The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Stacey David, what's up with his? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=478883)

slomotion 08-13-2011 02:18 PM

Re: Stacey David, what's up with his?

With all of those shows, I wish they would tell us what a project/part costs in real everyday dollars.

Stocker 08-13-2011 05:35 PM

That would be enlightening -- they'll probably never do it because it would discourage a lot of viewers, who might then simply lose interest and tune out.

Frkypunk70 08-13-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slomotion (Post 4843124)
With all of those shows, I wish they would tell us what a project/part costs in real everyday dollars.

Realistically, I have a pretty good idea of what most of those parts cost and they are normally WAY, out of my budget. It's funny how nice a vehicle you can build, when someone else is footing the bill. It's kinda like, when Norm Abrams whip out a laser guided saw and tells you "any homeowner can do this"
Posted via Mobile Device

fastwillie 696969 08-13-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slomotion (Post 4843124)

Freebie

Frkypunk70 10-05-2013 05:33 PM

Wow!..., I just laughed my butt off over this old thread I started...hope you enjoy it as much as I did re-reading it...lol

Ron 586 10-07-2013 04:14 AM

Glad to see that you hung around Frkypunk70. Love your siggy.

special-K 10-07-2013 09:40 AM

I guess he should shave his head,grow a goatee,tattoo his arms,cross them,wear shop shirts,loose ankle length pants/shorts,and act pissed off. Some have to have "the look" to counter their lack of talent and some have talent,which generally means they don't follow trends that someone else set.
It is a funny thread. All TV gets on my nerves in one way or ten. I like things natural and you won't find that where producers and advertisers run the show and just chose who they want to set out front. Stacey David is a rare one who is there for his talent,and believe it or not,his happy personality. I'd rather spend the day in his shop than 35 minutes around Jesse James.

Ron 586 10-07-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 6303350)
I guess he should shave his head,grow a goatee,tattoo his arms,cross them,wear shop shirts,loose ankle length pants/shorts,and act pissed off. Some have to have "the look" to counter their lack of talent and some have talent,which generally means they don't follow trends that someone else set.
It is a funny thread. All TV gets on my nerves in one way or ten. I like things natural and you won't find that where producers and advertisers run the show and just chose who they want to set out front. Stacey David is a rare one who is there for his talent,and believe it or not,his happy personality. I'd rather spend the day in his shop than 35 minutes around Jesse James.

That just about says it all. I agree.

Madtat 10-07-2013 06:14 PM

Why do his guitars match his cars? :lol:

Frkypunk70 10-07-2013 08:43 PM

Just thought it was amusing...I love the people on this site ...although it is a revolving door. I come for a bit ..disappear for a bit, but I always drive my 70:)

boatpuller 10-07-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron 586 (Post 6303695)
That just about says it all. I agree.

Yup, I agree too. At least Ol' Stacey doesn't walk around like he's got a full diaper. As for J. James....Very talented....But..My Momma taught me "if you ain't got nuthin good to say don't say anything".....I'm not sayin nuthin.

special-K 10-07-2013 09:36 PM

Yep,Jesse James is extremely talented. He just can't handle being that good.

TJ's Chevy 10-07-2013 09:37 PM

I've watched all of Stacey David's shows and I really can't say anything bad except that the shows end to early and what he calls budget is a full pay check to the average HARD working American. The first one I watched was the Inline 6 video he did and i could say it was good but a V8 would still smoke the little 6. He said they have TONS of torque( his would only have about 240 foot pounds after all the mods). But his show are great! T.J.:chevy:

Frkypunk70 10-07-2013 09:37 PM

Talent is talent...really does it matter how someone looks? When I hear tattoos and piercing I think I got gramps mad.. again....except he has been dead since 77. If your good at what you do"..how you look means nothing. I have no tattoos or piercing .l.but I do have OCD:)

TJ's Chevy 10-07-2013 09:45 PM

I don't care about how he looks or laughs or throws things. The throwing actually makes me laugh! He throws things cause it usually makes things funny. Not like he's breaking the dang thing! :chevy:

jitteryguy 10-07-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodak68 (Post 4837659)
Yeah I think he makes everyone's wife or girlfriend crazy and maybe guys watch just because they know the wifey will go elsewhere. I've been watching his shows for years and even though he is more infomercial then information I still like some of his projects and still watch now and then. I want to see that cornbinder ceo done up. And whats up with the dog?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillyoldman (Post 4838916)
Dude that's called football! Dun dun dun da...du dunt....dunt ta duduh dunt ta da duh...du dunt!:lol:

my girlfriend watch's all the car show's on TV and dare's me to change the channel when she's watch'n football.
as far as Stacey, I watch to see the project's not to look at his jean's.

