The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Rock Auto Sale (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=777348)

trukman1 12-17-2018 10:36 AM

Rock Auto Sale

I just wanted to give a heads up on Rock Auto sale.

I purchased six KYB shocks along with their steering stabilizer, Energy Suspension bushings for stabilizer bar and front/rear leaf springs/shackles and 3" stainless steel nerf steps (K5 Blazer size) for about $500. Looked up prices locally and online and items would have cost over $900.

Note: I could have bought suspension bushings locally and saved paying the shipping charges.

Just thought I'd share what I think are some good deals.

Edited to correct price paid.

Palf70Step 12-17-2018 10:46 AM

Re: Rock Auto Sale

I have never need to buy in bulkj from Rock Auto, but the prices were always good. The thing that always seemed to kill me liking them is their shipping costs. Always seemed overly high. Glad you got a good deal.

trukman1 12-17-2018 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palf70Step (Post 8407092)
I have never need to buy in bulkj from Rock Auto, but the prices were always good. The thing that always seemed to kill me liking them is their shipping costs. Always seemed overly high. Glad you got a good deal.

I agree, the shipping took a lot of the "deal" out of it but it still worked out to a substantial saving for parts I was intending to buy eventually. I was planning to buy these parts later "as needed" since my garage is starting to look like a parts store but for the savings I went ahead and bought now. The nerf bars were the biggest saving. I got the stainless steel. BIG savings on those and the shocks. Like I said though, bushings, not so much.

cruizin01 12-17-2018 11:42 AM

FYI. Summit will price match RockAuto if they are listed as more expensive. You get better service and free shipping if you spend $100. You do have to call them but they've always been good to deal with imo.

trukman1 12-17-2018 12:22 PM

Darn! Now you tell me!

I'll keep that in mind from now on. Didn't know that and would have saved a bunch on shipping!

Just when I think I finally got the best deal...

Thanks for the information.

trukman1 12-17-2018 12:25 PM

AND I placed an order to Summit RIGHT afterwards!
I wish I knew the things you guys know before I spend money!
Feel like I've wasted as much as I've thought I'd saved (or even spent!)

TKCR 12-17-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trukman1 (Post 8407136)
Darn! Now you tell me!

I'll keep that in mind from now on. Didn't know that and would have saved a bunch on shipping!

Just when I think I finally got the best deal...

Thanks for the information.

And they have a store right here in Ohio!! Been there once, it was like being a kid in a candy store.