The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Scored a Four Wheel Camper (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=677785)

cleszkie 07-27-2015 03:14 PM

Scored a Four Wheel Camper

So my neighbor says he has a buddy whose uncle just passed away. This uncle supposidly bought a Four Wheel Camper new for his 73 Blazer back in 1984. Had it on the Blazer for a few years and then removed it and stored it in his garage for the past 20 or so years due to suffering from multiple sclerosis and not being able to drive.

This all sounded great but I had my doubts as to what kind of camper it really was or what condition it was in. Anyways, I go over to the uncle's house with the buddy and he opens the garage door and voila! There it is! A very clean and original Four Wheel Camper "Blazer" edition sitting on a wooden dolly with rolling casters. The cushons are perfect, the interior is great, and the vinyl on the pop-up is immaculate. The only down side is that I will probably have to have all of the appliances checked out after sitting so long.

So now I'm wondering what the widow wants to get out of it. I came prepared to shell out a few grand if I felt it was worth it, and is was. But before I could make an offer, the buddy (who is an old friend of the widows family) said she would be happy with $500 if I would just get it out of the garage! SOLD! Going to pick it up next weekend after I get some camper jacks installed on it to make installation a breeze. I know this never happened without pictures, so I will post some up as soon as I can.

hemi43 07-27-2015 03:47 PM

Re: Scored a Four Wheel Camper

Looking forward to some pics !

CHEVY_DUDE 07-28-2015 02:39 AM

Awesome :metal: Can't wait to see what it looks like.

Ol Blue K20 07-28-2015 09:05 AM

Waiting for pics, congratulations on a nice find.

cleszkie 07-28-2015 12:38 PM

I will take a ton of pictures when I pick it up this Saturday. This camper will probably never come off my Blazer, as my wife, son, and I love to back country camp. I already have a 28' Class C RV, but it always seems to limit were we can go. Now we can get way off the beaten path!

Chulisohombre 08-04-2015 09:01 AM

Do you have a 73 to put it on? The top fits different on that truck than a 69-72. For that price I would find a truck to put it on though. If you were willing to spend a few grand on it buy a few grand 73-75 to throw it on.

cleszkie 08-17-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chulisohombre (Post 7263314)
Do you have a 73 to put it on? The top fits different on that truck than a 69-72. For that price I would find a truck to put it on though. If you were willing to spend a few grand on it buy a few grand 73-75 to throw it on.

The camper fits just fine on my 72. The only thing I had to do was cut down an old double wall top to enclose the front.

cleszkie 08-17-2015 01:06 PM

I know everyone is waiting for pictures, and I should have some really good ones once my wife sends me the ones she took on our first trip. Driveway pictures are boring, so the first pictures are actual action shots with the camper in use.

We loaded the K5 up and drove to Sedona Arizona for our first trip with the camper. It was a 1200 mile round trip from Orange County, California in the searing heat of the Mojave Desert (110+ degrees), but the K5 and camper made it with flying colors while cruising at 70 mph at 2500 rpm and maintaining a water temp of 205 degrees (peaking out at 215 degrees on some of the long uphill pulls), thanks to my new 383 stroker, BeCool aluminum radiator, dual electric fans, and Gear Vendors overdrive. The wind noise from the camper was surprisingly quiet on the freeway, I would say it was actually quieter than having just the hard top on. And that was with a Thule roof pod, and my son's bike secured to the roof rack.

Everything in the camper worked perfectly, and I got a lot of compliments and questions from people during the whole trip. I even did some mild four wheeling in the back country of Sedona to see the red rock formations up close. Got pictures of that too.

Pictures coming very soon.....

Chulisohombre 08-17-2015 03:22 PM

Ok I wasn't sure how you modded it to fit. The bedrails will line up as I had a 80s blazer top on mine for a while with the middle open and made a bikini top out of canvas to cover up the front seats in bad weather. I'm always wanting to see the campers. They are cool looking.

cleszkie 08-18-2015 01:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Pictures:

cleszkie 08-18-2015 01:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more:

NTR72GMC 08-18-2015 02:34 PM

Any interior pics?

fun in dirt 08-19-2015 02:11 PM