The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   got my paint scheme! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=374475)

texasfunk 12-01-2009 06:34 PM

got my paint scheme!

5 Attachment(s)
now before someone mentions it, yes, i have seen the other square, oddly enough, these colors, i had never seent he truck til the other day, and was like, wow, i had my mind set on doing them already, and really loved the look, took me forever to settle on colors, so i figured, oh well, im going to do it anyways :lol: so sorry if i "copy" someone, but it looks great!
i drew up some pictures, and shot a sample fender in class to see what it'd look like before i pulled the trigger, im clearing it tomorro, but so far, wow, i love it! colors are BC171-medium aluminum, electric lime green metallic, electric blue pearl, and brilliant black crystal pearl

texasfunk 12-01-2009 06:36 PM

Re: got my paint scheme!

2 Attachment(s)
couple more

baggedcten 12-01-2009 07:19 PM

I like it! I'm going to use the same two-tone (black and blue)but i'm want something simple like a pin strip or something not sure yet.

STOCKISH 12-01-2009 09:43 PM

Damn,, nice job. Thats gonna be sweet.

thump16 12-01-2009 10:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here are some from the web. he's selling it on mautofied.com

Attachment 519418

Attachment 519419

Driveway Dreams 12-01-2009 10:51 PM

Nice scheme man! It might look good flopped, blue on top. Then it would be a little different too. Just a thought. Be sure to post up after clear coat.

texasfunk 12-02-2009 12:44 AM

yup! thts the truck i saw! i couldnt beleive it when i saw it! but im goin through with it! and i have been thinkin bout flip floppin some things but, ive done so much with this now that i like it! so im keepin it, but i'll be sure to gt some clear pics up tomorro night!

mwooten92 12-02-2009 12:50 AM

looks awesome. i love the blue

old Rusty C10 12-02-2009 12:53 AM

some people would say youre copying others would say that immitation is the sincerest form of flattery... its not my thing but hey if its yours go for it.... I forget who the member was here years ago who had something similar... the truck if i remember correctly was stolen and never recovered or something like that i think it had purple flames or graphics where the green ones are on yours

Driveway Dreams 12-02-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasfunk (Post 3649468)
i drew up some pictures, and shot a sample fender in class to see what it'd look like before i pulled the trigger, im clearing it tomorro, but so far, wow, i love it! colors are BC171-medium aluminum, electric lime green metallic, electric blue pearl, and brilliant black crystal pearl

What are you sprayin at school? And what are you sprayin with?

texasfunk 12-02-2009 01:10 AM

its all diamont paint, and i use my personal gun for paint, a satajet 3000, clear i have a anest iwata(won it for perfect attendance last year) and detail airbrush work with a thayer/chandler omni 4000

texasfunk 12-02-2009 01:18 AM

and i have been thinkin all day to change it, but i spent months doin layouts, spray outs, practice panels and rendering trying to find something i liked, and came up with this, i kno personally im not copying it, never seen the truck before, so i fig id stick with it, cuz even if someone did it first, its something i know i thought up myself, and im excited and to get started!

Driveway Dreams 12-02-2009 01:21 AM

As said before, don't let what has been done before keep you from doing what you want to do. If we never repeated things that have been done in the past, we would have run out of ideas many many years ago.

Did you ever shoot a Sata 2000? That is what I have now and am afraid to get a 3000 but need yet another gun.

texasfunk 12-02-2009 01:36 AM

yea sir, and that is true, therefore, keepin the scheme :D and yes i have, the ones we have to use at school are 2000, i really like them alot as well, but to me the 3000 just atomizes better and puts it down so much smoother, but, also keep in mind us students have used the 2000 for a few years, and they arent taken care of as well as a personal gun would be, so that may have something to do with it, but, i am extremly satisfied with the 3000, well worth the $

JohnC 12-02-2009 10:40 AM

The paint scheme looks sweet man. I wouldn't worry about copying. Maybe if you were in the same town or something, but do what you want. Can't wait for updates. Your doing some great things with the paint gun man. Keep it up.

Mr.Scary 12-02-2009 12:18 PM

man that looks totally sick!!! nice job

silvereagle07 12-02-2009 12:30 PM

Man, that looks really good texasfunk! If you look closely, the schemes share a similar color but they are different. I think it will look great on your truck. Now if you could get a smooth chrome front bumper, like in your rendering, that would be awesome. Good job.

texasfunk 12-02-2009 05:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
cleared it today! drew up then airbrushed an emblem i plan to put on the tailgate, its agreen character holding a paint gun, thought it was kinda cool
thanks for all the good words guys! im liking it more and more! cant wait til jan! the truck comes in the shop finally! over the winter break i plan to do the fabbing stuff to catch me up, i'll shave the gate, mirrors, doors,and the hardest mod of all, fullsized flush mount stock taillights and sidemarkers!

texasfunk 12-02-2009 05:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
couple closeups of the colors

CHEESE 12-02-2009 06:17 PM

looks good!! cant wait to see this thing rollin around town!!

joe231 12-02-2009 06:17 PM

Very Nice!!!

JohnC 12-02-2009 06:21 PM

Looks awesome man, and I'm digging the little character. Gives it that little personal touch! Very cool!

texasfunk 12-02-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHEESE (Post 3651607)
looks good!! cant wait to see this thing rollin around town!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe231 (Post 3651609)
Very Nice!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnC (Post 3651615)
Looks awesome man, and I'm digging the little character. Gives it that little personal touch! Very cool!

thanx guys! looks a little orange peely, but the pics were taken right after each coat was shot, smoothed out after it flashed and baked, now on to polish! the character could have been cleaner, but i left my original stencils at the house, and had to make some up quick.
and i cant wait for her to be done either! i plan for it to be done by may! just in time for the summer show circuit!

spaseghost 12-02-2009 08:14 PM

as soon as you finish your truck just let me know and you can go ahead and get mine all done as well. i will even buy the beer and drink it for you!
looks freakin awesome man!

Jonboy 12-02-2009 10:04 PM

I dig the painter Gumby dude! You may think about doing a solid black instead of the metallic black. It would make a harder background, letting the other colors jump out a bit more. Do that, then make a midcoat with a little holographic flake suspended in it over all of the colors. That will make it come alive!