The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Hazel the older Sister.... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=351837)

n2billet 07-05-2009 10:13 PM

Hazel the older Sister....

5 Attachment(s)
As some of you may or may not remember I built a truck a few years back that we named Lucy (Red 68 with a 6 cylinder).......well this is her older sister Hazel. I have watched this truck for five years sitting in a carport in a neighboring town and would stop from time to time to ask the owner if he would sell it and I always got the same response but I would leave my card and drive on down the road thinking he would give in one day. Now a week or so back while we were in Nashville at the GoodGuys show I slip down to the business center in the hotel to get my Craigslist fix when I see a very undisclosed ad for a 67 swb back in the Dallas area......I thought I knew where just about all the 67-72 where in that town so I thought that it had to be the one in the carport.....after a day or two of trying to make myself forget about it I finally broke down and call the guy and sure enough it was the truck. It took almost a week to get our schedules to match so I could get a closer look and try and get the price where I needed it to be but within 10 minutes I was holding the title and my wife was sitting in my truck shaking her head. :lol: That was Friday, today I had it towed to the house (been sitting 5 years or more ?) and started cleaning it up....I love the patina so it's going to stay! The drivers side has a huge dent in the door and front fender where the owner backed into it with his tractor 15-20 years ago? I have been studying these dents and I'm thinking I can get them straighten and matched to the rest of the truck without to many problems.

bigguy69 07-05-2009 10:34 PM

Re: Hazel the older Sister....

that is a great start! i agree with the paint.

N2TRUX 07-05-2009 10:46 PM

Another sweet one finds a home at the n2billet resort for wayward trucks. I have little doubt that Hazel will do her best to make Lucy envious.

It looks like you already found some of the missing trim.

Hart_Rod 07-05-2009 11:05 PM

Signed up, again....................:D.

redbaron69 07-05-2009 11:18 PM

looks great staying tuned for this one:metal:

dan42 07-05-2009 11:58 PM

Wow, that's a clean start. I'll watch this one.

ERASER5 07-06-2009 03:32 AM

Tagging in. Nice find.

Raguemoe 07-06-2009 04:10 AM

Nice! (I think I have her brother out here in Cali.) So how many 67-68 trucks does this make for you?

n2billet 07-06-2009 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raguemoe (Post 3397349)
Nice! (I think I have her brother out here in Cali.) So how many 67-68 trucks does this make for you?

I've sold some but I'm down to three, this is my first 67:lol:

lolife99 07-06-2009 06:03 AM

Very nice.
Subscribing to this one,...

72BlckButy 07-06-2009 08:21 AM

Well well well.... it's about time we get to see this new project of yours. And my wife has an Aunt Hazel, but she doesn't look anything like this. :lol:

Definitely subscribed to this build!

So what made you decide to go with bags vs. the static drop you were thinking about? Just because you had the pieces? Lucky guy... :rolleyes:

my67chevytruck 07-06-2009 08:26 AM

gonna watch this develop , I need to learn to search cl better :lol:

n2billet 07-06-2009 08:57 AM

Yep, I found the bags while I was cleaning out my attic and I had the ART air management already.....so why not?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72BlckButy (Post 3397462)
Well well well.... it's about time we get to see this new project of yours. And my wife has an Aunt Hazel, but she doesn't look anything like this. :lol:

Definitely subscribed to this build!

So what made you decide to go with bags vs. the static drop you were thinking about? Just because you had the pieces? Lucky guy... :rolleyes:

LEEVON 07-06-2009 11:58 AM

That's a nice find, not too many of those sitting around ripe for the picking anymore.

72BlckButy 07-06-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2billet (Post 3397494)
Yep, I found the bags while I was cleaning out my attic and I had the ART air management already.....so why not?

Definitely can't go wrong with parts you already have.

What are the plans for the interior? Was the exterior/interior repainted at some point? I know in either '67 or '68, or both, they would paint the interior a different color, but that is quite the color difference blue and light green.

n2billet 07-06-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72BlckButy (Post 3397957)
Definitely can't go wrong with parts you already have.

What are the plans for the interior? Was the exterior/interior repainted at some point? I know in either '67 or '68, or both, they would paint the interior a different color, but that is quite the color difference blue and light green.

It's all factory, never been painted. I'm in the process of trying to find the factory material for the Gold 68 so I'll just add this one to the list. I would like to recover the seat to look factory.

68 short step 07-06-2009 05:29 PM

im in for the build :)

rustSpot 07-06-2009 05:58 PM

KICKASS! Damn, wish I woulda got my hands on this one! I did drive by it a hundred times wondering if it was for sale. Glad it's in good hands Keith. If I can help on any of these hit me up.

msgross 07-06-2009 06:25 PM

nice start..

Hart_Rod 07-06-2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n2billet (Post 3397494)

You don't have a good stock BB hiding up in the attic that I could stop and pick up on my way back to FL, do ya? :lol:

Painter D 07-06-2009 07:38 PM

I'm diggin it.

Palf70Step 07-06-2009 07:46 PM

Very nice. I am looking forward to seeing this build.

STP67-72 07-06-2009 08:49 PM

Hey Keith
Hazel looks good to me. Do not touch the paint. Are you going to pull motor and detail under hood or you leaving as is. The firewall would wax up pretty good. I have been wondering about the gold 68. The one you stold from your son, i mean took back. Poor kid. I know the 67 will be ready for Goodguys??? Also how is the shop going at the house. Good luck with all of it. What kind of goodies do you need for 67. I have a few parts i might cut loose of.
Later

n2billet 07-06-2009 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 short step (Post 3398204)
im in for the build :)

Great, what time can I expect you at the house to help! :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hart_Rod (Post 3398297)
You don't have a good stock BB hiding up in the attic that I could stop and pick up on my way back to FL, do ya? :lol:

I'll look ;) PC is real close to Destin! Might have to deliver!

Quote:

Originally Posted by STP67-72 (Post 3398494)
Hey Keith
Hazel looks good to me. Do not touch the paint. Are you going to pull motor and detail under hood or you leaving as is. The firewall would wax up pretty good. I have been wondering about the gold 68. The one you stold from your son, i mean took back. Poor kid. I know the 67 will be ready for Goodguys??? Also how is the shop going at the house. Good luck with all of it. What kind of goodies do you need for 67. I have a few parts i might cut loose of.
Later

Not going to touch the paint......I didn't steal anything from the kid......he has a very nice 79 Blazer with a new interior to bounce around in now ;) Besides I think he has his eyes set on this one but this is going to be my driver while I work on the gold 68 and yes I have been working on it......the 67 will be at GoodGuys this year....don't know if I have time to detail the motor...might be going back overseas for the job again :waah:

STP67-72 07-06-2009 09:40 PM

I new you put him in a nice 2wd blazer a while back. I was wondering what you and Ken have been doing. I changed jobs the first of March and work 10-40 hours a week OT. My truck time has been changed up a lot. I have not even finished my shop. I have a 67 step that i am going to try to have at good guys this year. It has a little more patina than yours. To much. Yours is perfect. I am going to do a Quicky on it. I hope. I am in the process of getting rid of about 4-5 projects. Due to no time. Keep the pictures coming.