The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The people you meet. (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=599003)

Codez67Chevy 10-02-2013 10:43 PM

The people you meet.

So a couple of weeks ago I got the chance to meet a member, Mister-B. Also along with meeting him and his family I got to see his amazing 69 C/20. I'd have to say his daily driver is set up perfect. All of the posts/pictures that he puts up with his truck does no justice as to what it really is. All the small things that he has put into his truck makes a big difference. And that being said, seeing his truck in person really gave me the itch to start working on my own. So my build thread is going to start. I'm very glad to know someone locally besides you folks here on the forum, that has the same love for these trucks as I do. So you will soon know the story behind "Dead Pumpkin" and the build thread to its recovery of daily driving.

LockDoc 10-02-2013 11:52 PM

Re: The people you meet.

-
It's always nice to put a face to a name... Glad you got the "Itch" again, now get to work.... :).. j/k

LockDoc

Mister-B 10-03-2013 12:03 AM

Hey thanks, Cody! That's nice of you to say. It was great meeting you, and hope we can do some projects together.

For those of you that don't know, Cody's truck is no slouch. He keeps pretty quiet, and doesn't post many pictures, but he's got a real gem. '67 short bed 6 cylinder. I can't wait to see the work he does to it
Posted via Mobile Device

Syndrome 10-03-2013 04:36 PM

I need to make my way up there sometime. Maybe soon as I get my truck running. :)

KJSR 10-03-2013 04:40 PM

I see occasional get togethers in UT, any coming up soon?

67ChevyRedneck 10-03-2013 05:04 PM

I've met a lot of forum members. Some are weird as hell, but I haven't met anyone I would kick out of my garage yet.

TBONE1964 10-03-2013 06:22 PM

Yes, AJ is a good guy.I know first hand as I have traveled to SLC and met him and his family. I did find it funny that he saves all the greasy pain in the butt jobs on his truck until I show up :) just kidding AJ. He really loves these old trucks and contributes to this board all of the experience he has learned from working on his truck. If you ever go there, make him take you to the In-N-Out burger before you do any wrenching on his truck :)

Codez67Chevy 10-03-2013 06:42 PM

Ha ha will do. Im sure he will do the same when he comes to work on mine.

Mister-B 10-03-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBONE1964 (Post 6298157)
Yes, AJ is a good guy.I know first hand as I have traveled to SLC and met him and his family. I did find it funny that he saves all the greasy pain in the butt jobs on his truck until I show up :) just kidding AJ. He really loves these old trucks and contributes to this board all of the experience he has learned from working on his truck. If you ever go there, make him take you to the In-N-Out burger before you do any wrenching on his truck :)

Lol. You're hilarious Tom!

Thanks for all your help with my brake job when you were in town. You are truly gifted at your craft

slikside 10-03-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 6298078)
I've met a lot of forum members. Some are weird as hell, but I haven't met anyone I would kick out of my garage yet.

That there's funny!

pritch 10-03-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJSR (Post 6298049)
I see occasional get togethers in UT, any coming up soon?

We should do it again before it gets tooo cold. I'll be gone on vacation until mid October, though. Leaving this Saturday.

67ChevyRedneck 10-03-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slikside (Post 6298327)
That there's funny!

It's true :lol:

I've actually met a couple members by accident. Over the summer I was out doing my job and saw a really nice 71/72 burb next door to where I was working. A fella was outside working on it. Ended up being member ATP. Talked for over an hour or so. Real nice guy.

BruthaMan 10-03-2013 10:37 PM

I met a gentleman two weekends ago. Was at our local Harbor Freight and he was behind me in line. Asked if that was my '72 truck. We started talking for a few minutes and learned he had a project truck that was back in North Carolina. He was stationed in Tennessee and in San Angelo for military training.

Mentioned he should get on the 67-72 chevy truck forum and he said he was on the forum. Asked him if he was doing anything right then, if he'd like to drop by and see my '78 truck. Said sure, and off we went a few blocks to the house.

I think we were both relieved to be able to talk to someone else who loves these old trucks. I kept thinking "what are the odds of meeting a forum member from another state in San Angelo, Texas, and inviting them over to see my build?" Should have bought a lottery ticket that night.

If you ever read this, Tavis, it was great to meet you and hang out a few hours. Do let us know how your truck project is coming along!

Wade

Tom Vogel 10-04-2013 09:51 AM

If Josh was smart, He would make a page to print out some pass-along business cards for this site. That way we could give out the site info to people we meet that are not aware of the site.

richard2717 10-04-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Vogel (Post 6298980)
If Josh was smart, He would make a page to print out some pass-along business cards for this site. That way we could give out the site info to people we meet that are not aware of the site.

you mean like this

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=398151