The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   SNEAK PEEK for forum members (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=418543)

C20-67_N_MO 09-03-2010 02:01 PM

Re: SNEAK PEEK for forum members

I'm interested in one of these as well, just as long as I can hang my state required front license plate on it. AURGH!!

Oh wait! What am I saying?

I already bought one from LMC that has the driving lights installed?

Yikes!

Well if you guys have the group buy I just might have to consider it as the bumper does look very slick.

piecesparts 09-03-2010 04:21 PM

Install it and then make a billet bracket that comes from under the bumper and holds the front license plate up in front of the bumper. If you show it, then make it removable and you have no holes. My state does not require a front bumper, so i am good.

LeatherMan69 09-03-2010 06:14 PM

Ummm pretty sure i just found the bumper i want.... Whens the price going to be listed?? dont forget some of us are poor wink wink

1LoC10 09-03-2010 08:34 PM

he already said the price

C10-Driver 09-03-2010 09:38 PM

I'm interested in 2 for both front and rear.

Mondo 09-03-2010 11:41 PM

This is great! We've talked about someone doing this for quite awhile.

I'm getting this bumper for my car and here's how you can handle the front license plate (can get away without one in Ca).

1LoC10 09-04-2010 03:31 PM

that would be funny to drive around with it hidden. and if you did get pulled over.. tell the cop what you talking bout there is a plate up there, and watch him scratch his head...lol

68 short step 09-04-2010 07:16 PM

count me in for one, or two, or ???? when they come out...be sure to keep us posted

Mondo 09-05-2010 12:34 AM

rear bumper

I'd suggest you incorporate the license plate similar to how it is for a couple reasons. The boltless look will still match the front.

1. Unlike the front plate, you'll definately get a ticket without the back plate exposed, even when parked. Having to create a bracket over the smooth bumper would look hokey. The built in style is hard to improve on. I've seen the license plate incorporated into the tailgate but that played out years ago.

2. I'd bet that many tow with their truck, and having the receiver hitch behind the license plate is the cleanest look. Your bumper should incorporate the rear flip up license plate holder that's been around for years. There's no way anyone could use your bumper if they have that type of hitch. The only answer would be to have the hitch exposed under the bumper, defeating the whole purpose.

Again thanks for doing this... I think your going to make a killing on these.

piecesparts 09-05-2010 10:25 AM

Re: rear bumper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mondo (Post 4174090)
I'd suggest you incorporate the license plate similar to how it is for a couple reasons. The boltless look will still match the front.

1. Unlike the front plate, you'll definately get a ticket without the back plate exposed, even when parked. Having to create a bracket over the smooth bumper would look hokey. The built in style is hard to improve on. I've seen the license plate incorporated into the tailgate but that played out years ago.

2. I'd bet that many tow with their truck, and having the receiver hitch behind the license plate is the cleanest look. Your bumper should incorporate the rear flip up license plate holder that's been around for years. There's no way anyone could use your bumper if they have that type of hitch. The only answer would be to have the hitch exposed under the bumper, defeating the whole purpose.

Again thanks for doing this... I think your going to make a killing on these.

There are many street rods out there that have hidden license plates on them. I don't know about other states, but I believe that there is no law about stopped vehicles without plates in my area.

mikemileski 09-05-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piecesparts (Post 4174351)
There are many street rods out there that have hidden license plates on them. I don't know about other states, but I believe that there is no law about stopped vehicles without plates in my area.

Then how do they give out parking tickets if there is no plate to write it against?

Mike Mileski
Tucson, AZ

piecesparts 09-05-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemileski (Post 4174438)
Then how do they give out parking tickets if there is no plate to write it against?

Mike Mileski
Tucson, AZ

Who cares???

Parking tickets only exist if you let them do it. Most rodders are not far from their rigs at any time.

Mondo 09-06-2010 01:30 AM

Most cops will give hotrods a break... but I doubt they consider our trucks that unique. Here's part of California's law:

"...V C Section 5201 Positioning of Plates
Positioning of Plates
5201. License plates shall at all times be securely fastened to the vehicle for which they are issued so as to prevent the plates from swinging, shall be mounted in a position so as to be clearly visible, and shall be maintained in a condition so as to be clearly legible. The rear license plate shall be mounted not less than 12 inches nor more than 60 inches from the ground, and the front license plate shall be mounted not more than 60 inches from the ground, except as follows: ..."

piecesparts 09-06-2010 10:17 AM

For the most part, one can keep the plate visible or just push a button and have it disappear. Depends on your needs and what the situation is.

thehitchmaster 09-06-2010 08:49 PM

73-87 please!! I would'nt be upset if you made the bumpers fit a lil more snug as well.

stickelspeed 09-07-2010 01:16 PM

count me in for a group buy..

m6z 09-15-2010 10:51 AM

Nice.

slugish 09-15-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 4168616)
as we do. There are parts for these trucks made in the US, Mexico, Argentina, China, Taiwan, Thailand, India, etc. The economics of doing certain parts and projects dictate that not everything can be done to satisfy everyone. If we have a tool made in Detroit and we end up with an $800.00 bumper we'll never sell enough to break even and that doesn't necessarily mean that you're getting a better part. We now have a bumper made outside the US, warrantied, and I think we'll offer it at $299.99.

Hey Jon, too many nines > just price it at 300.00. Hate it when gas is 259.9 ,& car prices are 4999.99 . Iguess marketing strtagies say youshould nine everything to death however .

Hey guys , have seen this bumper on Tim Christians truck & it is verry sweeeet. Think this is a very reasonable price.

hopefully one is made for the 81-87's

Slowleadmccey 09-16-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slugish (Post 4193654)
Hey guys , have seen this bumper on Tim Christians truck & it is verry sweeeet. Think this is a very reasonable price.

hopefully one is made for the 81-87's

Is there a link?

1LoC10 09-16-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowleadmccey (Post 4194548)
Is there a link?

thats Tims truck in the first picture on here

5150 09-16-2010 02:55 PM

Yes
Posted via Mobile Device

piecesparts 09-16-2010 09:09 PM

When and where????

jokers_vs_clowns 09-22-2010 10:40 PM

I'm interested in a front and back for a 72 chevy when they're available. Awesome look. can't wait!

1nice67chevy 10-08-2010 09:50 PM

is the frnt available and well a rear be also?

superflysteiny 10-13-2010 01:03 PM

I am in for a chrome one.