The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Detailing (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Whats The Best Wax Really? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=244096)

HBdirtbag 03-29-2017 05:52 PM

Re: Whats The Best Wax Really?

Interesting turn of products in the last 4-5 years. That is the introduction of ceramic/nano coatings. I recently had my '55 covered with ceramic pro's gold package, it ain't cheap, and it's got multiple layers of their 9H ceramic coating. I spent the weekend doing my 996 turbo with a similiar product called Cquartz. Absolutely unbelievable.

Time consuming, but amazing

85/Silverado 05-19-2017 08:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I just applied a coat of Mothers SynWax to my brand new Lincoln MKZ Hybrid with a custom paint color and we are going on a 6000 mile road trip from Fl. to Yellowstone and all points we can see...lol We'll let you know how well it holds up.:metal:

JMC1965 08-02-2017 07:59 PM

85/Silverado,

how is the SynWax holding up?

I'm researching the Nano Coatings...but not sure about it yet.

85/Silverado 08-02-2017 10:21 PM

Washed the car today and the water still beads up, got back from out 16 day trip in June, thru snow and heat.
I do park the car in the Garage at home, but I live about 1200 feet from the ocean. So yes I like the wax allot.

JMC1965 08-02-2017 10:26 PM

Thanks...

I've used Liquid Glass for years on other cars. Now that I'm about finished with the 67, I'm going to driver it daily and am wanting to protect and pamper the exterior

JMC1965 09-12-2017 04:19 PM

I've used Liquid Glass for years....now I can't find it anywhere (including Amazon). I called the manufacturer and the phone just rings and rings. Is anybody else having luck finding it?

I've ordered a couple of other products to try (Klasse and JetSeal)

guess I need to order SynWax also

hjewell2 09-12-2017 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMC1965 (Post 8038153)
I've used Liquid Glass for years....now I can't find it anywhere (including Amazon). I called the manufacturer and the phone just rings and rings. Is anybody else having luck finding it?

I've ordered a couple of other products to try (Klasse and JetSeal)

guess I need to order SynWax also

I just purchased a can $18.99 at my parts store in Michigan. love the smell and works great. Been using it for 7 yrs.

JMC1965 09-17-2017 09:12 PM

Well...since I'm having trouble locating Liquid Glass online and around town....I'm testing a few. Klasse AIO + Klasse Graze & Sealant, JetSeal, and Finish First. My beautiful bride of 20+ years has graciously lent her Cadillac SRX for the testing.

Today I washed, clay barred, and Meguire polished the car..stripping off whatever was on there already.

I followed the instructions for all the products. Now just have to see how long the shine and luster hold up.

Initial impressions...

1. The clay bar and Meguire polish really cleaned up the car. I did have to use a stronger compound on a few stubborn spots.

2. Klasse AIO went on and came off great...not a super "slick" feel to it..but better than just the Meguire's

3. Finish First feels a lot like Liquid Glass (even the cans are similar as are all the ingredients)

4. JetSeal had the "slickest" feel of them all

....so...I'll try to remember to post again after a wash

The Rocknrod 10-19-2017 05:37 PM

This liquid glass?
http://www.liquidglasspolish.com/pro...e-auto-polish/
http://www.liquidglasspolish.com/wp-...lasspolish.jpg

The Rocknrod 10-19-2017 05:40 PM

Jet Seal?:
https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...words=jet+seal
Klasse?
https://www.amazon.com/Klasse-ALL-IN.../dp/B00CZD7QOS

JMC1965 10-19-2017 05:47 PM

yep....can't find it retail here....apparently you can order it from that website if you send them the form. I called just because I thought it was curious that it went from being available at multiple auto stores and online at many e-tailers....to not being available.

when I called and finally got through...it didn't sound right. I asked what happened and the person had no clue and had just started.

So...I haven't done that yet.
======================
Anyway...a month into the test here's what I have noticed (pics soon) and my opinion.

1. Finish First is the most like liquid glass...and I like that. smooth feel, beads water still after one coat

2. Klasse All-in-One + Klasse Sealant....less smooth feel, beads water decently but starting to sheet water in some places (could be application error on my part). really hard to beat All-in-One...it gives black cars a really great look

3. JetSeal...least smooth feel...sheeting water in all places instead of beading

stevenkr 10-27-2017 02:23 AM

You can try Turtle Wax and I am sure you will be a fan of this product. I always use this.

GSP7 04-04-2018 06:53 PM

Anyone use Nu Finish?

Ive used it in the past and liked it. Its been many years tough

Blue/72 04-08-2018 02:34 PM

I use Adams polishes patriot wax and Americana wax, both have great shine and durability

Ambrose 04-26-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudder (Post 2212253)
I have been using the California Customs MRon. You can use it right out in the sun and its a wipe on wipe off with the same drying towel. Stuff is pretty amazing. I will be show ing everyone at the meet in July just how well this stuff I use works.

Thanks for the helpful thread. i am also looking the car drying towels at a cheap price. Would you already buy a good one, then please suggest me a best one under $100.

Black_Sheep 05-11-2018 10:24 PM

Colinite Insulator Wax, it's super slick and lasts for a long time.

Modaddio 08-02-2018 11:03 AM

Anyone buy from the guys at the car shows? pink or yellow? I always say he but I've never bought anything....comes under different names but same look, same pitch, same pina colada smell.

mikelom 11-26-2018 02:37 AM

Collinite 845. It has the durability of a sealant.

Junkman-2008 06-21-2019 12:30 AM

For all you guys in this thread who think that WAX is what makes your paint shine, you need help. The absolute last thing that you should be looking for from a wax is some level of shine. Wax is a PROTECTANT. POLISHING is what makes your paint shine. If you do not understand this, ASK ME TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU AND I WILL GLADLY DO SO.

Chris(NJ) 08-01-2019 07:59 AM

Junkman, yes, waxes and sealants act to help protect the paint, but they also enhance the appearance. There's no doubt about that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black_Sheep (Post 8259389)
Colinite Insulator Wax, it's super slick and lasts for a long time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikelom (Post 8392592)
Collinite 845. It has the durability of a sealant.

Agreed, collinite is really good stuff. Fwiw, I think working with a paste is easier to control the amount and not over-apply, so I opted for 476 or 915. But still think 845 looked better on white/silver vehicles.

Zippi 02-01-2020 09:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone tried the new CMX Ceramic Spray Coating by Mothers? It's not really a wax but maybe more of a detailer.

Joseph07 01-01-2021 09:03 AM

I use 303 Graphene spray coating. It's easy to apply compared to the good old wax. I myself is getting older and my back hurts when getting to the lower body panels. It's a pain when you apply the wax, then still have to buff it off. The spray coating is easy to use, and you can even spray it during drying process. it's also easier to buff off right away and gives a wet look shine. It has 6 months durability but I re-apply once a month. Beads perfectly and smooth as silk.