The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Site Feedback and Announcements (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   This website (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=810518)

GMCNUT 08-13-2020 06:37 PM

This website

Does anyone ever get tired of this site turning your photos 90 degrees unlike every other site on the net where the same iphone shots upload fine exactly as they were? Ever get tired of trying to post the tiny 5 allowed pictures to sell anything and getting a time out because this antique site can't handle the files sizes? So tired of all the pain you have to endure to post anything but text here

LostMy65 08-13-2020 07:57 PM

Re: This website

Maybe try making your signature longer. ;)

factorystock 08-13-2020 08:06 PM

That signature is very impressive, they all are highly optioned units, very good taste GMCNUT! Those RSD's on the Jimmy's are neat items!

nsb29 08-13-2020 08:19 PM

If I take pictures with my phone horizontally no problem if the phone is vertical they are sideways go figure

cwcarpenter98 08-13-2020 08:33 PM

I just upload each picture individually and it works pretty quick. I also just take photos horizontally with the top of the phone to the left and my pictures always turn up right on the site and on my laptop

Dieselwrencher 08-13-2020 08:43 PM

Sometimes my phone does that too. I think there is a setting you can change on the phone to stop that. I have another site I'm on that does it on every pic so it isn't the site IMO.

slepysal 08-14-2020 12:44 AM

short answer.... not really:metal:

GMCNUT 08-14-2020 11:25 AM

sorry for the rant post anyway. I upload 20+ images free on Craigslist and Facebook with no issues and the phone turned upright, but here I pay annually a decent sum and can't even upload 5. Something doesn't compute about that

Liz 08-14-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCNUT (Post 8791970)
sorry for the rant post anyway. I upload 20+ images free on Craigslist and Facebook with no issues and the phone turned upright, but here I pay annually a decent sum and can't even upload 5. Something doesn't compute about that

I should be more professional, but I am multi tasking today. I don't know if I want to laugh, or just let you rant on.

So you think that this site should have the same resources as facebook and craigslist? That in itself speaks volumes. By all means, please log out and go spend your money on ebay if its such an issue. I am sure the prices would be about the same for you... 130 here , 10% final valuation on ebay. We seriously overcharge for it all..

Posts like this make me wish Josh did sell out to the big guys years ago. You probably could have uploaded 7 pics the right direction if he did. And I could be sitting in my backyard oasis not giving a crap either way :)

nsb29 08-14-2020 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz (Post 8791977)
i should be more professional, but i am multi tasking today. I don't know if i want to laugh, or just let you rant on.

So you think that this site should have the same resources as facebook and craigslist? That in itself speaks volumes. By all means, please log out and go spend your money on ebay if its such an issue. I am sure the prices would be about the same for you... 130 here , 10% final valuation on ebay. We seriously overcharge for it all..

Posts like this make me wish josh did sell out to the big guys years ago. You probably could have uploaded 7 pics the right direction if he did. And i could be sitting in my backyard oasis not giving a crap either way :)

lmao

Getter-Done 08-14-2020 05:59 PM

There are simple solutions to these to each of these problems .
:chevy:

Steeveedee 08-14-2020 08:37 PM

I always put my pictures into MSPaint (yeah, I know) to crop them, and save them with a real file name instead of 20234087057_iyuoowewuyg. My pictures never spin out, that way.

Richard 08-15-2020 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8792222)
I always put my pictures into MSPaint (yeah, I know) to crop them, and save them with a real file name instead of 20234087057_iyuoowewuyg. My pictures never spin out, that way.

I do the same. Once transferred from phone. Rename. Right click, "open with" MS paint. Then save. Upload fine. Do not even have to resize.

special-K 08-15-2020 08:39 AM

I have posted pictures that are upright, taken with a camera, in my folders and have it land sideways here. I don't know what causes it but I never thought to blame this website.

I can post 5 pictures per post, no problem... ever. It's a simple matter of uploading one at a time. It takes about a minute. I figure there are 60 of those every hour, which will always seem quick to me. I still see it as very easy compared to the effort it takes to do other necessities.

You pay extra to use this site to sell for profit, right? I figure if you aren't getting enough back out of that it's time to do a cost effective evaluation. If this site seems low-budget on how it functions, maybe that's because there aren't ads between every stinkin' post. I have been on forums where you can only view post or view pictures as a subscribed member. Here anyione can post pictures and non-subscribers can see your items for sale and buy them. I don't see those other sites having any better functions than here. On Craigslist I have to post one image, publish, then go back to edit in the next picture. Repeat process until I have all pictures posted. Here, you post 5 in the first post, then post sets of 5 in as many posts as needed until they are all up.

