02:32 AM

Looks like you need a hoe on that 3901. Got one on my BX25 and it works great as an engine hoist. Well, actually an engine hoist works better but the BX is more fun to use!

Killer Bee 11-19-2017 07:22 AM

buy or fab a fork attachment adapter and mount a locking pintle claw on it..

fab a crossmember with a lunette eye to bolt or clamp to the frame horns of the tow vehicle..

just about everything else will result in some level of damage to the vehicle, machine, or both..

pintle hookup is keen for high angle mobility and control..

been using these for years in various forms and locations including my present yard at work..

good luck!

wahl4m 11-19-2017 08:51 AM

i have forks on my jd 4500-slide the 2 forks together -take a piece of box or rect. or channel tubing &slide over the 2 forks {remember 2 forks are stronger than 1 } take a pivot cup -off the top of a floor jack & weld a piece of tubing to hold it on the tubing on the forks -this will give you a swivel -that you can lift the truck up by the rear axle & move it ! if worried about losing it put a small chain from truck r/end housing to the tractor -forks mask ? also i try to wedge this pivot mount on the forks -hope my description is not confusing ! good luck-truck looks good -keep on it -finish it!

MailManX2 11-19-2017 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by '63GENIII (Post 8085743)
Looks like you need a hoe on that 3901. Got one on my BX25 and it works great as an engine hoist. Well, actually an engine hoist works better but the BX is more fun to use!

Got one, just didn't have it on at the moment as I was using the tractor for hauling wood...