The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1988 - 1998 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics! (http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=498299)

swtnlw2005 12-13-2011 03:30 AM

1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
I just bought a 2000 Chevy crew cab short bed with only 70,000 miles :) I cant wait to get it home. Post some pics and ideas for me!

YBNORML 12-15-2011 12:21 AM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
How about those pics!!!
I too am looking at buying one. I am going to look at the truck on sat and will post pics then.

swtnlw2005 12-15-2011 01:38 AM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
I guess no one cares or has one!? lol where is the truck your looking at buying? i found a 70,000 miles truck in perfect condition!

jb1016 12-15-2011 01:50 AM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
There's a very nice one in the for sale section right now...2500 converted to 1500 and slammed on boss 338s. 454/4L80E. Belongs to a member from Nashville. But they're aren't many of them around.

YBNORML 12-15-2011 02:42 AM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swtnlw2005 (Post 5065738)
I guess no one cares or has one!? lol where is the truck your looking at buying? i found a 70,000 miles truck in perfect condition!

It's a local truck, smallblock/auto, cloth interior with about 200,000km/125,000mi. The miles are higher than I would like, but these trucks in a 2wd and a shortbox are very hard to find around here.

YBNORML 12-15-2011 02:46 AM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jb1016 (Post 5065750)
There's a very nice one in the for sale section right now...2500 converted to 1500 and slammed on boss 338s. 454/4L80E. Belongs to a member from Nashville. But they're aren't many of them around.

I saw that one. I was very interested in purchasing it. Unfortunately because the truck is less than 15yrs old it is required to pass an out of country inspection. This inspection requires that the truck be completely stock. The bolt-in notch presented a major problem. Too bad, it is exactly what I want:(

YBNORML 12-15-2011 02:54 AM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic. This truck belongs to member csbatey.

1badgmc 12-15-2011 09:01 AM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swtnlw2005 (Post 5065738)
I guess no one cares or has one!?

I care and wish I had one. A CCSB dually to be more specific. There's a CCSB dually running around here that I've seen a few times now that I wish I could get my hands on. It's white with a gray 2-tone above the upper bodyline and has a 2/4 drop. Simple, but oh so beautiful.

swtnlw2005 12-20-2011 06:01 PM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
well I just got mine home from washington state! Looks like i need to find me a lowering kit:) going to keep it 8 Lug and throw some KMC's on it. already got ahold of some spindles for the front, anyone have any ideas on how to get the rear down a tab bit? plans are to fit some 22" 8 lug wheels with a street tire.

YBNORML 12-21-2011 12:45 AM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swtnlw2005 (Post 5074858)
well I just got mine home from washington state! Looks like i need to find me a lowering kit:) going to keep it 8 Lug and throw some KMC's on it. already got ahold of some spindles for the front, anyone have any ideas on how to get the rear down a tab bit? plans are to fit some 22" 8 lug wheels with a street tire.

:wop:
Sorry, had to do it:lol:

In regards to your lowering question. I am not sure if the lowering shackles and frame mounts from a 1/2ton 4" kit will work. I am picking up my crewcab on thurs and can compare them with the ones on my 1/2 ton for you.

baclay9 12-21-2011 11:35 PM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Here is my DD. 2000 3/4 ton 4x4

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8339/img0194ap.jpg
By claypool782 at 2011-07-15

bloertcher 12-22-2011 12:04 AM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baclay9 (Post 5077336)
Here is my DD. 2000 3/4 ton 4x4

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8339/img0194ap.jpg
By claypool782 at 2011-07-15

THAT,is what I'd dearly love to own.I could haul the kids,the cows,or the toys,at one time.:chevy:

YBNORML 12-22-2011 01:55 AM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by baclay9 (Post 5077336)
Here is my DD. 2000 3/4 ton 4x4

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8339/img0194ap.jpg
By claypool782 at 2011-07-15

Very nice:)
Posted via Mobile Device

swtnlw2005 12-22-2011 03:03 AM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Here is my Beauty on her voyage home from Port Angeles Washington to Mustang Oklahoma! Got alot of work to do! lol leveling kit, de-badge and de-chrome,nice polished finish,cowl hood,painted grill w/ billet insert,and some 22's!! What do y'all think?? Give me your ideas and thoughts on this one! I need a good 8 lug wheel to throw under her and cant decide. The camper is coming off btw! LOL!
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...5/IMG_0397.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...5/IMG_0396.jpg

swtnlw2005 12-22-2011 05:32 PM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Murdered out the windows today! http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...2-22143110.jpg

YBNORML 12-22-2011 05:38 PM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swtnlw2005 (Post 5078413)

Nice! Looks like a sweet purchase.

1badgmc 12-22-2011 07:08 PM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by swtnlw2005 (Post 5078413)
Murdered out the windows today!

Nice! How dark did you go on the windshield?

I wish I could get away with that. After many years of everything I drove having limo, I finally had to give in a few years back. I can't afford the tickets anymore. My '91 is still limo, but it barely sees the light of day. I need to get myself an OK address to register my vehicles to so I could get away with tint and no front plate.

YBNORML 12-23-2011 05:02 PM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine, just picked her up last night!

swtnlw2005 12-23-2011 08:42 PM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Got the camper off today! http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...2-23150608.jpg Nice truck YBNORMAL!! What year is it? I need ideas on lowering it.

k5hart 12-23-2011 09:09 PM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Good looking truck! I really wanted one of these when I was on the lookout for a crew. Couldn't find one anywhere remotely close.

lolife99 12-23-2011 09:39 PM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by swtnlw2005 (Post 5077591)
Here is my Beauty on her voyage home from Port Angeles Washington to Mustang Oklahoma! Got alot of work to do! lol leveling kit, de-badge and de-chrome,nice polished finish,cowl hood,painted grill w/ billet insert,and some 22's!! What do y'all think?? Give me your ideas and thoughts on this one! I need a good 8 lug wheel to throw under her and cant decide. The camper is coming off btw! LOL!

4/6 drop and a set of new "take-off" Silverado 8-lug 20's on that thing, with a set of 40 series tires.
Like these:
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/2712044669.html

lolife99 12-23-2011 10:14 PM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1badgmc (Post 5065950)
I care and wish I had one. A CCSB dually to be more specific. There's a CCSB dually running around here that I've seen a few times now that I wish I could get my hands on. It's white with a gray 2-tone above the upper bodyline and has a 2/4 drop. Simple, but oh so beautiful.

I always liked the CCSB duallys.

YBNORML 12-23-2011 10:25 PM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 5080606)
I always liked the CCSB duallys.

That thing is sick!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

frontline72 01-02-2012 07:50 PM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here is mine I bought a few months ago it is a retired govt. service truck, it won't look like this for long!

kevinr1970 01-02-2012 09:04 PM

Re: 1998-2000 Crew Cab short bed's? Post your Pics!
 
Never seen those before, those would look pretty sweet!
But that ad says they changed the bolt pattern in 2010; that sucks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by lolife99 (Post 5080550)
4/6 drop and a set of new "take-off" Silverado 8-lug 20's on that thing, with a set of 40 series tires.
Like these:
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/2712044669.html



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1997-2013 67-72chevytrucks.com