The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Electrical (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Color Wiring Diagram FINISHED (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=185856)

bac1755 02-16-2009 01:52 PM

Re: Color Wiring Diagram FINISHED

does anyone know if there is a diagram out there showing what amp fuses go in what spot? for some reason my fuse block doesn't say. i think its been replaced.

blukangoo 02-16-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bac1755 (Post 3148025)
does anyone know if there is a diagram out there showing what amp fuses go in what spot? for some reason my fuse block doesn't say. i think its been replaced.

Does it look like the one from Krue?

If you look real close you can see the ratings next to them.

bac1755 02-16-2009 03:49 PM

it does look like the one from krue without any markings.

blukangoo 02-16-2009 04:01 PM

I donīt have my users guide here at home but the ratings should be in there.
Maybe someone has one at home and they could scribble them down real quick? ;-)

If I have time tomorrow I will get a better picture up from mine.
----------------------------------------

By The Way:

I changed the links again so they will work. Here they are:
Filedropper didnīt work so I changed the link to Boomspeed. I tested it and it should work now.
A window should pop up asking if you want to open the PDF or save it.

Engine
Bulkhead (Part 1)
Bulkhead (Part 2)
Rear Lighting
Master Plan

Good Luck!

Twisted78SS 02-16-2009 04:36 PM

I too can post them on my sites, the more the coverage the better!

Pm me and I'll get to it right away.

Drew

rick1956 02-20-2009 08:40 AM

I've got plenty of space on my website as well, and no ads. Give a holler if you'd like me to post it for you.

BTW, for anyone that needs a reader, there is a much better alternative than using the standard reader from Adobe. The Adobe version takes forever to load up on some people's machines.

The better alternative is Foxit Reader. It's fast, it's free, and it works great!

And no--I don't get anything for tooting their horn... ;-)

72blue 02-25-2009 06:12 PM

Justin, thanks for your help. Very very helpful.
James

blukangoo 02-26-2009 03:39 AM

Like I said, here is a picture of my fusebox. << Click for a bigger picture.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4993/fuseboxs.jpg

70gmcpickup 03-05-2009 04:08 PM

need daigram for starter on 68 c10 250 6 cylinder PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME THANKS

69time 03-25-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farside847 (Post 1552849)

Does anyone still have a copy or link to the hi/rez version of these available?
69C25

blukangoo 03-25-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69time (Post 3218755)
Does anyone still have a copy or link to the hi/rez version of these available?
69C25

Welcome to the board.

Go check out post #117 in this thread. I think you will find the answer there.

CSGAS 03-31-2009 02:36 PM

I need to start by thanking everyone who's put time in on setting these diagrams up...I thought I'd be able to make a contribution, but the Master diagram by itself is a work of art, and the other 4 pieces have made it easy to carry around exactly the diagram I need for the place I'm standing at--or laying on the ground under.

I have come to a sudden realization though. The truck i bought has been converted from the generator spec'd in the diagram, to a later internal regualted alternator and the back wired into itself with the single sensing wire run, in what I've come to know as the "right way" for a one-wire daily driver system...but I'm more familiar with installing those from scratch than with viewing someone else's retrofit into a factory harness...what circuit paths get cut out when the external regulator gets bypassed? Anything I need to look at patching back in, or to double check the previous owner's work? The ignition system is currently staying points for a while...HEI &/or adding an MSD box will be one of my summer projects.

My reason for finding the discrepancy came from a "crank but won't run" issue along with headlight and brake light circuits out, and low battery charge...found an hidden break (no burnmarks or heat, just apparently folded back on itself too much in the last 40ish years) in the positive lead to the junction block (and great I haven't used my soldering iron's for so long it's decided to have a similar problem!) so I'm catching a ride to the local parts store tonight for a cable. Man, I'm gonna give that smiley playing the violin a workout...somebody fill his tip jar, please!:waah:

CSGAS 04-02-2009 12:39 AM

UPDATE: I discovered the 67's were the last year for the generators in the diagram, my 70 was supposed to have an external regulated alternator. Still working on it.

thedon769 04-11-2009 08:46 PM

great work , can you please send a copy of the diagrams it wolud be very much appreciated

email : juliusfranklin06@aol.com

thedon769 04-11-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedon769 (Post 3251667)
great work , can you please send a copy of the diagrams it wolud be very much appreciated

:chevy:

blukangoo 04-12-2009 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedon769 (Post 3251667)

You can get them yourself.
Go up to post #128 and download them.

69time 04-21-2009 01:33 PM

Can anyone tell me of another wire that supplies 12 volts (only when ignition is on) other than the ignition wire? Trying to connect my holley 600 autochoke wiring without stealing the power from my distributor..

blukangoo 04-22-2009 04:39 PM

I would just leave it like it is. The choke doesnīt use that much power.
The only other spot in the engine compartment is from the starter but thatīs where the coil gets itīs power too.

blukangoo 04-22-2009 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tried to get a picture in but I canīt edit after 5 Minutes.
Here it is.
I have an Edelbrock and I get the power from the coil too and she runs fine.

fixit-p 04-22-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69time (Post 3270179)
Can anyone tell me of another wire that supplies 12 volts (only when ignition is on) other than the ignition wire? Trying to connect my holley 600 autochoke wiring without stealing the power from my distributor..

On my 69 I got my power from the hot side of my TH400 kick down if you have a turbo 400 with electric kick down you could do the same I stayed away from the coil because the heater element is a resistive load.

RootBreaker 06-11-2009 09:19 AM

anything like this for the late 70's early 80's truck????

Primed67 09-08-2009 02:39 PM

ok, I'm re-wiring my truck with a painful, I mean painless kit. i have figured most of the stuff out with the help of the diagrams on here. Much thanks for that but I still have a question. It shows the cluster with dummy lights installed and higher up on the page, the layout of the cluster with guages. There are 2wires i'm confused on the blk/brn ones; one says to the alternator and the other says to the terminal by the battery. I imagine i will have to run a few new wires. I have done the changeover to an internaly regulated alternator so what post does this wire need to be run to or where do I tie it in? The wire to the terminal by the battery, does it just run to the junction box? Thanks in advance and great job on the diagrams!!

ka24deroadster 09-21-2009 03:39 PM

On my truck and the wiring diagram there is a black wire that runs from the firewall junction block to the junction block next to the battery. There is a black/white wire that runs from the firewall junction block and splices into the red Power wire that runs from the battery to the firewall. The diagram for the cab does not have anything shown for the terminal to the black and black/white wires. What do these wires do? Where do they go to under the dash?

SAILOR-ERL 09-30-2009 11:45 PM

is the diagram the same for the 73 c10 as well?? im looking for it im still cant find it.

Twisted78SS 10-01-2009 09:57 AM

From another thread, CaptKaos posted these from his site

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/sm...?topic=11766.0