The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Alternate Tinkerings (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   Mama's High School Grad Present-66' stang (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=399843)

gcburdic 04-28-2010 04:46 PM

Mama's High School Grad Present-66' stang

Well....first off I have NO pictures right now (sorry guys and gals), but I've been talking to my Dad about possibly restoring my Mom's 1966 mustang coupe (nothing special that I'm aware of....that I know of at least)...

It was her high school graduation gift given to her by her adopted mother (my Nannie...God rest her soul!!)....It also was the car Mom was driving when my Dad met her :metal:....

Just wondering if there are any vintage mustang fans on here?? Also, can you guys recommend a good (it's hard to beat this truck board) mustang forum where I can begin my research for restoration....

Thanks and I hope to get ya some pictures of it soon:D

britnjc 04-28-2010 08:52 PM

Re: Mama's High School Grad Present-66' stang

congrats, I love classic stangs. My first car was a 66 stang coupe, I now own a 65 fastback. A pretty good forum is moddedmustangs.com it is an active forum but nothing like here. but there are some cool threads going on.

Frizzle Fry 04-29-2010 01:35 PM

I'd roll an early stang. Let's see it!

67ChevyRedneck 04-29-2010 01:38 PM

Dang it Geoff, you have to one up me again? :lol:

Congrats dude ;)

gcburdic 04-29-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 3948030)
Dang it Geoff, you have to one up me again? :lol:

Congrats dude ;)

No way am I trying to one up ya man....you've inspired me to continue to inquire about it....kinda like that firebird from your pops!!!

Did ya get it home yet??....where's the pics?!?!:D

gcburdic 04-29-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frizzle Fry (Post 3948020)
I'd roll an early stang. Let's see it!

I knew someone would ask....sorry no pics yet....gotta find where my sister left it (:lol: she has it at her husband's brother's house...supposely sitting out in the weather under a tarp....UGH!!!)

67ChevyRedneck 04-29-2010 02:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by gcburdic (Post 3948056)
No way am I trying to one up ya man....you've inspired me to continue to inquire about it....kinda like that firebird from your pops!!!

Did ya get it home yet??....where's the pics?!?!:D

I'm here now (NY). My dad and I used the backhoe to set the Pontiac 400 in it yesterday :lol:

He also said he "stuck a posi" under it back in the day. I ran the numbers on the axle and it turns out that it's a 3.55 Posi out of a 1968 GTO. :metal:

No pics, my dumb butt forgot my camera! I'm taking a bunch on my mom's phone, she's supposed to email them to me.

EDIT:

Couple teasers since you asked, I don't want to muddle your thread up :D

We had to peel it out of the old garage, the propane company couldn't get to the side of the garage in the middle of winter to replace the rusty old tank, so they installed a giant tank in front of the door. This is my dad's "crap" garage (that we had NO part in building!) that he'll be eventuelly tearing down, so we cut a hole in the back to get the car out.

nuke1 04-30-2010 12:33 AM

Congrats to both of you, gotta love the unearthing pic of the bird thou. now we jsut need pics of the stang!

gcburdic 06-30-2010 05:23 PM

Sorry....still no pictures....but making some headway.....My sister has all the tires pumped up for us to roll it up on a trailer and get it over to my brother shop:metal: hopefully in the next month I'll have pictures so I can see what i am up against!!!....

Like I said, it's a plain jane car though....but Dad has picked up a factory AC and a seat frame (I guess the passenger side seat is broken)....just has the 200 ci 6 cylinder in it....not sure about the interior....but expecting the worst!!!

:haha: funny story....my Dad told me karma's coming to get me though....especially since I was the stupid little kid that liked to sit on the roof of the car....ugh...I can only imagine what that's gonna be like....stay tuned

67ChevyRedneck 06-30-2010 11:17 PM

It can't be any worse than my car, mine doesn't have a floor :haha:

JohnC 07-01-2010 02:29 PM

Congrats on another project man. Sounds like it will be a fun one. Looking forward to pics.

cayoterun 07-24-2010 10:32 PM

What a great story!!! Keep a build thread and all of us updated. Make, model, or color unimportant. Dents just adds to the memories.
That's priceless.
Cayoterun

72BlckButy 07-24-2010 10:39 PM

Can't wait to see how this turns out Geoff.... keep us posted.

And where are those pics? (Sorry just had to do it) :)

67ChevyRedneck 07-24-2010 11:16 PM

Another bump and still no pics...

Dang it Geoff... (standing with arms crossed irritatingly tapping toe) :lol:

gcburdic 07-25-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cayoterun (Post 4105527)
What a great story!!! Keep a build thread and all of us updated. Make, model, or color unimportant. Dents just adds to the memories. That's priceless.
Cayoterun

Thanks....

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72BlckButy (Post 4105542)
Can't wait to see how this turns out Geoff.... keep us posted.
And where are those pics? (Sorry just had to do it) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 4105616)

Sorry guys, but I do have an update....My Dad is going over to pick it up this week:metal: Once it he gets it into the shop, I promise pictures will be posted....I intend to do a build thread too....

FRENCHBLUE72 08-01-2010 01:55 AM

That firebird retrival is cool cant wait to see the mustang pics..

gcburdic 08-04-2010 12:43 PM

The 'stang has made it to my brother's shop.....waiting on my bro to send pictures...he said he'll send some today....sorry....don't beat me up too bad:D

HeavyD 08-04-2010 06:24 PM

I don't say it much on here, but when it comes to cars I bleed blue oval. I for one can't wait to see the progress.

67ChevyRedneck 08-04-2010 09:42 PM

Day's over... time's up...

67ChevyRedneck 08-05-2010 12:49 PM

You know Geoff, if you were a chick, you'd be one hell of a tease!

my67chevytruck 08-05-2010 01:26 PM

:lol:

gcburdic 08-05-2010 03:55 PM

:lol:

Sorry guess I'm being an :aw: My dang brother had to tuck it into a corner of the shop, now he says it's too dark for his phone camera to shoot them:(

Noboby puts baby in the corner!!!:drama:

67ChevyRedneck 08-06-2010 12:08 PM

Hey Geoff, there's a place called National Parts Depot, and they have a store/distribution warehouse right in Charlotte! They're "well received" as a good vendor to buy from on the Firebird forum I'm on. They'll also send you a free catalog, it's a pain trying to skim through the online one.

http://nationalpartsdepot.com/ Click on "Order your printed catalog."

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the Charlotte address.

gcburdic 08-06-2010 03:11 PM

Oh yeah....Thanks Jesse.....already did this a couple weeks ago....been looking in mustang forums here and there and NPD is well recognized in that crowd too.....I am extremely excited about having a parts place in my back yard!!!:metal:

Let me know if you ever need me to head over there for ya!!!:D

PanelDeland 08-06-2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck (Post 4105616)

Jessie,I been tellin LIZ forever that I need a thumb twiddling smiley for when we have to wait.

Geoff,If it turns out as nice as your truck.... You'll be fighting em off to keep folks from trying to buy it from her.

Now where's the dang pics???