The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Chassis engineering INC close out sale. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=754442)

mr48chev 01-09-2018 04:21 PM

Chassis engineering INC close out sale.

The owner of Chassis engineering Inc passed away a few months ago and they are closing the business and selling off the inventory.

Today I see (and ordered a pair) of the nifty side motor mounts for 230, 250, & 292 six cylinder engines plus they have them for the side mount 235/261 . Sale price is dirt cheap but their shipping is rather high. 15 for the mount and 22 for UPS shipping on a set of offset mounts for a 292 making it right at 38 bucks but still a lot less than original price.

They are not combining shipping or I would have ordered a lot more pieces.

They also have their 4 bar setups for 100 bucks that are for Fords but might be easily adapted to one of our trucks.

http://www.chassisengineeringinc.com/chevy-parts/

BBPanel 01-10-2018 01:33 AM

Re: Chassis engineering INC close out sale.

Yeah, $34 shipping for $20 in parts that would fit in a medium flat rate box - no thanks.

whitedog76 01-10-2018 02:16 AM

I’ve used their 194/230/250 mounts before. Good quality. I’ve always thought they’d make good shock mounts or body mounts also.

Being I’m about 1000 miles closer than you guys, shipping might not be too bad.

I’m definitely going to research the deals further.

mr48chev 01-11-2018 04:00 AM

Went a round with the on FB last night when they posted some new stuff about the jacked up shipping costs. They said that if the actual cost is lower they will refund part of it but that may be a long wait.

I'd have spent at least a hundred yesterday and maybe two if the shipping quote hadn't been twice what the parts were.

Rickysnickers 01-11-2018 09:44 AM

It's too bad they are going out of business. That is good company. I bought several items from them when I had my '39 Ford.

mr48chev 01-12-2018 02:50 AM

They did make a lot of stuff that a lot of us can really use. Hard to find a buyer for a company like that unless another company absorbs it. I paid the extra shipping cost on the mounts I bought because those are the mounts I want and I may not have anther chance to get them and while my buddy can cut them out and I or my son can weld them up the cost was still too low to put that many hours into it. I use to have a buddy who had a rod shop that had a hard time showing a decent profit because he spent so much time building little things that he could have bought and installed and got the profit off while spending those hours on much bigger projects that paid much more. The I made every piece myself thing is cool and great but some times your time is far better spent on more serious aspects of the build.

whitedog76 01-13-2018 01:38 AM

Just got on their website. It appears that Heidts has purchased them.

mr48chev 01-13-2018 01:42 AM

I got an email today stating that. No parts left in the close out sale either.

Advanced Design 01-13-2018 02:39 AM

Hopefully some of their product line will continue. I used a lot of their parts in the early 90's when I was building a 39 Chevy. The parts were simple, durable and they worked.

mr48chev 01-17-2018 09:10 PM

The mounts that I ordered came in the mail today. I got a check for 10.00 in the mail yesterday saying that they found a less expensive way to send the parts. That may be due to my putting a note in the order that I thought the shipping was exorbitant. Nice pieces that I would have ordered even if I had to pay full price.