The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   FAQ Truck Tech (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   SoCal checkin' in (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=655965)

VDOG 12-05-2007 01:33 PM

Re: SoCal checkin' in

Quote:

Originally Posted by huero (Post 2473847)
I'm in. If, anything to grab a burger.
Where is all the So Cal people?

Thats what im talking about. At my job 1 guy drives a 55 he just bought off ebay, two others drive 67-72 chevys. Are we stopping at 72 cause theres a another guy at work who drives a 75 stepside, are we excluding years?

huero 12-05-2007 02:17 PM

I don't think we should exclude years, especially when alot of our truck parts are inter-changable. Ford's and Dodge's welcomed for all I care. The more the merrier!

VDOG 12-05-2007 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huero (Post 2473888)
I don't think we should exclude years, especially when alot of our truck parts are inter-changable. Ford's and Dodge's welcomed for all I care. The more the merrier!

My thoughts exactly.

Kabwe 12-05-2007 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 2473802)
Bro im there. Cant speak for anyone else. You being in Inglewood and me on the LA/Gardena border, we will have to have our own meet if we cant get the rest involved. Come on fellas, lets get this going.
`

We could do that. So I guess I will be meeting you and huero on the 15th. If anybody else wants to show up thats cool to.

VDOG 12-05-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 2474234)
We could do that. So I guess I will be meeting you and huero on the 15th. If anybody else wants to show up thats cool to.

Sounds like 3 to me. Im going to let the guys at my job know when and where. Thats all I can do.

VDOG 12-05-2007 08:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Need to get permission to use the group logo. But figured something like this to spread the word.

Then again I could be doing too much.

Kex 12-05-2007 09:40 PM

Guys, I won't make it to Harbor City on the 15th. I think we need to get something going that's simple: maybe a group down there on the 15th and another group up at Bob's B.B. in Burbank to start things rolling. I don't care if it's just for coffee in Starbuck's at the Los Feliz Costco/Best Buy just to get things moving with just two or three guys. I think we need to start somewhere and build from there. Any takers?

huero 12-05-2007 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kex (Post 2474357)
Guys, I won't make it to Harbor City on the 15th. I think we need to get something going that's simple: maybe a group down there on the 15th and another group up at Bob's B.B. in Burbank to start things rolling. I don't care if it's just for coffee in Starbuck's at the Los Feliz Costco/Best Buy just to get things moving with just two or three guys. I think we need to start somewhere and build from there. Any takers?

I'm confused? Why 2 groups in two locations? The ricky & ronnie's get together is going to be as simple as anything can get.

Bill72BB 12-05-2007 10:08 PM

I'm at Ricky & Ronnie's , often ,but the 15th won't work for me .Hopefully the next time .

huero 12-05-2007 10:16 PM

Why not post or suggest a date that will work for everyone and maybe we can all agree to re schedule?
I'm still in for the 15th with a friend and his 72 Super.

Kex 12-06-2007 12:04 AM

Huero, I don't want to derail the meet on the 15th just because I can't make it. I think if we get a small group, or a couple of small starter groups going, we can meld everything together at some later stage and make a serious SoCal/L.A. group. I'm open to any suggestions though, if you think this is a bad idea.

I probably won't be available for anything more than a 30-60 minute "coffee stop" before mid-January.

huero 12-06-2007 12:23 AM

No problem Kex. I have organized some car cruise's with another website. The key to having a good time and turn out is if everyone makes a appearance whether you have a show truck or beater. The more people that show, the better the time to be had.

VDOG 12-06-2007 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kex (Post 2474590)
Huero, I don't want to derail the meet on the 15th just because I can't make it. I think if we get a small group, or a couple of small starter groups going, we can meld everything together at some later stage and make a serious SoCal/L.A. group. I'm open to any suggestions though, if you think this is a bad idea.
I probably won't be available for anything more than a 30-60 minute "coffee stop" before mid-January.

