The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   projects and builds (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Super Duper Haggis Hauler II - The Resurrection (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=742352)

mjh1965 07-31-2018 02:48 PM

Re: Super Duper Haggis Hauler II - The Resurrection

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacQuigley (Post 8312772)
I used Speedflow Ian, who were a lot cheaper than Merlin, but ill try Hosefittings next time.

Ill try Martin, but ive realised i still need the missing levers as well so i still need to locate some.

I used Hosefittings uk as well . I am fitting as electric park brake to my truck . The best bit is , it's also a good anti theft device . I will fit the switch out of the way, but fit a small led light that tells me it's on . Bill just give me a call if you want to ask any questions , as we fit them on lots of disability vehicles .

MacQuigley 07-31-2018 04:52 PM

Hi Martin, I'll give you a call to discuss but one quick question, do I need the original levers to make an electric actuator operate the parking brakes?

MacQuigley 07-31-2018 05:08 PM

Martin/Ian, Im going to content myself with the fact that Hosefittings only had 2 of the items I needed because those two items between them were about £10 cheaper and if I was to multiply that up Id probably have saved Oh about £80!

Im sure they can get anything I need and if that's the case I DONT WANT TO KNOW!

And Speedflow were at least the same cheaper than Merlin who must be making a fortune.

So I know where to go next time!

PS - Some Scotsman I am!

MacQuigley 08-05-2018 05:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I said Id let you see the Vette when I got here finished, well she isn't finished yet but after 12+ weeks I got here back from the paint shop last Thursday and am in the process of putting here back together.

Attachment 1808630

Attachment 1808631

Attachment 1808632

Attachment 1808633

Was going to attach a video put cant get it to attach.

Captainfab 08-05-2018 11:45 PM

That paint jobs looks great :thumbs:

Grizz1963 08-06-2018 02:56 AM

That looks absolutely lovely from down here in Kent.

I am sure you are happy to have it back on site too.

aggie91 08-06-2018 10:48 AM

Love that color on the vette!

ibrown50 08-06-2018 02:53 PM

Very nice Bill :metal::metal:

MacQuigley 09-05-2018 05:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If all goes well tomorrow, and with the luck Ive been having of late it probably wont, I hope to for this up for the first time.

Attachment 1818369

Wish me luck!!!

MacQuigley 09-06-2018 02:26 PM

Well after much faffing about and head scratching and tweaking of this or that the 454 fired up. I'll not say it burst into life, more like spluttered for a few seconds and died but it did run on its own for that time.

Still need to tweak the card and the valves but at least Im there abouts.

Got to take the wife away for the weekend and then next week I must catch up on some much needed jobs (I'll be glad to go back to work) so it will be a few days before I get back to it.

That tunnel is getting closer!

MacQuigley 09-15-2018 02:16 PM

Was going to post a video if the engine running and some pictures but once again it wont let me.

Anyone know of another programme like Photobucket I can use?

68Gold/white 09-17-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacQuigley (Post 8316154)
I said Id let you see the Vette when I got here finished, well she isn't finished yet but after 12+ weeks I got here back from the paint shop last Thursday and am in the process of putting here back together.

Attachment 1808630

Attachment 1808631

Attachment 1808632

Attachment 1808633

Was going to attach a video put cant get it to attach.

Custom color???

MacQuigley 09-17-2018 04:26 PM

House of Kolor deep kandy red.

MacQuigley 09-24-2018 07:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ive given up trying to load any videos so for now its pictures only.

So, over the weekend I hand the drivers door and front fender and started to blend them together. Fortunately they needed considerably less work than the passenger side did and I got them done over the 2 days, to the point I can take them off and finish them in the garage over the winter months.

Attachment 1823814

Attachment 1823815

Attachment 1823816

So the plans over the coming cold months will be to get the door and fender filled and painted and hopefully hung permanently. Then all the bed panels need prepping and painting before fitting. Weather permitting all the electrics need doing and the interior outfitted. I need to build a quieter exhaust. Id like to stick with 3" pipes but Im struggling to find a way through all the suspension to the back. The front upper and lower control arms need to come off for repainting. All the powder coating is coming off the parts I bought from POL (or should that be POS) so that needs redoing.

When I say it like that there doesn't seem that much left to do!

MacQuigley 09-28-2018 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From my youngest daughter on our birthday

Attachment 1824708

MacQuigley 10-29-2018 10:44 AM

5 Attachment(s)
So Ive been a bit slow latterly updating this but work has been progressing. Amongst other things I ended up re running the temporary exhaust pipes. The plan is I will re do them with a X member in the middle and likely 2 mufflers on each branch.

Attachment 1833410

Attachment 1833411

Attachment 1833412

Also got the passenger vent window frame cleaned up and painted. Still the drivers to do

Attachment 1833413

And yesterday I finally completed all the wiring on the instrument panel, well nearly all. The water temp gauge is in the engine bay right now

Attachment 1833414

Ive also just about got the drivers door ready for painting. A days work should see it done but its been nice, if cold and eventually dark, outside of late so while I can I'll work on the cab etc. I'll keep painting for inside when it gets really cold.

ibrown50 10-29-2018 12:26 PM

The gauge cluster looks great Bill :metal: Now the clocks have gone back we’ve nothing to look forward to but cold and dark ( we had our first snow on Saturday) :lol: but at least we can get some serious garage time

MacQuigley 10-29-2018 01:53 PM

It was bloody cold at the weekend Ian but the sun was shining so I made the most of it while I still could. Torture though, its dark at 5pm today!

MacQuigley 10-31-2018 05:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What do you know, there really is LIGHT at the end of the tunnel!

Attachment 1834139

Just connected to the battery for now, to check my battery for the most. Still got the fix the gauges in place yet.

BTW what goes in the 3 switch holes to the left of the column? Wiper switch, light switch and ??? And what order do they go in?

Hansome 10-31-2018 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacQuigley (Post 8375343)
What do you know, there really is LIGHT at the end of the tunnel!

Attachment 1834139

Just connected to the battery for now, to check my battery for the most. Still got the fix the gauges in place yet.

BTW what goes in the 3 switch holes to the left of the column? Wiper switch, light switch and ??? And what order do they go in?

Manual Choke ?

loving the updates
H

Hansome 10-31-2018 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hansome (Post 8375354)
Manual Choke ?

loving the updates
H

nope thats on the other side ? right?

hazard lights?

purely guessing now :lol:

MacQuigley 10-31-2018 06:19 PM

Yip, choke is on the right.

Could be a hazard switch originally I guess but Ive got one on my steering column now.

Cant go with the original layout as that was butchered.

MacQuigley 10-31-2018 06:21 PM

I am thinking of putting a electric screen washer in and I could fit the push for that there but that will mean drilling out the hole a little. Id like to know what should go in there before I do that.

Hansome 10-31-2018 06:26 PM

been on my mind so i found out for you!!

www.lmctruck.com/features/cbe/CBECH1.htm

MacQuigley 10-31-2018 08:17 PM

Much appreciated.

I have the choke where the throttle cable should be but that is the only place it fitted and Im not really sure what the throttle cable is for, a hand operated throttle?