The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New blazer pickup conversion , cab back panel (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=748142)

truckeez 10-09-2017 07:19 PM

New blazer pickup conversion , cab back panel

2 Attachment(s)
New f-glass panel I fabbed recently.

N2TRUX 10-09-2017 09:57 PM

Re: New blazer pickup conversion , cab back panel

More info please

xs-style 10-10-2017 08:46 AM

In for more pics and info.

truckeez 10-10-2017 06:37 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Well this 76-91 version is pretty much the same as, you get a sheetmetal shop to fab the lower bedwall, get 4 buddies to come over and remove the heavy factory one, and simply bolt in the custom stuff,
(you mask off the floor and wax it and set the bedwall in place temporarily set upward slightly like 1/32 " pump in scilicone to form the lower bedwall gasket~ clean away excess Tidy-ly)

and once its set up you then bolt the bedwall in place, it seals but is not stuck to the floor.

This rear walls lower edge turns back on a 76-91 style, on the 69-72 it goes forward.

xs-style 10-12-2017 09:47 AM

Does one of these sir back far enough that the rear seat can fold forward? I've only seen one of these for sale locally in a while. I wanted to get it but it was broke, and would have just joined my "I'll get to it" pile

andyh1956 10-15-2017 09:32 PM

truckeez had this on ebay for $429 & ended a little while ago. I thought about it but the deal for the M1009 I was trying to swing didn't happen before the end of auction. I don't want to use one on my '88. I just scored another K5 though that the tub has almost rotted off of. I think I'm gonna peel all the sheet metal off & plop an '85 GMC cab from a wreck I just got on there & do a short flat bed.

truckeez 10-31-2017 08:22 PM

~~

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyh1956 (Post 8061544)
truckeez had this on ebay for $429 & ended a little while ago. I thought about it but the deal for the M1009 I was trying to swing didn't happen before the end of auction. I don't want to use one on my '88. I just scored another K5 though that the tub has almost rotted off of. I think I'm gonna peel all the sheet metal off & plop an '85 GMC cab from a wreck I just got on there & do a short flat bed.

That item is not right for ebay, I gave it one last try.

the original version had a full inside liner-pretty complicated to fab, that panel was $550.00
I listed it for two yrs there............................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... .................................................................................................... ............................................... and everyone figured that playing waitout would get them a gone out of business price.

Instead I just discontinued it, No-one I know of will mold custom fiberglass parts at a break even price ~~~~ It Just Aint That Pleasant, ,,,, to put it mildly.

Im not bothering with ignoramouses on ebay any more.

I posted these on most of the F-book blazer groups, I was able to trim $125 off with the new design. if this does not show some return for everything I put into it its gone for good this time.

Parts support for vintage vehicles ABSOLUTELY counts on customer support.

If products do not meet the goals,,

I have to discontinue them.

If someone's truck needs this very versatile accessory, attempting to contact me for help with the needed part later - after I had to go on to something else, I cant help them then.

People who make custom stuff like this . Have to see a return WHEN they bring it out,
Not "maybe someday" that's why most unique parts/ accessories like this don't survive, people's tax return from 2020 --that aint a go deal.

WyattTX 11-01-2017 07:09 PM

Cool Idea! AMC had a similar design to yours when they made the Jeep Scrambler.