The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Tropical storm (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=813831)

Andy4639 10-29-2020 09:49 AM

Tropical storm

Well woke up to no power this morning at 7am. I just now got the generator going and the fridges back on and wifi going. Had to go get gas for the generator and the road was blocked. Fire department was already cutting the tree out of the way. So got 15 gallons on h test gas for it should be good I hope. Haven't seen much about the local area but what I saw going to get gas a lot of power is out.
Hope everyone down in LA is OK and other places, we are all good here. I got a lot of yard work ahead of me though when it dry out.
:chevy:

Boog 10-29-2020 10:02 AM

Re: Tropical storm

That big blow is moving pretty fast. I hope Bill Palf and all the guys along the gulf coast made it ok. Millions of folks have been without power over several coastal states so far. And Lord I hope that is the last hurricane for this year. 2020 is really testing us all.

72c20customcamper 10-29-2020 10:28 AM

Its teaming up with a cold front storm up here in the northeast . Said we will wake up to snow tomorrow. But no strong winds

Hope they get you back on line soon

hambone61 10-29-2020 10:51 AM

91 mph gust at Mobile Regional Airport last night. My power was off briefly, but 150,000 not so lucky. 468,266 without power statewide. Bad news is there's another one already sitting out there .

67ChevyRedneck 10-29-2020 02:09 PM

It was a little nasty for a couple hours, but it seemed to mostly knock down small dead branches here. Power blipped a few times but stayed on. Supposedly, we were in the main path. I guess it just died down a lot by the time it got here.

Dead Parrot 10-29-2020 02:35 PM

Oklahoma has about 300,000 homes without power from the ice storm that is just finishing up. They have made the point that due to all of the other storms in surrounding states, the normal herd of out of state power line folks would be staying home to deal with their own customers and that the recovery times will likely take longer then normal.

special-K 10-29-2020 05:01 PM

They didn't expect Zeta to be more than a Cat-1, but I see it was Cat-2 when it made landfall. I hope everyone in that area is doing ok. Not your first rodeo this season.

It rained all night and into the morning here, and became a blowing mist the rest of the day... and still. Then came the wind since about 9am. I don't know what was cold front or tropical storm, but I felt it cooling off by lunchtime. Power got knocked out around 2pm where I was working. Power is on here at home and we got about 1 1/2" of rain.

flashed 10-29-2020 07:59 PM

We lost power here in North Ga about 3 30 AM , I woke up and then back to sleep . The wind was wild here , lots of trees down . Left for work at 7 AM and power lines were down everywhere along my way . Got home after work , well almost , road was closed for our Amazing Power Crews . Went down my neighbors driveway and tried going to mine , tree across the driveway . Went thru the pasture to get home , then realized I was locked out of my house as I normally go out thru the garage door . Went out the front door and did not take a key as I just assumed power would be on when I returned . I broke in to my house . Power came back about 7 PM . It looks like a war zone in our Hood .

67ChevyRedneck 10-30-2020 01:24 AM

Had a long day at work. Did a quick walk around. Looks like some halloween decorations made their way to the ditch and tree line, some small branches are down, and a corner section of house wrap came loose from the shop. Guess it's telling me I need to get the siding installed.

Andy4639 10-30-2020 09:56 AM

24hrs later and no power yet. It didn't die down here and there are tree's down every where. 1 street over I counted 14 tree's down several had been cut so you could pass. Our neighbor has about a 200' tree laying across his back yard. It fell right between his house and above ground pool. It took most of his deck out though.
I just got the gas logs up and running and fixed our fence where one of the panels blew out.
It's suppose to be 39* tonight and with no power the gas logs are all the heat we will have so we are ready now I hope.
I got plenty of gas for the generator and by the end of the day if our power isn't back on I'll go buy some more.
:chevy:

Andy4639 10-30-2020 01:12 PM

A little progress. TV and internet are back up and running! Still on the generator but we have noise again.:chevy:

Palf70Step 10-30-2020 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our area got hit pretty hard, gulfport to Waveland ms. I am ok. Lots of lumberjacking the last 2 days. Might have some shingle messed up but no leaks. No power yet, but surviving. Powering my fridge with my neighbors house generator. Her husband put in a plug just for me since I help them so much. This was my front yard. Bsck was a lot worse, but no shop damage. My gas chain saw sucks, so been using bow saw till I get powrtfor elec chainsaw. Maybe good for character, but my old bod is screaming

Andy4639 10-30-2020 05:17 PM

Just finished blowing leaves in the front yard. Power people are across the street starting on the line. Said hope to have power back by dark are a little after.:chevy:

Andy4639 10-30-2020 08:43 PM

Power came back on at 7pm. For about 20 minutes. Long enough for me to take everything a part and cut the generator off. My wife was setting the clock on the stove and boom everything went dark! I said what did you do! I can't repeat what she said back!:lol::lol::lol:

Power was out just about 1 hr but it on now and I hope for awhile longer.
Thanks to all the linemen out there who work around the clock to get the power back on. Every where!
:metal:

LS short box 10-30-2020 09:21 PM

Pretty amazing what the power companies do to get things turned back on. Not much going on around here. Last Thursday 10" of snow. All next week 50-60 degrees. May get the truck and vert out for one more ride. Opening of deer fire arm season on the 7th. Temps in the upper 50's. May have to break out the sun screen.