The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Windshield frame differences???? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=160670)

smbrouss70 06-18-2005 05:14 PM

Windshield frame differences????

I'm looking at buying a hardtop for my Blazer, but the Blazer it is on right now has 2 curves kinda going into the top right above the windshield, to give some room to mount the sunvisors to the windshield frame. My blazer's W/S frame doesn't have an area to mount the sunvisors, it only has the center curve for the rearview mirror... Were there different tops and winshield frames? Can this top seal to my windshield frrame? Does any of this make any sense?

2wdBlazer 06-18-2005 09:47 PM

I don't quite picture what you are saying but all tops mount the same in the front. Only bedrails differ on single vs double wall. Maybe your windsheild has been modified somehow?

tnblazerk5 06-18-2005 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smbrouss70
I'm looking at buying a hardtop for my Blazer, but the Blazer it is on right now has 2 curves kinda going into the top right above the windshield, to give some room to mount the sunvisors to the windshield frame. My blazer's W/S frame doesn't have an area to mount the sunvisors, it only has the center curve for the rearview mirror... Were there different tops and winshield frames? Can this top seal to my windshield frrame? Does any of this make any sense?

can you get pics of what your talkin about ?

Gee_Emm 06-18-2005 11:51 PM

The 5 windshield frames I have/had all look the same.

Here are some pictures for you to compare to.

smbrouss70 06-19-2005 12:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I think this is what I am talking about...(circled red) although now it looks like it is attatched to the windshield frame instead of a part of it. You have to excuse my ignorance on this subject, I am brand new to the Blazer side of things and I am starting out with a tub that is missing just about everything... as seen below.

jamie72 06-19-2005 12:49 AM

those items circled look to me like sunviser brackets??????

bouncytruck 06-19-2005 01:14 AM

Yeah, those are the sunvisor brackets. On the Blazers/Jimmy's they have a hole through them for a bolt that goes to the top. There are also two more metal brackets with two bolts each into the top of the winshield frame and one bolt each into the top. You can see the holes for them in the green windshield frame Gee Emm posted.

The brackets you circled are reproduced to my knowledge. The sunvisor brackets for the trucks/suburban's don't work (they might if you don't ever plan on putting a top on your truck.)

jamie72 06-19-2005 11:42 AM

if you need the sunviser brackets i got a set. pm me..
jamie

FRENCHBLUE72 06-19-2005 11:51 AM

Glad to see that blazer got saved by someone.... Should be nice when its done..

smbrouss70 06-19-2005 01:34 PM

Thanks guys. I guess there is still a little bit that I need to learn about these Blazers, and I just thought they were trucks that were cut down and had a removable top. :lol:

Frenchblue -- it isn't as bad as I thought it was from the pictures, it still needs some work, but nothing I can't handle with you guys help!