The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   70 truck build NW (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=634164)

ripper70 06-29-2014 11:14 AM

70 truck build NW

2 Attachment(s)
Well Ive been on this site for quite some time and have got tons of info on my build from here so its my turn to post up some pics of my project. Im well into it so far so ill post a couple pics to start and ill try and keep everyone up to date as it starts to get towards the day i fire it up!!:metal: I started with stripping it down to the frame. I used POR15 on the frame and sprayed it with chassiscoat black.Ill try and keep them in order. Ive just recently tried to organize a file of all the pics ive took over the years. Here is a couple of pics of the beginning...about 5 years ago...lol. MORE PICS TO COME
Pic 1 is frame done with axels done with POR15 epoxy grey.

Pic 2 is Blazer tank kit from brothers installed.

ripper70 06-29-2014 11:35 AM

Re: 70 truck build NW

5 Attachment(s)
OOPS! Posted in the wrong forum. Hopefully mods will move it to projects and builds:uhmk:. Here is a Pic of the Cab before. Cab corners, drivers a pillar,floor pan,both rockers and cab mount supports have all been replaced. . Here is a couple pics of the damage. Some of the rusty panels even had gallons of bondo with newspaper stuffed in for backer...lol.

ripper70 06-29-2014 11:37 AM

4 Attachment(s)
A couple more before pics

ripper70 06-29-2014 08:57 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here is some after shots of the metal mork

ripper70 06-29-2014 09:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Heres a couple more of the metal work. Rebuilt hinges as well:metal:

SierraMtns 06-29-2014 09:14 PM

WOW....awesome metal work. Keep up the good work.

How do you like the gas tank from Brothers? How many gal is it?

Thanks

ripper70 06-30-2014 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SierraMtns (Post 6741391)
WOW....awesome metal work. Keep up the good work.

How do you like the gas tank from Brothers? How many gal is it?

Thanks

Went in easy with minor fabrication. The tank is 21 gallon. I haven't got my bed back from body shop yet so i haven't routed any of the breather lines or fill tube yet. I'm planning on putting my filler tube in my rear stake pocket and out the side with a fabbed out little box and a boat pop up filler cap.

oldiron 06-30-2014 03:31 AM

Moving to Projects as requested.
Or so I thought. System is having server problems. I will notified day shift of your request.
Dennis

ripper70 06-30-2014 11:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of the Cab Painted and mounted. Ill round up some pics of the inside and firewall completely done with rhino liner. Paint is a metallic grey that changes dark dark green.

mcbassin 06-30-2014 01:42 PM

Excellent job fixing the cab! Looks great.

ripper70 06-30-2014 05:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Next was time to mock up some mounts for 98 Chevy buckets with flip down console. I built the mounts using originals just added angle iron and 1x2 .120 where i needed to to make up for the difference in heights. STAY TUNED LOTS MORE PICS to come SOON! Im installing new steering column tonight but want to post pics in order since im a bit behind. Ive just about rebuilt everything on the truck.

ripper70 06-30-2014 09:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
After i painted my seat mounts i Bolted my high hump on, layed down some insulation/sound barrier, factory firewall insulation and carpet from lmc.Turned out pretty good i think.

ripper70 07-01-2014 11:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
After i installed my carpet i went over the design i wanted with the upholstery guy i sent my seats off to get done. Next up was to start rebuilding a fewe things. First i tackled my heater core assembly. Pulled it all apart, popped all the rivets painted everything,replaced the seals,exc. Next i rebuilt my control assembly with a repair kit. Then i installed my New ignition switch. Here is a few pics of them finished. Man alive its hard finding all these pics. Seems like im missing a bunch but when you wife just downloads the memory card and doesn't label anything im amazed i can find anything. Im literally looking through well over 10k pics :dohh: Wish me luck.

ripper70 07-02-2014 11:32 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Next was Rebuilding my air vents and wing windows. I drilled out the rivets on the air vents, bought new seals had the pieces powder coated black then riveted them all back together. Wing windows i did the same thing drilled all the rivets out, powder coated all the pieces black and used new rivet kit and seal kit to put it all back together. Came out real nice i think. Here is before and after pics

mcbassin 07-02-2014 01:40 PM

Very nice work on your truck. Vent windows turned out really good.

ripper70 07-04-2014 11:47 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Next i mounted my Brake pedal assembly and my master cylinder. Then came the start of my Painless wiring kit. Taking your time is key with wiring,double check then triple check then make everything look nicer then it did from factory..lol.Only wiring i have completed is under dash at this point. Here is a couple pics.

ripper70 12-04-2014 03:33 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well I got REAL busy with work so took a little break on the truck. Im back at it. Since i posted Last I Have got the Steering column in, seats which are out of a 98 Ext. cab Chevy. Just had them upholstered to match paint color. Got my classic industries gauge cluster in. Got all my front harness complete, just need to button everything up so its tight. All wires wrapped in power braid. Built my cooling system with twin 3k cfm fans. Ive got my Bed Mounted on. Put together my grill the other night and got it installed minus 1 headlight bucket. Ill try and keep more pics coming as i wrap it up in the following months. Heres a few pics

ripper70 12-04-2014 03:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is a few more pics. I also had the bed rhino linered. I put the gas filler in the driver side rear of the bed. I just fabed out a little box for it. Also i rebuilt my front dif and put a Tru-Trac in it.

underliner6 12-06-2014 10:15 AM

Great work! Your truck looks brand new! :chevy:

67c10rustbuket 12-06-2014 01:02 PM

Wow that was some serious rust surgery. Great job, awesome 4x4!

Possmguts 12-06-2014 01:42 PM

Man.. you wasnt fibbing about the rust. Such a nice truck now... really nice job. I would like to do a 4x4 too. I have a friend with a burb body I might get off him once the truck is back together.

markmdz 01-15-2015 07:29 PM

Updates? This truck is really turning out mint. Very nice job so far.

ripper70 10-10-2015 01:42 PM

Well its been alooonnnng time since i have posted. Ive been so busy with construction on the coast here its insane. Anyways ive worked a little here and there on my truck..im gonna work a little on the fuel system today and take a few pics for everyone. Also got another chevy that ive got to get rid of soon that is in really good condition and has a story behind it. Pics to come

ripper70 10-13-2015 05:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Worked on the fuel system a bit this last weekend. Routed my filler hose and breather line up to filler neck. Next is to get a couple ballcheck vents to put on my remaining vent outlets on the blazer tank. Next weekend ill be wiring my tail lights.

ripper70 09-05-2016 03:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
UPDATE ALERT

Its been awhile since posting some progress on my 70 build. My wife talked me into building her a jeep so I paused on this and built her 1 but I'm back at my 70. Its just about 100 percent complete now. Ill try and get some updated pics. Here is a couple of the finished exhaust. I bought a set of Hedman ceramic coated headers and Stainless Works exhaust. The exhaust I had to cut and change direction on 1 side to got around blazer tank but I think it turned out good. I pitched the mufflers diagonal to clear the frame rails a little better.