The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   Our Custom Blazer Build By Livrat Customs (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=716276)

Truckseats 08-28-2016 01:35 PM

Our Custom Blazer Build By Livrat Customs

4 Attachment(s)
I bought this 1970 blazer from Mark some years ago. At the time he had already converted it from 4wd to 2wd. We agreed that when I received the blazer it would be running and driving under the power of a 350 small block and have all of the rust fixed. We got a little side tracked!

After talking with and working with Mark it became obvious to me that he was the only one to do the build for us, although at the time I didn't have a real clear vision on which direction I wanted to go. I knew I wanted a fairly quick, somewhat obnoxious 2wd blazer. Not so obnoxious it was a chore to drive but more of an attention getter. Mark nailed it!

We ended up upgrading to a 454 with Edelbrock Performer RPM Cam and RPM Air Gap Intake. Stans Tri-Y Headers breathing through 2 1/2" stainless pipe and stainless Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow mufflers. Turbo 400 transmission with shift kit and a B&M Holeshot 3000 RPM stall converter. We also added a 3.73 posi rear end.

Added factory tilt, tachometer, and vacuum gauges. Upgraded to a Flaming River tilt column with a Budnik steering wheel to match the Budnik wheels. We also had Mark change out the dash for us and add factory air.

The front suspension has 2 1/2" drop spindles and shortened coil springs. The rear has been relocated on top of the stock springs.

The wheels are Budnik Teardrops. 20" x 8.5" in the front and 20" x 10" in the rear. Toyo proxes tires.

In the end Mark completed a complete frame off restoration for us. The frame was powercoated and not a single bolt was left untouched. The amount of metal work Mark did on this build was truly amazing. The pictures he sent were scary and impressive! We have well over a thousand pictures and hopefully we will both continue to add some more pictures to this thread. I hope to do the interior this winter and have it ready for spring.

I definitely look forward to our next project with Livrat Customs!

Truckseats 08-28-2016 01:37 PM

Re: Our Custom Blazer Build By Livrat Customs

5 Attachment(s)
After!

lolife99 08-28-2016 02:00 PM

Beautiful blazer

lks dcvn 08-28-2016 02:09 PM

Wow! Very nice Blazer. Is there an album of the progress pix online?

71swb4x4 08-28-2016 02:26 PM

What's that silver thing on the top, above the seats? ;)
NICE Blazer. A 1968 2wd has always been near the top of my list. I think it looks so cool with the factory trim. It truly looks like a slightly modified factory 1968 Blazer. Great job! There aren't many non 67-72 guys that would have any idea that the trim, fenders, hood, grille, etc didn't come on a Blazer like that from the factory.

Beau2a 08-28-2016 02:59 PM

Nicely done. Can't wait for more pictures. 👍

dbilly 08-28-2016 08:50 PM

Sweet color combo
Posted via Mobile Device

Twisted78SS 08-28-2016 11:17 PM

Mad Skills Mark, he doesn't know it but I gave him that nickname many years ago when working with him on mine. Awesome to see another blazer hit the streets! Congrats on a killer ride

CG 08-29-2016 08:43 AM

Wow, that turned out soooo nice. I saw it a few times in the build process, pretty cool to watch progress. I don't remember the lower section being black though. I think it is a really cool touch though.

Nice job Mark!

Tom Vogel 08-29-2016 09:08 AM

Wow

DeadheadNM 08-29-2016 09:18 AM

Congrats -looks great! More pics please.

Truckseats 08-30-2016 11:36 AM

Thanks! We have lots of pictures. We will get some more posted as soon as we have time.

Truckseats 08-30-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lks dcvn (Post 7696573)
Wow! Very nice Blazer. Is there an album of the progress pix online?

Thank you. No album but I will post quite a few more pictures here.

Truckseats 08-30-2016 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 (Post 7696587)
What's that silver thing on the top, above the seats? ;)
NICE Blazer. A 1968 2wd has always been near the top of my list. I think it looks so cool with the factory trim. It truly looks like a slightly modified factory 1968 Blazer. Great job! There aren't many non 67-72 guys that would have any idea that the trim, fenders, hood, grille, etc didn't come on a Blazer like that from the factory.

You are so right, I have already had to explain the 1968 blazer concept to quite a few people!

Truckseats 08-30-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 7697601)
Wow, that turned out soooo nice. I saw it a few times in the build process, pretty cool to watch progress. I don't remember the lower section being black though. I think it is a really cool touch though.

Nice job Mark!

The black was a last minute add I had been thinking about but wasn't sure on. After staring at the photoshop picture long enough we went for it. I'm sure glad we did, it adds a real nice touch with the lower trim.

lyrikz 08-30-2016 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truckseats (Post 7696541)
I bought this 1970 blazer from Mark some years ago. At the time he had already converted it from 4wd to 2wd. We agreed that when I received the blazer it would be running and driving under the power of a 350 small block and have all of the rust fixed. We got a little side tracked!

After talking with and working with Mark it became obvious to me that he was the only one to do the build for us, although at the time I didn't have a real clear vision on which direction I wanted to go. I knew I wanted a fairly quick, somewhat obnoxious 2wd blazer. Not so obnoxious it was a chore to drive but more of an attention getter. Mark nailed it!

We ended up upgrading to a 454 with Edelbrock Performer RPM Cam and RPM Air Gap Intake. Stans Tri-Y Headers breathing through 2 1/2" stainless pipe and stainless Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow mufflers. Turbo 400 transmission with shift kit and a B&M Holeshot 3000 RPM stall converter. We also added a 3.73 posi rear end.

Added factory tilt, tachometer, and vacuum gauges. Upgraded to a Flaming River tilt column with a Budnik steering wheel to match the Budnik wheels. We also had Mark change out the dash for us and add factory air.

The front suspension has 2 1/2" drop spindles and shortened coil springs. The rear has been relocated on top of the stock springs.

The wheels are Budnik Teardrops. 20" x 8.5" in the front and 20" x 10" in the rear. Toyo proxes tires.

In the end Mark completed a complete frame off restoration for us. The frame was powercoated and not a single bolt was left untouched. The amount of metal work Mark did on this build was truly amazing. The pictures he sent were scary and impressive! We have well over a thousand pictures and hopefully we will both continue to add some more pictures to this thread. I hope to do the interior this winter and have it ready for spring.

I definitely look forward to our next project with Livrat Customs!

I got to see this blazer first hand. So nice. This i believe is Marks last blazer build also.

Truckseats 08-30-2016 09:32 PM

4 Attachment(s)
These were photos of the blazer once it was converted, but it hadn't seen the rust issues dealt with yet.

Truckseats 08-30-2016 09:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
More

Truckseats 08-30-2016 09:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Then I got scared. I seem to remember receiving these pictures with some sort of a wise crack! Talk about a guy having some mad skills!

Beau2a 08-30-2016 09:46 PM

Wow! Hard to believe your beatiful blazer came from that. Got some skills.

tristan 08-31-2016 04:59 AM

What happened to your convertible top?

Livrat 08-31-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tristan (Post 7699721)
What happened to your convertible top?

It got tossed, the frame work was all bent up and was missing pieces

Qwk 08-31-2016 11:36 AM

Incredible skills! Congrats on the Awesome Blazer!!:metal:

jeffg1010 01-03-2018 01:44 AM

Man, beautiful Blazer. I had to go searching to find it. I was wondering if you ever used that Mar-K trim that you bought on here. Looks like you put it to good use! Wish mine were that far along. Any updates since the last posting?

scf100 01-17-2018 10:04 PM

Old thread but worth bringing back.

Awesome build