The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Tools ! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=851715)

54blackhornet 03-30-2024 03:39 PM

Tools !

1 Attachment(s)
I came across this and chuckled to myself…Happy Easter to all…:metal:

Stocker 03-30-2024 04:55 PM

Re: Tools !

:lol: :lol:

Steeveedee 03-30-2024 07:34 PM

:lol: So true! Many decades ago, my dad's car broke down. My dad determined that it was the fuel pump, and one of my cousins who visiting volunteered to fetch the one off another car with the same pump on it. He came back with the carburetor. Dad didn't cuss him out, but the poor guy had to walk a couple miles each way, twice.

Palf70Step 03-30-2024 07:39 PM

:agree: all of the above.

Getter-Done 03-30-2024 10:45 PM

For Sure.:lol:

1970 CST Short Wide 03-31-2024 12:04 PM

My Dad wasn’t a Car guy, by that I mean he liked them but didn’t work on them
That being said I can say for sure all 3 of My Sons know the meaning of this post
LOL

Accelo 03-31-2024 12:19 PM

Having friends at the local auto parts store, we used to swap stories of ignorance.
They would occasionally leave a front caliper on the counter that had been worn to the internal fins.
The one that took the cake;
Guy bring in a starter wrapped in a towel.
Says he needs a starter for his car.
Unwraps the towel, it's a air-conditioning compressor!
They ask what vehicle it's for. He points to the car in the lot he drove up in!

What can you say?

Boog 03-31-2024 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tools?

GOPAPA 03-31-2024 12:25 PM

This is going to be a bit hard to picture for any of you that do not remember what one of these looked like ,, anyways , my dad came across and old 35-36 Chevy truck that had been shortened so it was about 8 ft long ,,cab cut off and just a seat and 4 wheels and motor ,, he had this thing called a slip that he could pull behind it like a scoop shovel sorta and it would scrape up top soil and when it filled he could flip the handles up and it would spill the soil where ever you wanted it, ,he would level out our yard next to the house.

Any ways , I was 10 years old and he put the old truck in compound and told me to just steer it and nothing else .. well,, to me it seemed the thing to do when the rig was sounding like it was about to die when the slip dug into the ground a bit more than it should,, so I gave it the gas ,and that flipped my dad over the handles of the slip and onto the ground I think between the old rig and the slip.. I hit the brakes and that was the beginning of the harsh words that came out of my dads mouth and right after that I was taken off the rig and givin a whippin that made me never do anything more than what I was told ,, them words stuck with me a long time , ,the whippen went away pretty fast ,but the words I never heard of before still brings back this memory,, he was a great dad ,loved him right up until he died at 97 years old ,,

my56chevytruck 04-02-2024 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 54blackhornet (Post 9300362)
I came across this and chuckled to myself…Happy Easter to all…:metal:

A great reminder, I was my dad's light holder and tool retriever, learned a lot from him

truckin 79 04-02-2024 03:38 PM

Oh that rings so true when my dad worked on cars, the garage was a place to learn new swear words and hide if my mother asked me to go help my father. I dont know about you guys but at 5-6 years old my fraction knowledge was limited. My dad would be under the car and asked me to go inside and get a half inch wrench or a three quarter socket. Instant panic set in because I knew I would grab the wrong one. Just when I started getting better at fractions my brother tricked me and told me to go get a 10/16 for my father. My mom found me crying in the corner with a bunch of wrenches around me.
I just saw amazon has a t-shirt with this saying on it, I have to get it

special-K 04-03-2024 09:04 AM

THAT'S A 7/16!! I SAID 9/16!!!!

Hold this light. NOT IN MY EYES!!!!!

He taught me a lot about working on cars just by watching AND listening