The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Need some help, hope you guys can help me out! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=764736)

Chris04 05-30-2018 03:45 PM

Need some help, hope you guys can help me out!

Hey guys, I’ve searched and can not seem to find what I’m looking for! I have a 67 pickup that I want to add the chrome hood trim across the front and on the sides beside headlight bezels. I’m not sure where to drill holes for the side pieces, I can figure out the hood piece being it has studs in it, just wondering if anyone has any measurements or any pics of theirs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chris

demian5 05-30-2018 04:07 PM

Re: Need some help, hope you guys can help me out!

Having the trim and retainers should answer your questions. And searching for fender pictures should do it.

Chris04 05-30-2018 09:00 PM

Ok so I got the side little ones mounted and they look great but the top hood trim is going to be a different animal. Does anyone have a pic of a hood with the factory holes so I can get a idea of where to drill holes! It’s so hard to hold the trim to the edge of hood with the studs sticking out and get an idea of where it’s suppose to be drilled. It almost looks like it’s suppose to be in the crease. Any help appreciated I could not find a pic with holes anywhere, just holes for letters! Thanks

Chris

Chris04 05-31-2018 10:51 AM

I’m surprised no one on here has any pics.

Coley 05-31-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris04 (Post 8272033)
I’m surprised no one on here has any pics.

Be patient....no one is necessarily running out to their trucks to take immediate pics for your request.
As time allows, the guys should be able to help you out....so hang in there.

All good
Coley

Chris04 05-31-2018 01:01 PM

I don’t expect anyone to run out and take pics just for me, I just figured there are plenty of ppl who have done the same thing I have and would have old pics or a guide someone gave them to go by. Didn’t mean to rush anyone, just needed some help. Thanks

OARNGESI 05-31-2018 01:47 PM

Just tape it in place and outline it with a pencil for a guide

Chris04 05-31-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OARNGESI (Post 8272143)
Just tape it in place and outline it with a pencil for a guide

Wish I could, prob is the studs stick out an inch and I can’t lay it flat to see where to drill holes, I tried removing studs and no way to, they are all on a long sleeve made inside of it, I ordered it from lmc and it doesn’t look like it will fit very well as it is, aftermarket stuff can be good and bad, just on the edge with drilling holes in my hood and messing up.

LockDoc 05-31-2018 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
-
Don't know if you can get anything from this or not. From the assembly manual.

If you buy an assembly manual buy the CD version because you can search it for key words. I just typed in the word "Hood".

LockDoc

demian5 05-31-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 8272204)
-

If you buy an assembly manual buy the CD version because you can search it for key words. I just typed in the word "Hood".

LockDoc

Its not gonna get much better than that. It has actual dimensions.

zosoppp 05-31-2018 03:08 PM

Make some sort of paper template by poking the paper over the back of the trim piece studs. Mark the ends or other important alignment locations on the paper then put the template on the body part and you should have a location for the hole centers.

Chris04 05-31-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 8272204)
-

LockDoc

That’s perfect!! Thanks so much.

Chris

Chris04 05-31-2018 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zosoppp (Post 8272216)
Make some sort of paper template by poking the paper over the back of the trim piece studs. Mark the ends or other important alignment locations on the paper then put the template on the body part and you should have a location for the hole centers.

Great idea! Thanks man

CC69Rat 05-31-2018 07:55 PM

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=444414&page=3

Post # 68 might help to kinda see where the holes should be drilled. These are factory GM parts, original holes.

Harleys 4 You 10-02-2018 09:41 PM

ttt