The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   No limit engineering 4 link vs all (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=794675)

catch2otwo 10-08-2019 10:16 PM

No limit engineering 4 link vs all

So I am shopping for a 4 link setup for my 73 burb. Im looking at the no limit fatbar 4 link setup, its priced at 1600 for the 4 link, notch, panhard, and shocks.

All the other kits like ridtech, tci etc, their kits are all 2k and up. Am I missing something? I just want to be sure I am comparing apples to apples. The price difference seems too big.

trixter99 10-08-2019 10:44 PM

Re: No limit engineering 4 link vs all

I’m interested in this too, I’m looking for a setup I can run a 13” wide tire 335 30 18. Or do I need to go with a custom build?

monte0185 10-13-2019 09:39 AM

Rob at No-limit is a great guy. Been there a couple times and he's always a great host willing to answer any questions you have. His rear 4-link is well thought out and has alot of engineering behind it. As for a suburban fit I'm not sure but it would not hurt to ask him. I know when I'm ready for all my suspension he will be who I go with.

catch2otwo 10-13-2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monte0185 (Post 8608649)
Rob at No-limit is a great guy. Been there a couple times and he's always a great host willing to answer any questions you have. His rear 4-link is well thought out and has alot of engineering behind it. As for a suburban fit I'm not sure but it would not hurt to ask him. I know when I'm ready for all my suspension he will be who I go with.

I know they make good stuff. Just wondering why the large price difference between the other big names. Everyone elses complete 4 link setups are right around 2100 bucks.

DieselSJ 10-15-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catch2otwo (Post 8609054)
I know they make good stuff. Just wondering why the large price difference between the other big names. Everyone elses complete 4 link setups are right around 2100 bucks.

Maybe because the other stuff is just overpriced? I'm looking at the fatbar setup for my dually.

SCOTI 10-16-2019 11:39 AM

Doesn't take much to see a big difference in price for subtle changes:

*Mostly bolt-in vs. completely bolt-in
*Shock manufacturer

One needs to make sure it is an apple-to-apple comparison before saying different manufacturers are over-priced.

catch2otwo 10-18-2019 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 8610479)
Doesn't take much to see a big difference in price for subtle changes:

*Mostly bolt-in vs. completely bolt-in
*Shock manufacturer

One needs to make sure it is an apple-to-apple comparison before saying different manufacturers are over-priced.

ended up going with the ridetech 4 link. Biggest reason is customer service. I sent an email to no limit and called but never got any responses. Seemed to mirror some of the other users experiences.

anyway, Im sure they are all good products, I liked the fit n finish, complete picture instructions and customer service of the Ridetech. Stuff should be here next friday. Can't wait.

SCOTI 10-18-2019 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catch2otwo (Post 8612102)
ended up going with the ridetech 4 link. Biggest reason is customer service. I sent an email to no limit and called but never got any responses. Seemed to mirror some of the other users experiences.

anyway, Im sure they are all good products, I liked the fit n finish, complete picture instructions and customer service of the Ridetech. Stuff should be here next friday. Can't wait.

I've used Ridetech parts/pieces & they do have nice stuff. I 'sort-of' have one of their rear 4-bar kits on my dually but I bought it used knowing I would be tweaking things for my specs.

Post pics & let everyone know how it goes!

catch2otwo 10-19-2019 04:08 PM

this is going in my 73 burb, so i was told by the dealer and by ridetech that it wont be direct bolt in, so we will see how it goes.

SCOTI 10-19-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catch2otwo (Post 8612454)
this is going in my 73 burb, so i was told by the dealer and by ridetech that it wont be direct bolt in, so we will see how it goes.

I don't know of any manufacturer that has Blazer/Burb specific kits so they'll all be that way to some degree.