The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   $550.00 Raised Crossmember Special! (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=308874)

Thorbecke Bros. 10-02-2008 12:05 AM

$550.00 Raised Crossmember Special!

We will be selling the raised crossmember starter kit for $550.00 during the month of October. You can place your orders now if you wish. All you need to do is call us up at 812-782-3581 to place your order. We do not want any money now. Not even a deposit. Once your kit is ready to ship we will call you to finalize all the details. We are expecting to start shipping kits around the 1st of November. We have a few more tests to perform to make sure all is good and ready.

The Starter Kit includes the following....

*Main Crossmember
*Upper Bag/Control Arm Mounts
*Inner Frame Gussets
*Rack & Pinion Frame Notches
*Engine Mounting Tabs
*Grade 8 Mounting Hardware

We are offering this version of the kit for the person who can fabricate, and would like to locate their engine and build their own engine mounts. Its a good kit to get you started.

$550.00
[IMG]http://www.*****************/jason/images/c.assbly10.jpg[/IMG]

spr85gmc 10-02-2008 12:16 AM

Re: $550.00 Raised Crossmember Special!

y not just put the engine mounts and be done with it it would sell alot faster being many donbt have time or skill to do it themselves...

FnLow69 10-02-2008 01:13 AM

and were are the engine mounts, i see the mounting tabs....

Rokcrln 10-02-2008 01:44 AM

Don't you actually want to road test one before you release a "new to you " product? What is the preferd caster and camber #'s for your kit?

lowdownstar 10-02-2008 06:36 AM

ok help me out here, what is the difference from the $700 kit and this one? just welding up the motor mounts? Or am i missing something? Can some one show some pic's of how all this looks on a truck. What are the benefits of a drop member and is it only for guys wanting to lay frame? Thanks Ray

aggie91 10-02-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 2913067)
Don't you actually want to road test one before you release a "new to you " product? What is the preferd caster and camber #'s for your kit?

X2

What is the ride/handling like? Other products that are available have some road time and feed back as to the ride of the truck after the install.

jasonb72 10-02-2008 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowdownstar (Post 2913136)
ok help me out here, what is the difference from the $700 kit and this one? just welding up the motor mounts? Or am i missing something? Can some one show some pic's of how all this looks on a truck. What are the benefits of a drop member and is it only for guys wanting to lay frame? Thanks Ray

Hers are the other quotes

we will be offering everything listed below during october for $700.00. it will jump to $999.00 after that. we are doing an introductory special.

$700.00 gets you......
1. main crossmember
2. upper bag & control arm mounts
3. inner frame structure brackets
4. rack & pinion frame notches
5. transmission crossmember
6. 350 engine mounts
7. stainless tie rod adjusting sleeves
8. chromoly/teflon 3/4" x 5/8" heims for the spindles
9. all grade 8 mounting hardware

$1500.00 gets you......
1. everything listed above
2. upper and lower control arms
3. upper frame shock mounts
4. monroe shocks

lyrikz 10-02-2008 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rokcrln (Post 2913067)

Uhhh, kev, did you miss this part? "We have a few more tests to perform to make sure all is good and ready."

Im sure its being tested.

Bazooka 10-02-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorbecke Bros. (Post 2912735)
We will be selling the raised crossmember starter kit for $550.00 during the month of October. You can place your orders now if you wish. All you need to do is call us up at 812-782-3581 to place your order. We do not want any money now. Not even a deposit. Once your kit is ready to ship we will call you to finalize all the details. We are expecting to start shipping kits around the 1st of November. We have a few more tests to perform to make sure all is good and ready.

I think he missed this part too.. :rolleyes:

Spray-Bomb 10-02-2008 02:44 PM

Sweet, I just got off the phone with yall & I'm "In" :D

Bazooka 10-02-2008 06:03 PM

Awesome! The guy thats doing the air ride on my truck (Method Motor Works. Fresno, Ca.) told me he's going to call in tomorrow and order :metal:

Wild83C10 10-02-2008 06:34 PM

The $700 kit sounds like a better deal then this kit.

The trans x-member, engine mounts, tie rod ends and hiems are worth more then $150.

Does this crossmember retain the stock suspension geometry?

