The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   '76 with factory bucket seats (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=744278)

Waco Fat Daddy 08-09-2017 10:01 PM

'76 with factory bucket seats

I am in the process of acquiring a c10 that came with bucket seats/console and 454 engine. Just wondering if any of you know if this is a special, truck or just another square body that has a large cid engine?

xs-style 08-09-2017 10:40 PM

Re: '76 with factory bucket seats

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that it's anything special. But, personally the big block and the bucket seat interior are two pretty nice options in my opinion. In a few years, as this body style grows in popularity, I think they could have merit, but time will tell. Nice to see another local guy on this board. I live in Lawndale and work in cherryville, so maybe I'll see ya around. post us some pictures when you get time.

DBLSPRT68 08-10-2017 09:14 AM

I don't think it's a special edition, but more of a customer ordered what he wanted kind of truck. Sounds very cool, and these trucks are climbing up the collectable ladder. So, that truck will be a nice one unlike most with the bench. :metal:

Waco Fat Daddy 08-10-2017 07:42 PM

Thanks for the response, I am just starting to take interest in the square bodies. I have focused on the 67-72's for years now. I have noticed the squares are starting to gain popularity. Strange though, seems the '85-'87's get more attention. I realize the fronts are different, but I think I like the two head light trucks a little better.

Waco Fat Daddy 08-10-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xs-style (Post 8012567)
I don't know if I'd go so far as to say that it's anything special. But, personally the big block and the bucket seat interior are two pretty nice options in my opinion. In a few years, as this body style grows in popularity, I think they could have merit, but time will tell. Nice to see another local guy on this board. I live in Lawndale and work in cherryville, so maybe I'll see ya around. post us some pictures when you get time.

Where in Cherryville do you work? My boys played little league in Cherryville few years back.

xs-style 08-10-2017 10:40 PM

I work part-time at the AutoZone up there. I'm 50/50 on which front end is nicer. I like my 73 front setup that I've got on my 78, but I dont think my 87 would look right if it didn't have that squared off grill. Could have something to do with the 78 being lowered and the blazer being a 4x4 too.

Waco Fat Daddy 08-10-2017 10:48 PM

Cool, I shop at that auto-zone sometimes. I usually go to the advance auto in Cherryville though. Side note I grew up in Lawndale, moved to Waco when I got married a log time ago😜