The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reverse light wiring ? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=691765)

67 chevelle 12-16-2015 09:55 AM

Reverse light wiring ?

I took out a 4 on the floor from a 67 , cant find the reverse switch wires , there is a yellow/orange and white wire coming from the bottom of the fuse panel , could that be it

68panelman 12-16-2015 10:30 AM

Re: Reverse light wiring ?

The yellow and white are for your interior cab light. The reverse lights "I believe" are purple and blue? and would be by your 4 spd coming from the firewall. If it still has the sm420 trans, its a one and last year deal for the reverse lights.

67 chevelle 12-16-2015 11:10 AM

I found a 4 spade connector with a green and black coming off but dont know were it splices in harness , which wire going to the back powers the reverse lights ?

ray_mcavoy 12-16-2015 05:57 PM

The reverse light wires should be dark and light green.

The dark green wire is the power feed that runs from the fuse box to the switch. Then the light green wire goes from the switch back to the lights.

With the 4-speed trans, those dark & light green wires both run through the engine harness bulkhead connector on the firewall. That takes them outside the cab and to a 2-terminal plug that connects to the switch on the trans. Inside the cab, the light green wire just runs a short ways from the engine harness bulkhead connector over to the rear light harness connector. And from there runs to the back of the truck.

67 chevelle 12-17-2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ray_mcavoy (Post 7412760)
The reverse light wires should be dark and light green.

The dark green wire is the power feed that runs from the fuse box to the switch. Then the light green wire goes from the switch back to the lights.

With the 4-speed trans, those dark & light green wires both run through the engine harness bulkhead connector on the firewall. That takes them outside the cab and to a 2-terminal plug that connects to the switch on the trans. Inside the cab, the light green wire just runs a short ways from the engine harness bulkhead connector over to the rear light harness connector. And from there runs to the back of the truck.

Thank you so much , this solves my issue , I believe these wires are next to each other on the engine side firewall block , top right side , looking at it from the grill side , on my truck

67 chevelle 12-17-2015 10:11 AM

Up and running , thank you , Ray

midniteblues 12-17-2015 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of the plug for a granny 4 reverse lite switch mine was located going down behind the passenger cly head
It's the one in front.