The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Ebay NON payment (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=787756)

chip46wis 05-30-2019 01:03 PM

Ebay NON payment

I am so sick of Ebay with its non paying %$#@* I listed and sold my 72 shortbed recently and even though this adult called 3 times he had top bid and of course now wont respond. Am I stuck with Ebay fees? a second chance to another bidder has resulted in nothing!.... my last three sales on Ebay have had similiar results with no payment. I see now why so many wont deal with Ebay ever again.... I

notsolo 05-30-2019 01:20 PM

Re: Ebay NON payment

Don't know if it would do any good to call the credit card for that account and explain, charged for no service. Might be worth a try?

LockDoc 05-30-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chip46wis (Post 8534064)
I am so sick of Ebay with its non paying %$#@* I listed and sold my 72 shortbed recently and even though this adult called 3 times he had top bid and of course now wont respond. Am I stuck with Ebay fees? a second chance to another bidder has resulted in nothing!.... my last three sales on Ebay have had similiar results with no payment. I see now why so many wont deal with Ebay ever again.... I

File a non-paying bidder complaint with Ebay. I have never had to do it and I don't know what the results might be.

Go to your Ebay account page and click on "Resolution Center". When that page comes up you will see a "HELP" box on the right side. In that box click on "What to do when a buyer doesn't pay". It will lead you through the process.

LockDoc

too much stuff 05-30-2019 05:42 PM

Not a big deal, just file as a non payment and if he doesn't respond in 7 days you will get your fees back. The bad part is ebay doesn't really do anything against the non paying bidder.

joedoh 05-31-2019 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LockDoc (Post 8534165)
File a non-paying bidder complaint with Ebay. I have never had to do it and I don't know what the results might be.

ebay will do almost nothing to the non paying bidder. conversely, I sold a die cast rear window surround and it bumped the floor while I was carefully packaging it, cracked. I contacted the buyer, explained, cancelled the sale, refunded, told them I would relist at 50% off, sorry sorry sorry. ebay gave my account a strike that is STILL THERE. ebay exists for the buyers now, they dont give a piddle about one guy selling even a $20k item, because their power sellers are hitting that number in sales three times a week.

craigslist started charging 5 bucks to list a car. facebook marketplace should be more accountable because you know the actual name of the person and sadly its not.

no one stands up to their bid any more. last truck I sold on ebay met reserve and the buyer wanted to know how much I would deliver it for, 900 miles I told him I would have it to him in 14 hours after payment and sleep in the truck cab to save money, just pay gas and tolls and meals. He got mad like I was ripping him off, said the buy it now had free shipment, I said he should have used the buy it now (7k higher than reserve!) and he retracted his bid. he sure showed me. as childern grow into old men I am observing that more old men are growing into children.

chip46wis 06-01-2019 06:23 PM

Thank you====Non payment complaint filed----THANK YOU!!!!

65 GMC 06-01-2019 07:38 PM

I sell a lot of spare parts on Ebay, I've had pretty good luck with it. I usually have 1 out of every 40-50 sales that are non payers.

LockDoc 06-02-2019 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chip46wis (Post 8535298)
Thank you====Non payment complaint filed----THANK YOU!!!!

It may take a while. Let us know how it goes.

LockDoc

abig84 06-03-2019 03:23 AM

I dont know if you actually get charged until its shipped or marked as payment received. I screwed up a few months back selling a computer monitor and forgot to unclick international someone bid on it from china, I put free shipping and would have cost more to ship it then it sold for so i cancelled the sale and never got charged fees. Second time was a non paying buyer but he at least sent me a email saying his wife will kill him if he buys it lol.