The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1960-1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   WI Full Stainless Dual exhaust for shortbed (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=746912)

BR3W CITY 09-19-2017 04:43 PM

Full Stainless Dual exhaust for shortbed

5 Attachment(s)
I have the complete exhaust that was being run in my truck before I went LS. This setup was in my '66 short step, and was attached to Hooker headers on the SBC that was in my truck. I removed the engine, and the exhuast is no use to my projects.

2.25 exhaust, stainless (except flange) and fully TIG welded. This is a true dual exhaust, with no xover. It keeps a fairly low profile, and clears the axle and all moving stuff on my old ~5" drop. It runs full length, and exits slightly downward at the tailgate.

Was previously running Magnaflow or Dynmax bullet-style mufflers, which went bad before any of the stainless pipes ever will. You can cut-back the slight flare on the pipe and run a slip-fit muffler, add a crossover, or weld a muffler directly to the flared area.

This is not a kit, and was built specifically for the 63-66 shortbed c10's (may fit early stuff too, but I KNOW it clears trailing arms).

Shipping can be done, but due to size there are certain costs associated.
Asking $370 plus shipping/freight. Can meet or arrange delivery locally.

BR3W CITY 10-04-2017 11:30 AM

Re: Full Stainless Dual exhaust for shortbed

meow
still available. Price is OBO. Shipping available at buyer expense.

Stepside6.5 10-17-2017 08:52 PM

I am interested but it may be November before I could purchase it if it is still available. I get paid once a month. So let me know at the end of the month if it's still available. Shipping would be to 43015 you can ship it to my work if it makes the shipping cheaper.

Thanks
Rick

BR3W CITY 10-17-2017 09:39 PM

Hey Rick, drop me a PM towards the end of the month once your ready. If the add is still up, I'll be glad to work out shipping it for you.
Thanks!

BR3W CITY 11-26-2017 06:49 PM

Still looking for a good home for this exhaust.

BR3W CITY 12-21-2017 12:07 PM

Who needs a new exhaust for xmas? Still for sale. We can make shipping easier by cutting the rear length in half to reduce oversize shipping costs if desired!

65TRUK 12-21-2017 11:15 PM

Couple questions: 1) were the Hooker Headers long tube or Shorties? 2) presently keeping my 65 short bed factory stance (no drop) and if I did do a drop it would only be 2 or 3 inches ..... keeping both scenarios in mind, would this SS set up work well on my truck? (I just don't know if the exhaust geometry is different or significantly different on lowered trucks?) Thanks,

BR3W CITY 12-22-2017 12:53 AM

They were Hooker swap headers, so short/mid, not full longtubes.
Unless you planned on going even lower than I was (5/6), then I don't see why the height is an issue. The taller truck has even more room below the lowest point.
As for how it would work, thats up to what your looking for. It'll add a few ponies over a stock style exhaust, and sizewise its meant for a modest motor under 400hp. It was setup with straight/bullet mufflers, and that in combo with the dual design makes for a pretty tight snappy exhaust.

BR3W CITY 01-29-2018 02:10 PM

She's still hanging in my rafters, bump!

BR3W CITY 04-10-2018 05:41 PM

Price lowered for the upcoming truck season.

BR3W CITY 06-03-2018 10:29 AM

Still have this exhaust hiding behind some stuff in my shop.

BR3W CITY 09-07-2018 11:55 AM

Still got this guy tucked away, who needs some stainless exhaust action? O.B.O