special-K 10-08-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frkypunk70 (Post 6304530)
Talent is talent...really does it matter how someone looks? When I hear tattoos and piercing I think I got gramps mad.. again....except he has been dead since 77. If your good at what you do"..how you look means nothing. I have no tattoos or piercing .l.but I do have OCD:)

I agree,that's my point. Not saying anything against tattoos (or piercings),I have tattoos (and had a pierced ear a short while...in '76 ;)). Just comparing what's "in" now compared to Stacey with his "out dated" look...or whatever the issue a person might have with his looks. I don't understand how anyone can be so concerned with how someone chooses to look. Not saying there aren't people who go so far that few can help but wonder. The tossing is a humorous gesture that became a trademark. Heck,I've tossed parts too :cool:

JON67 10-08-2013 12:29 PM

I have not watched his shows much, at least since trucks, but I am not sure I have seen him do anything that would constitute "talent" it seems he wrenches on some parts that the shows' interns had already pre done. all the bolts and such come off way too easy, and he comes away way too clean for it to be real. maybe I just miss the point of shows like this though.

TJ's Chevy 10-08-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 6305280)
I agree,that's my point. Not saying anything against tattoos (or piercings),I have tattoos (and had a pierced ear a short while...in '76 ;)). Just comparing what's "in" now compared to Stacey with his "out dated" look...or whatever the issue a person might have with his looks. I don't understand how anyone can be so concerned with how someone chooses to look. Not saying there aren't people who go so far that few can help but wonder. The tossing is a humorous gesture that became a trademark. Heck,I've tossed parts too :cool:

I only toss parts when I'm mad!:lol:

boatpuller 10-08-2013 01:40 PM

I also dont judge by tats and piercing......my problem with james is his whiner poor me attitude.i think he could take some tips from staceys happy go lucky style.

CG 10-08-2013 08:26 PM

I never watched his show when he was building that copper truck. I got so sick of hearing about it on this board I refused to watch.

Then I caught one of his old episodes in a rerun ... I was still sick of hearing about that truck but I felt kinda bad that I had judged him without even watching. He really seems to be a pretty ok fella ... very likeable.

I cant comment on his looks or his clothes because Im about as far from perfect in looks and clothes as it gets lol.

And Tim an ear ring in 79 ??? Heck back then no males around here wore them because everyone was pretty sure if you wore an ear ring in a certain ear it meant that you batted for the other team ... lol ... and no one knew which ear that was :lol:

meatwagon83 10-08-2013 09:12 PM

i like him, he is genuine, unlike the crap crop of biker wanna be shows on these days!

special-K 10-08-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 6305961)
And Tim an ear ring in 79 ??? Heck back then no males around here wore them because everyone was pretty sure if you wore an ear ring in a certain ear it meant that you batted for the other team ... lol ... and no one knew which ear that was :lol:

No,1976! I cut my long hair (to what many would still think is long hair now) and wasn't sure how comfortable I was with looking so "acceptable". I was listening to Bonnie Raitt's song,"That Song About The Midway" and the line "He stood out like a ruby,in a black man's ear" got me thinking about a man with an earring. I was thinking more like genies (Mr. Clean) pirates.bikers,surfers,and such. Never occurred to me about the guys batting for the other team. The nurse asked which ear and I told her the right. My thinking was it wouldn't stand out as much while driving. I had people telling me I had it on the other team's side,but all the guys from the other team I saw had them on the left. I drove across the country a couple months later. In San Francisco a girl told me that it meant you were married/taken,there. I thought that was really funny! :lol: It seemed with an earring it was the first thing people looked at and wondered what it meant. It didn't mean anything. I decided to take it out after a few months.

kcsa75 10-09-2013 12:30 AM

Is his show still on since Speed Channel went away?

special-K 10-09-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JON67 (Post 6305375)
I have not watched his shows much, at least since trucks, but I am not sure I have seen him do anything that would constitute "talent" it seems he wrenches on some parts that the shows' interns had already pre done. all the bolts and such come off way too easy, and he comes away way too clean for it to be real. maybe I just miss the point of shows like this though.

You're right,it's not real...it's TV. But,he is known to be a true wrencher/fabricator. AND,he plays guitar! When I look around I mostly see musicians who can't work on cars or mechanics who can't play music. When you find someone who does both it says they probably have talent in about anything they do. Again,from what "I've" seen. Jeff Beck is a prime example of a limitless skill in both guitar playing and hot rod building. Very rare