I will always be amazed at how spoiled computers have made us. I like to keep my own way of seeing and feeling in check by looking back and the old ways to find my happiness. Problem is, it doesn't work all that well. I think I'd rather go back to the inconvenience and a happier society that was thankful for what it had

Killer Bee 08-15-2020 01:33 PM

that's not a very nice way to ask Boog for a flip but hey, we all have a bad once in a while..

LostMy65 08-15-2020 04:05 PM

I second the post about this site and the benefit of not getting spammed and slammed with ads.
I do most my browsing mobile, and so many forums have ads that dominate the screen.
Oh, and I'd much rather buy and sell here than eBay.
I have been burned twice on eBay. I'm sure it was because of my inexperience, but that's why I prefer here, the people on this site aren't looking for ways to rip people off, and if they are, they get banned.

Getter-Done 08-15-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostMy65 (Post 8792607)
I second the post about this site and the benefit of not getting spammed and slammed with ads.
I do most my browsing mobile, and so many forums have ads that dominate the screen.
Oh, and I'd much rather buy and sell here than eBay.
I have been burned twice on eBay. I'm sure it was because of my inexperience, but that's why I prefer here, the people on this site aren't looking for ways to rip people off, and if they are, they get banned.

:metal::agree:

YBNORML 08-15-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LostMy65 (Post 8791654)
Maybe try making your signature longer. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 8791977)
I should be more professional, but I am multi tasking today. I don't know if I want to laugh, or just let you rant on.

Posts like this make me wish Josh did sell out to the big guys years ago. You probably could have uploaded 7 pics the right direction if he did. And I could be sitting in my backyard oasis not giving a crap either way :)

Sometimes I really wish this site had a like button!!!!!

lolife99 08-15-2020 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ybnorml (Post 8792653)
sometimes i really wish this site had a like button!!!!!

x2

Steeveedee 08-15-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard (Post 8792344)
I do the same. Once transferred from phone. Rename. Right click, "open with" MS paint. Then save. Upload fine. Do not even have to resize.

There is one other benefit to doing that. The pictures you take on a phone may have the location embedded in them. Adam Savage of MythBusters took a picture of something at his house and got visitors who tracked him down. He had moved by the time the person(s) visited his old house. Somehow running them through paint removes the geographical information. That's something that I'm going to check on my pics.

From wikipedia-

"To find an image's exif data, right-click the photo and select either “properties” or “information”. If the GPS coordinates appear, simply type them into Google Maps to find the location."

Getter-Done 08-15-2020 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeveedee (Post 8792737)
There is one other benefit to doing that. The pictures you take on a phone may have the location embedded in them. Adam Savage of MythBusters took a picture of something at his house and got visitors who tracked him down. He had moved by the time the person(s) visited his old house. Somehow running them through paint removes the geographical information. That's something that I'm going to check on my pics.

From wikipedia-

"To find an image's exif data, right-click the photo and select either “properties” or “information”. If the GPS coordinates appear, simply type them into Google Maps to find the location."

You are Spot on that Statement:metal:

Getter-Done 08-15-2020 07:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LIKE BUTTON>

I agree.

Attachment 2040984

68bowtie 08-15-2020 11:25 PM

I share the sentiment of the original poster. That doesn’t mean I need to be reminded of the much more numerous positive attributes of the site. That I agree with as well. All I’m saying is I think it’s a valid point, and it’s healthy to be open to hearing thoughts and opinions, and the site owners have a right to address or ignore them as they see fit.

franken 08-16-2020 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liz (Post 8791977)

I love the response. A personality. A human. Yay.

Liz 08-16-2020 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 8792864)
I share the sentiment of the original poster. That doesn’t mean I need to be reminded of the much more numerous positive attributes of the site. That I agree with as well. All I’m saying is I think it’s a valid point, and it’s healthy to be open to hearing thoughts and opinions, and the site owners have a right to address or ignore them as they see fit.

Already addressed in my post. We are not fb etc. We do not have those resources. Josh has already addressed the site upgrades in other posts as well. Everyone has a right to their opinion. That includes those that are happy and discussing the positive instead of just complaining.