The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Serious Black (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=653816)

snipescastle2 04-15-2015 08:13 AM

Re: Serious Black

Nothing much going on right now with my project as I'm working 10 Hour days, at least for another week. I did score a real nice bed cover for my ride, it has an aluminum frame with the supports under the canvas cover, and that clamps to the bed rails, the snaps are attached to the frame only, no drilling.
I'll have to get some pics later on, and the best part- only paid $50.00 for the whole thing!!! Yeah!
I fabricated a Vacuum reservoir out of 2 - 4" schedule 40 PVC pipe caps and a small piece of pvc pipe, cemented them together. I sanded them smooth, and painted them bright aluminum. I drilled and tapped the upper end for tube fittings and installed a drain valve ( I doubt it was necessary) but I installed one anyway. Now, I just need to find a small vacuum gauge for the top. I am bending up lots of stainless tubing for fuel and for the brake booster vacuum lines ( the solid lifter cam I'm going to run isn't very well suited for vacuum assisted brakes) I suppose I could always do the hydroboost setup, but for now, the reservoir will fill the bill.....
Have a good one!
Ben:metal:

snipescastle2 06-03-2015 08:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay Folks, been a while since I posted updates....here's a few teaser shots I got yesterday from the painter...sorry, these are cell phone pics, but they beat none at all!!!
Have a good one!
Ben:metal::metal:

snipescastle2 06-04-2015 02:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Been working on my power windows mod wiring, got that down to a science now. I'll post a small video later of the power window motor running both forwards and backwards. here is a picture I made a crude drawing of how I wired the micro switches to make the window go both up and down....enjoy!

swamp rat 06-04-2015 11:19 PM

Pretty slick!

snipescastle2 06-24-2015 09:00 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well,
Just got back from Cancun,Mexico Saturday, now it's time to focus on my project once again! I'm Bummed out my painter hasn't finished my Cab and bedsides:(:( He had some issues with a customer's paint job he did, color wasn't spot on....had to refinish a panel or two....anyway, he says I should have it by this weekend (crossing my fingers):smoke::smoke::smoke:

Couple of more things I plan to do with my interior I'm planning to do- I am going to use a Black "Mother of Pearl" drum wrap material to cover my dash cluster (like the original woodgrain decal) and the glove box as well. not cheap, but should look pretty awesome!!! I already did the "Camaro Tach Mod" replaced the original bezel with a new one, should be impressive!
Have a good one!

88Stanger 06-24-2015 11:12 AM

Awesome job so far.

Stickman 06-24-2015 11:41 AM

Very nice, being a drum collector myself I like the wrap idea. It's looking good.

snipescastle2 06-24-2015 01:53 PM

Yeah, I liked the mother of pearl look, guess after watching my brother's band playing all the time, (my little Brother is a drummer) the look kinda grew on me......:metal::metal::metal:
Ben:lol::lol::lol:

snipescastle2 06-24-2015 08:30 PM

Here's a video of the power window switch I made out of a broken door handle relay and a couple of micro switches, sure beats paying $180 for one switch!!!
Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/Qp52AFpZfXQ

p.s. I didn't show the actual regulator in the clip, but the wiring and action of the motor shows how it works, if you look at my pictures a few posts back, you will understand how it works.

snipescastle2 07-15-2015 02:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
well, I decided to fix the grill surround I had. it had a pretty good dent in the right front corner, above the headlight. after "dolly-ing" the dents out, and sanding/polishing,and working the area flat and smooth as I could get it, I was going to remove the anodize coating and attempt to polish it all together, but decided to try a diffrent approach.....I had some "Chrome" Powder coat powder left over from early on, I figured why not.
I think it turned out rather well, considering I'm not a "Body Man" by any means....any way's, here's a few pics.... I'll post some of the completed and assembled grill tomorrow.
Enjoy!

Low Elco 07-16-2015 01:21 PM

Looks good! Glad to see you're still movin'!

snipescastle2 07-16-2015 01:38 PM

yeah, I'd be moving much faster if I could get out of "Paint Jail" :lol::lol:
Have a good one!

snipescastle2 07-28-2015 08:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
getting closer and closer. my painter had a slight set back with his equipment, his dehydrator/oil water separator failed, and had to get a new unit installed, but he's back on track now. everything final primed and ready for the final blocking, seam sealer then base coat. here are a few pictures:

Have a good one!

Justin@EntropyRad 07-28-2015 10:01 AM

lucky!

snipescastle2 07-28-2015 10:21 AM

Well, guess I'm kinda lucky, but don't get me wrong, it's been in "Paint Jail" since May.........the guy had "Bitten off" way more than he could chew, (too many jobs at once) along with a few set backs on some of the projects he did, but, he's on board with it now, I'd sure like to see the color and clear done by this weekend, but I'm not going to hold my breath, with the heat and humidity we have been experiencing here in Missouri, I'd rather be on the cautious side and have it right....but at least I'm moving in the right direction!!!:metal::metal::metal:
Have a good one!

Justin@EntropyRad 07-28-2015 10:46 AM

Lucky from the off-road excursion not damaging anything. The paint Jail is becoming a necessary evil it seems

cooperhw 07-28-2015 10:48 AM

Truck project looks like it is coming along nicely. I hear you on the heat. Been painting mine for the last 5 weekends (couple pieces at a time) here in Phoenix AZ. 86* at 6:00AM and 106* average high. Bout got all my stuff in color now. Hopefully start color sanding and buffing this weekend so I can begin hanging sheet metal. The end is in sight even if it's still a ways down the road. Hang in there.

snipescastle2 07-30-2015 03:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a few pictures of my Grill after assembling it, not exactly chrome, but very nice otherwise!
Enjoy!

snipescastle2 08-05-2015 02:54 PM

5 Attachment(s)
We have Paint!!! Yahooooooo!!!! here are some pics of the progress as it happened, the painter finished spraying the cab this morning, and is cutting and buffing the rest of the panels he did the other day! Man, am I happy!!! Now, to get it all home without incident........... some of these pics show the base coat and a couple have the clear, I'll post some more later!
Enjoy!!!
Ben :metal::metal::metal:

snipescastle2 08-05-2015 02:58 PM

5 Attachment(s)
more pics
:metal::metal:

Justin@EntropyRad 08-05-2015 03:34 PM

slick!

snipescastle2 08-11-2015 03:35 PM

5 Attachment(s)
well, finally got the cab mounted and brought some of the panels home. the painter is still wet sanding and buffing the hood, doors and left bedside. but, I am thrilled to finally have the cab on so I can get busy putting the beast back together!!!! here are some pics from the other day.....:metal::metal::metal:
Have a good one!
Ben :metal:

snipescastle2 08-11-2015 03:37 PM

5 Attachment(s)
pics

summitflier 08-11-2015 04:11 PM

Paint is looking good. Never really been a fan of black, but I have to admit.. yours looks pretty sharp.

snipescastle2 08-11-2015 07:07 PM

Thanks! If it wasn't for a friend in high school that showed me one back in 1981, been hooked on having a black one ever since. Had lots of people tell me I should do a different color, but its mine.... have a good one!
Ben :metal: :metal: