The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=211)
-   -   PO has me PO'd (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=210641)

Chevyman63 03-23-2007 10:05 AM

Re: PO has me PO'd

Thank you...I've been patiently waiting for the next set of pics.
As usual, looks great.

jaros44sr 03-23-2007 04:43 PM

If you wait for me, you might die of old age before this project gets done. Thanks for the comps.

That was the last pc. of the puzzle for the 'B' post, just 1 small bracket underneath. Now its all welding and grinding in this area, then I can start moving to the forward area. I don't think I am gonna hit my May deadline. J.

jaros44sr 03-25-2007 06:54 PM

Current pics. of weekends work:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...eplace04-1.jpg

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...eplace03-6.jpg

Now it's time to focus on the front floorboard again, 3 more holes to fill in!!

RustyParts 03-27-2007 09:44 AM

Solder sure looks nice, but what a pain to mess with, hope it's unleaded. Had a brother-in-law almost die from lead poisoning. Kinda wish I'd made a piece to fit at that corner on mine. You've almost got the hard part done.

jaros44sr 03-27-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyParts (Post 2095545)
Solder sure looks nice, but what a pain to mess with, hope it's unleaded. Had a brother-in-law almost die from lead poisoning. Kinda wish I'd made a piece to fit at that corner on mine. You've almost got the hard part done.

Thanks Rusty, yeah that pc. finished off the backside of the rocker real nice. You'd think they would make something like that, sure adds alot of strength between the step up and floorboard. It ties 5 patch panels together

Most of the fitting is done on the front, just some touch up trimming. This plate I'm trying to recess is taking longer than it should, I think I outthought myself on that one! haha dumb idea

What kinda progress you got goin? Fire up the BB yet??

RustyParts 03-27-2007 07:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yeah, I fired her up a couple a three weeks ago, man that sucker has sure got some throttle response. I think I'm going to like the VooDoo cam and stealth intake combination.

I finished painting and clearcoating the dash and bulkhead. Now I'm waiting for my next pension check so I can get the firewall pads, then I can reinstall the brakes and steering so I can move er outside and clean it up.

BUDDY 03-27-2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyParts (Post 2096535)
Yeah, I fired her up a couple a three weeks ago, man that sucker has sure got some throttle response. I think I'm going to like the VooDoo cam and stealth intake combination.

I finished painting and clearcoating the dash and bulkhead. Now I'm waiting for my next pension check so I can get the firewall pads, then I can reinstall the brakes and steering so I can move er outside and clean it up.

Well, I think you should post up some more pictures of you're SWEET build!! :metal: One of the big reasons I love checking this forum is the motivation it gives me to get moving on my project! Nice bulkhead, BTW!

More pics!
More pics!
More pics!
More pics!
More pics!
More pics!

Come on everybody! :metal: :phat: :bling2:

More pics!
More pics!
More pics!
More pics!
More pics!
More pics!

Later,
Buddy

jaros44sr 03-28-2007 05:23 AM

Hey Rusty, nice work as usual, hard to believe what it once was!! Glad to hear you got the BB running, haven't heard my motor in 3 years haha

Fixing those doors had tobe a pita, don't think I coulda dun it, no payshaints

Could you post up some pics of how your bulkhead is mounted up. It looks like it is mounted behind the 'B' post and into the bedsides. I want to move mine back about a foot and a half.

Finally found a set of slots like yours, now I just got to pay for them. Talk to you later, some of us have to go to WORK

RustyParts 03-29-2007 10:30 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The bulkhead can be placed further back but you will have to add extensions of sheetmetal on the sides of the bulkhead where it bolts to the "B" pillar. The top and bottom won't matter.

Just one note, if your using a half cab you won't have any place for the top to bolt on the bulkhead unless the top of the bulkhead is extended also.

If your using it as storage with a full top you will have to add a couple of pieces of angle at the top to bolt through the bedside the floor won't matter.

Yukon Jack 03-29-2007 11:05 AM

Looking incredible!

jaros44sr 03-29-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyParts (Post 2098946)
The bulkhead can be placed further back but you will have to add extensions of sheetmetal on the sides of the bulkhead where it bolts to the "B" pillar. The top and bottom won't matter.

Just one note, if your using a half cab you won't have any place for the top to bolt on the bulkhead unless the top of the bulkhead is extended also.

If your using it as storage with a full top you will have to add a couple of pieces of angle at the top to bolt through the bedside the floor won't matter.

Thanks Rusty, you came thru again for the gazillionth time. I want to make a cab and a quarter out of my hardtop. Saw Dave's Amnesia do something close, and I figured if he candoit....

Your shelf idea won't work, I need my seats to tilt back. Thanks for the thought anyway. How does it fit to the bedsides, is it cut out to match that contour?

Dude you gotta change yor handle, doesn't fit anymore with that shiney interior. Don't post anymore pics, your putting me to shame. J/K You might get my post count up to 10,000 with that truck looking so good. J.

jaros44sr 03-29-2007 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukon Jack (Post 2098993)
Looking incredible!

YJ, I take it your talking to Rusty

RustyParts 03-29-2007 07:19 PM

Your shelf idea won't work, I need my seats to tilt back. Thanks for the thought anyway. How does it fit to the bedsides, is it cut out to match that contour?

Nope, it's contoured to fit the pillar the bedsides will be farther out. I added a piece of metal to mine to extend the bulkhead to fit the bedsides. When I get all the junk out of the back of mine i'll snap some pics for ya'.

By the way, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

jaros44sr 03-30-2007 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyParts (Post 2099656)

By the way, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Don't no nottin bout hyjacking, I asked how your progress was and you posted up. It's a information highway, and if people learn something from my thread I'm happy. I can't help it if your truck is nicer than mine. I just like to see things people can create with there own hands. Most people would haved turned their backs on our projects.
You have helped me out alot in the short amount of time that I've known you

Post up every pic. of your truck if you want, my ego is not that big....... J.

Yukon Jack 03-30-2007 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44 (Post 2099520)
YJ, I take it your talking to Rusty

Whoops, yep I was.

RustyParts 03-30-2007 10:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Jaros, here's a couple of shots of the rear of the bulkhead I promised. I added a piece of steel to each side of the bulkhead to waterproof the sides.

The pieces are fully welded to the bulkhead and tacked to the bedside then sealed with seam sealer as well as the bottom.

jaros44sr 03-30-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukon Jack (Post 2100504)
Whoops, yep I was.

I knew it cause mine didn't rate awesome yet. haha

jaros44sr 03-30-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyParts (Post 2100590)
Jaros, here's a couple of shots of the rear of the bulkhead I promised. I added a piece of steel to each side of the bulkhead to waterproof the sides.

The pieces are fully welded to the bulkhead and tacked to the bedside then sealed with seam sealer as well as the bottom.

Thanks Parts, they should dun that in the first place, I just assumed they did that. Thanks for the pics, I have a better idea how it is going to mount up now. Looked at it again and it looks like I only need a foot.

Wonder if I could make a mount that incorporates that pc. you fabed up?? But still tie it into the 'B' post? Turn it into a 3 pc system!!!!! Use nutserts in the bed sides so I can take it out. Don't want the next owner screaming about the PO that once owned the truck.......

RustyParts 03-30-2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44 (Post 2101095)
Thanks Parts, they should dun that in the first place, I just assumed they did that. Thanks for the pics, I have a better idea how it is going to mount up now. Looked at it again and it looks like I only need a foot.

Wonder if I could make a mount that incorporates that pc. you fabed up?? But still tie it into the 'B' post? Turn it into a 3 pc system!!!!! Use nutserts in the bed sides so I can take it out. Don't want the next owner screaming about the PO that once owned the truck.......

For a fabricator of your caliber should be a piece of cake, especially after replacing the tough stuff in the floors.

jaros44sr 03-31-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyParts (Post 2101158)
For a fabricator of your caliber should be a piece of cake, especially after replacing the tough stuff in the floors.

Don't know what to say...

jaros44sr 04-03-2007 06:17 PM

Thread is temporarily closed, gone fishin'. Be back after the Holidays. Hope everyone has a nice Easter with their families. and don't eat all the kids treats. Later Jim

Chevyman63 04-04-2007 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44 (Post 2107573)
Hope everyone has a nice Easter with their families. and don't eat all the kids treats. Later Jim

I second that...you have a good one too.

jaros44sr 04-04-2007 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevyman63 (Post 2108439)
I second that...you have a good one too.

The Jimmy was supposed to be making the trip as well, ain't happening again....

Chevyman63 04-04-2007 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44 (Post 2108444)
The Jimmy was supposed to be making the trip as well, ain't happening again....

Hang in there J...as VT would sat, "enjoy the journey"...I think it was VT that said it?

RustyParts 04-04-2007 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaros44 (Post 2107573)
Thread is temporarily closed, gone fishin'. Later Jim

Those bugle-mouth bass are some good fighters, take plenty of hooks and have fun.