Kex I understand that you cant make it, people have things to do. Since I joined this group the SoCal members have been trying to meet each other for years so when the date was thrown out we took it. I see what your saying, if you have a meet with members out your way, they later on we can pick a spot for a combined meet. Kex if you have a smaller meet out there or near you post the date and time, some of us will drive there, me included.
Really want this to happen, and when I fix a few more things, then all the way to San Diego will be next on the list.

huero 12-06-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 2474992)
Since I joined this group the SoCal members have been trying to meet each other for years so when the date was thrown out we took it. if you have a smaller meet out there or near you post the date and time, some of us will drive there, me included.
Really want this to happen, and when I fix a few more things, then all the way to San Diego will be next on the list.

:agree: with VDOG 100%
Now, where are the rest of the SO Cal folks that wanted to meet up? We are on page 7 of this thread. Mucho talk if you ask me. I understand any date picked will not work for everyone but, where is everybody else?

VDOG 12-06-2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huero (Post 2475086)
:agree: with VDOG 100%
Now, where are the rest of the SO Cal folks that wanted to meet up? We are on page 7 of this thread. Mucho talk if you ask me. I understand any date picked will not work for everyone but, where is everybody else?

Like my flyer says, the 15th 12 noon. Feel free to print that flyer out and give it to other classic truck owners you see on the street. Thats what im doing. If I need to add more info, let me know. Kinding of taking this project on. Not the leader by no means, just trying to get it going.

Kabwe 12-06-2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 2475114)
Like my flyer says, the 15th 12 noon. Feel free to print that flyer out and give it to other classic truck owners you see on the street. Thats what im doing. If I need to add more info, let me know. Kinding of taking this project on. Not the leader by no means, just trying to get it going.

Yes you are the leader.lol Don't try to get out of it now. You've done more than anybody else to make this happen I vote you the leader.lol You are doing flyers and passing them out and all that. Nope you have to do it. Its in your hands now. lol

Seriously if this is going to happen I will be there. Ricky's and Ronnie on the 15th at noon. Got it.

VDOG 12-06-2007 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 2475368)
Yes you are the leader.lol Don't try to get out of it now. You've done more than anybody else to make this happen I vote you the leader.lol You are doing flyers and passing them out and all that. Nope you have to do it. Its in your hands now. lol

Seriously if this is going to happen I will be there. Ricky's and Ronnie on the 15th at noon. Got it.

I make one suggestion and my name gets changed to George Bush!!! LOL
Yea the 15th is the date for whoever can make it.

Kabwe 12-06-2007 07:54 PM

George Bush? I would never insult you in that way.lol

VDOG 12-07-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabwe (Post 2475596)
George Bush? I would never insult you in that way.lol

Thanks I was starting to feel the pressure!! LOL

So far from this board, of all the talking, ranting and raving, 3 confirms.
Huero, Kabwe, and me Vdog. Do I need to go back to the first page of this post and start sending out emails?

Sinister 12-07-2007 01:09 PM

Count me in as a maybe. Sorry I can't be more definite, my schedule is kinda crazy sometimes...

VDOG 12-07-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinister (Post 2476349)
Count me in as a maybe. Sorry I can't be more definite, my schedule is kinda crazy sometimes...

Bro thats good enough. If not this one then maybe the next. thanks for responding.

hdflstf 12-07-2007 02:52 PM

I'm still a maybe too. Mostly about if I'm driving the 72 or the SSR.

VDOG 12-07-2007 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdflstf (Post 2476470)
I'm still a maybe too. Mostly about if I'm driving the 72 or the SSR.

You can come in a Yugo with a 350 for a motor, as long as you show up.
This is more of a meet and greet, not really inportant to drive your truck the first time. Some of our trucks are not road worthy yet.

Kabwe 12-07-2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VDOG (Post 2476498)
You can come in a Yugo with a 350 for a motor, as long as you show up.
This is more of a meet and greet, not really inportant to drive your truck the first time. Some of our trucks are not road worthy yet.

Road worthy truck? whats that. Just take a look at my cardomain site and I show you road worthy.lol Man my truck will not be ready until 2015 at the rate I'm going. I just keep making changes.lol

Kabwe 12-07-2007 08:16 PM

So whats the count now on who will be there?