Spray-Bomb 10-02-2008 07:48 PM

Along with the geometry question

I remember reading that the Porter Built Drop Member, has a narrower track width, does this one too ???

lowdownstar 10-02-2008 09:21 PM

sorry i was wrong to go after you i didn't know you were not a part of SD

Bazooka 10-02-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowdownstar (Post 2913987)
Jasnb72
If you really want to sell ME a drop member then please answer my question with a little respect. I don't know you guys from a hole in the wall and if i don't ask the right question or say it the right way i am sorry but please don't treat me like an ass! thank you

I also asked Can some one show some pic's of how all this looks on a truck? i am sure you have this installed on a truck so you know it fits and works well together, "right". What are the benefits of a drop member and is it only for guys wanting to lay frame? Thanks Ray

I hope your not the one doing customer service for SD!

Thats not Jason from SD :lol:

SCOTI 10-02-2008 09:52 PM

Dropmember = Porterbuilt Streetrods

Raised Crossmember = Suicide Doors

Shane 10-02-2008 10:05 PM

Another dang good example of why you guys should relax and let the vendors answer the questions on their own product.

I'm trying my best to give you guys friendly advice the nicest way I know how.

68 short step 10-02-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane (Post 2914050)
relax and let the vendors answer the questions on their own product.

:agree::gi:

N2TRUX 10-02-2008 11:15 PM

Shane is correct. If you are not Jason, or a "qualified" employee of SD DO NOT take on the responsibility of answering questions.

jasonb72 10-02-2008 11:32 PM

Not sure what the problem with my post was, you asked a question I clipped some info you asked for from the other thread and posted for you to see.

I guess I should have taken out the section that made it seem I was with SD. Not sure how that is being an ass.

I am not one to get into these pissing contest, just trying to help people get the info they asked for. I have no affiliation with SD.

Moderators, I can understand your point of letting the vendors answer their own question, but their are vendors that do not log on and check post for days, and it always seems to be the case that board members and moderators go out find the info from other threads and post it. Maybe the posting rules need to be updated to include this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowdownstar (Post 2913987)
Jasnb72
If you really want to sell ME a drop member then please answer my question with a little respect. I don't know you guys from a hole in the wall and if i don't ask the right question or say it the right way i am sorry but please don't treat me like an ass! thank you

I also asked Can some one show some pic's of how all this looks on a truck? i am sure you have this installed on a truck so you know it fits and works well together, "right". What are the benefits of a drop member and is it only for guys wanting to lay frame? Thanks Ray

I hope your not the one doing customer service for SD!

Rokcrln 10-03-2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyrikz (Post 2913399)
Uhhh, kev, did you miss this part? "We have a few more tests to perform to make sure all is good and ready."

Im sure its being tested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazooka (Post 2913417)
I think he missed this part too.. :rolleyes:

No I saw both of those,what confused me was a company Advertising new suspension parts before they have any possible kinks worked out. I under stand wanting to gauge the market before wanting to put out the money and time to build all the raised members but it just seams back wards to me. I have been around customs and Hot Rods my entire life and have seen this bite company's in the A$$ allot. I hope this does not happen here.

This DropMember and raised member is no different than what happened with the MII front ends when they first came out. We used to cut out factory cross members and use them in our rods (told you I've been around awhile) then the first "New cross member" was offered, then they started popping up everywhere you looked. The guys that did their home work and testing and then started selling them are Still out their and the other guys are who knows were now. My main concern is safety we are talking about suspension, steering and brakes lets just make sure it is 100% right before they start being sold.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

lowdownstar 10-03-2008 06:44 AM

Jasonb72

I am sorry for what i said i thought you were part of SD and i was a little upset on how a company would not take the time to answer all my questions and just show me another add. you were just being helpfull and i am sorry!

I really didn't know you were not apart of SD......
sorry again

thanks for your help

Ray

N2TRUX 10-03-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonb72 (Post 2914177)

Moderators, I can understand your point of letting the vendors answer their own question, but their are vendors that do not log on and check post for days, and it always seems to be the case that board members and moderators go out find the info from other threads and post it....

That is true, and in most cases is just fine. Since there has been so much controversy recently I am encouraging everyone to let the appropriate parties be responsible for answering the questions.

SCOTI 10-03-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowdownstar (Post 2914358)
Jasonb72

I am sorry for what i said i thought you were part of SD and i was a little upset on how a company would not take the time to answer all my questions and just show me another add. you were just being helpfull and i am sorry!

sorry again

thanks for your help

Ray

You get an 'atta-boi' in my book for the public apology!
:metal:

jasonb72 10-03-2008 09:13 AM

Not a big deal, I do appreciate you responding this way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowdownstar (Post 2914358)
Jasonb72

sorry again

thanks for your help

Ray