The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Chevy trucks at the Spokane Speed and Custom show today. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=761866)

mr48chev 04-16-2018 01:46 AM

The Chevy trucks at the Spokane Speed and Custom show today.

2 Attachment(s)
I got a wild hair when I got up this morning, grabbed the camera bag, put my Trog shirt on and headed out the door to Spokane after Jacking my wife's Monte Carlo. Three hours and 165 or so miles later I was at the Spokane Expo center and ready to absorb chrome and candy paint for the day.

There weren't a whole lot of AD trucks and only one TF and a couple of later models that were nice. Most of the AD trucks were super nice trucks.

This little red orange one with the flames has been a staple item at the Portland Roadster show for years and I only took a couple of shots of it

mr48chev 04-16-2018 01:52 AM

Re: The Chevy trucks at the Spokane Speed and Custom show today.

4 Attachment(s)
This one was in the patina class pretty much by it's self in this show so he probably went home with a trophy. Fender looked like someone had beat on the inside with a ball pein hammer to get the little dents to stick out. Louvers are real close to mine in appearance but who ever did them had a better die than the guy who did mine.

mr48chev 04-16-2018 02:06 AM

5 Attachment(s)
This little green one just flat caught my attention. I am not a big fan of signs on truck doors unless they actually reflect the family business past or present simply meaning that if your Grandad Leroy had a garage called Leroy's garage and you have that on your doors that is cool but a sign that has no meaning isn't so cool.

This particular truck looks like you might have seen it sitting at a local Texaco when it was almost brand new And it's sharp looks would have attracted customers and built confidence. Everything about it was nice and there were some real tricks like the air cleaner setup.

mr48chev 04-16-2018 02:15 AM

5 Attachment(s)
This little 48 is sweet. Chopped 2 inches, great paint and it has an S-10 Blazer front stub on it and runs 4 wheel drive.

The gent that owns it told me my camera would break when I took his photo.

mr48chev 04-16-2018 02:23 AM

4 Attachment(s)
A couple more shots of the copper 48.

The little green TF belongs to a member of an all girls/ladies car club and was the lone TF in the show.

mr48chev 04-16-2018 02:34 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Three Chevy trucks that are slightly OT but sweet. The yellow 67 (I think) was close to perfection all around. The blue square body is just one really nice truck. What can you say about a Jet shiny black 59 Elkie, packing a W motor with 3 2 barrels and a 4 speed? All I can think of is Wow.

The little Cycle Kart is just flat sweet and really shows some workmanship. I am gathering pieces to build one and will probably have it running next year. I am going to have to bust my tail to have it that nice though.

I haven't uploaded the rest of the photos to a photo host yet but will work on it over the next couple of days and post the link.

mr48chev 04-16-2018 02:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is OT as far as the car goes but I had to share it for folks to see the extent of what the show car folks do to show off their handiwork.
The rotor didn't have even one mark from a brake pad stopping it from turning. I was thinking that they swapped the rotor while setting up the display.

MiraclePieCo 04-16-2018 02:44 AM

Nice stuff. Thanks for taking us along with you.

gigamanx 04-16-2018 02:33 PM

Thanks for the pics. Love the louvers on the patina truck. That is a cool idea!

joedoh 04-16-2018 06:18 PM

thanks for the pics!

I wondered how he had so much room between the column and the seat on this one and realized he stretched the cab

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1523858294

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1523858139

looks like very nice work!

MARTINSR 04-16-2018 06:26 PM

Some sweet rides there!

Brian

mr48chev 04-16-2018 07:56 PM

I didn't notice that the cab on the green truck was stretched. There used to be a red one in the Seattle area with a stretched cab but it was a full tilt show truck with chrome everything on the chassis.

I've started working on the rest of the photos getting them in an album on Smugmug Here is the link but I have about 250 photos go go with slow internet at home.
https://robertdavison.smugmug.com/20...d-Custom-Show/

ebernst 04-22-2018 10:57 PM

Really great photos! I really like the interior of the stretched green truck. it looks like custom leather all the way around, correct?

mr48chev 04-23-2018 12:30 AM

I believe it was or one great imitation of nice leather. I wanted to get better photos but the way things were set I couldn't do it. That looked like a seat you could make a lot of miles in a day on and not be wore out when you got there.

hogfarm 04-23-2018 06:26 AM

I love the 59 El Camino.I know where there is 1,that was damaged after barn fell down,it is ruff.but the guy wanted $1100.just to much